Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 3:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Yet more questions: blood pressure & tranquili »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Yet more questions: blood pressure & tranquili
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Yet more questions: blood pressure & tranquili  (Read 248 times)
Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Yet more questions: blood pressure & tranquili
« on: Feb 5th, 2005, 1:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All
Some more questions: last night I had a strange experience.  I never, ever thorow up.  I also suffer from migraines and even then, throwing up is a very rare occassion.   Last night I had an attack at about 18h30 & took cafergot.  It was my last cafergot, so I went to chemist for more. At chemist I asked them if there's something for the panic-attack sysmtoms I get with ch, and they gave me Tissue salts containing banjage, clematis, rock rose, impatients, melissa, star of bethlehem, cherry plum, on the box it says "Natura Rescue  for shock, anxiety & sleep disturbances".  At 20h00 we had dinner and right after that I got violently sick and threw up. I was not having paid or shadows then.  But I felt absolutely horrible.  I went to chemist and my blood pressure was alarmingly high :138 / 108, pulse 101.  I don't undertand what this means, but the lady was alarmed and said the 108 s/be 80.   They said to stay cool & drink an energy drink (Energade) with ice.   I never suffered from high blood pressure.  Is it common for such a high reading if in cycle?
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

Re: Yet more questions: blood pressure & tranq
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 9:38am »

Blood pressure responds to pain. If someone claims to be in pain, but their blood pressure is  120/70, then that would be very strange.

-Frank
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 10:00am »

It was probably a reaction to the "natural remedy" and the pain. Don't take the other stuff and see what it does. The cafergot should not raise your BP. There are other anxiety formulas you can take if you still have panic attacks.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 9:53am »

Barbara, please help me, what other natural remedies?  I do suffer from anxiety pre- and during ch.
IP Logged
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

« Reply #4 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 7:15pm »

I'm assuming the chemist is what we call a pharmacist?  The natural remedy he gave you is Rescue Remedy and (normally) would not cause anyone to have high blood pressure or vomit.  I have had a CH while at he neuro's office and my bp was quite high. He tells me that blood pressure can rise (significantly) during CH.   That can explain the high BP.  The vomiting....maybe the food was bad? PFDAN, Janet
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss