Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « the fear of the pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   the fear of the pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the fear of the pain  (Read 474 times)
blaughland
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

the fear of the pain
« on: Feb 1st, 2005, 1:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just found this site i have been taking these headaches for the past 6 years jan to march at the same time seen my gp  he said i need glasses thought no not glasses the pain is extreme every night beetween 10pm 12am it wiil last for 1hour then come back between 4am 5am .i have had my glasses for 4 weeks but i see constant shadows  with them  so i went back to the optiction he said the glasses were fine but now i no what the shadows are i think  only last thursday i had the mother of all it was blindingi felt my whole right side was in severe pain i felt like taking my eye out  Wink
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: the fear of the pain
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 1:28pm »

Welcome blaughland and I'm sorry you're here. Eyestrain would not cause such extreme pain, in my opinion. I think it would be a good idea to see a neurologist and get a diagnosis. While you're waiting for your appointment, look around the boards here and at the OUCH site (link to the left) and print out any information that may be helpful in the diagnostic process. Good luck and pain free wishes to you, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 2:04pm »

Hey blaugh,

I see you are in Glasgow.  I just moved from Edinburgh a few months ago.  There was someone else here from Glasgow.  Well, not from Glasgow, but going to Uni there.  I thought I had her screen name, but i can't find it.  Anyway, I agree with nani.  Get to the doc, and hopefully get oln to the neuro.  In Edinburgh I was referred to a headache clinic where I had a great neuro.  I imagine there will be something similar in Glasgow as well.

I hope it gets better for you.  Read some of the info at the site.  The OUCH UK site is very helpful for UK specific issues, such as getting oxygen, getting the right mask, etc...

Pubgirl was real helpful to me when I first got here.  The UK site is fantastic.  Get on there or call them for some great support.  But stick around here too!

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:27am »

Welcome, Blaughland.

Between now and the middle of February, I'm expecting to go into cycle. I was talking with another clusterhead and they said it was like living with an anvil hanging overhead, knowing that the cord could snap at any moment. I thought that a pretty apt description of the fear that we live under...

Welcome to the board. Sorry you have reason to be here...

-Frank

IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
blaughland
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:32pm »

thanks very much doctors app next week . also phoned ouch missed the call last night  phoning tonight 3/02 05  this site has learned me what i have been suffering for the past 6 years the doctor would just give me over the counter painkillers i would tell him they are no good this time i will be armed with the help of this site he will no what ch are when i leave his surgery i think i have printed a book about  this site for him........thanx..................ps at the begining my old uncle would tell me to eat oranges  when i thought i had any headache coming  i dont no if it was in my mind but i think it worked then .....brian
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #5 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:33pm »

on Feb 1st, 2005, 1:11pm, blaughland wrote:
i had the mother of all it was blindingi felt my whole right side was in severe pain i felt like taking my eye out  Wink

Now THAT sounds like ch.  Welcome aboard.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 3:15pm »

Welcome blaughland sorry you have to be here but glad you are.  Everyone here is alot of help to me and I know they will be to you.  PF vibes heading your way.
IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:31pm »

man, i hear ya about the fear of the pain that will come.
welcome and good luck in getting relief.  there are several meds and prescriptions that are talked about here that should bring you some relief.  
You have to demand things from your Doc.  Tell him your quality of life is in the shitter and you need these items in the worst way.
I took OTC and prescription painkillers and they only seemed to make it worse for me.  I was poppin like 20 pills a day of a mixture of painkillers.
PF wishes
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:43pm »

Ditto, Monee. For the past eight years, everytime I was in cycle, I probably ate my own weight in sinus headache medication... Ugh... Amazing that my liver still functions!

-Frank
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
ArCane
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Onward through the fog

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 1:14am »

I describe the fear to people like this.  Its like being a POW for 3 months and getting the shit beat out of you everyday.  Then one day your finally released to your own government, but they are in need of good men for the war.  They send you right back over to the country you just came back from.  You live everyday in fear that your going to be captured and tortured once again.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2005, 1:16am by ArCane » IP Logged

Alchemy’s First Law of Equivalent Exchange: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 7:29am »

ArCane,

Nice description.  It resonates.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 8:06am »

on Feb 4th, 2005, 1:14am, ArCane wrote:
I describe the fear to people like this.  Its like being a POW for 3 months and getting the shit beat out of you everyday.  Then one day your finally released to your own government, but they are in need of good men for the war.  They send you right back over to the country you just came back from.  You live everyday in fear that your going to be captured and tortured once again.

good one!!
I'll be quoting that one.

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
blaughland
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 4:16pm »

two days where it has gone i do not no........always seem,s  to finish when i dont have to work ... the tingle is still there ..... suppose the fear will always be there..........someday i will have just  the normal everyday headache...if ..only..the mind will decide.xx
IP Logged
Night_Zombie
New Board Junior
Ireland 

If u obey all the rules, u miss all the fun......

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 4:52pm »

Hi,
Bet you are glad you found this site Smiley I cant tell you how much its kept me goingxxxx
One word about the Docs in our part of the world(im from Scotland also), dont let them fob u off, push push and keep pushing till you feel you are getting some place, Im not long on meds,and Im sure all on this site will tell you it's hard to get it right, but keep with it.  
IP Logged

love and hugs xxx
blaughland
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 7:17pm »

thanx
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss