Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 10:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Burst Blood Vessels »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Burst Blood Vessels
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Burst Blood Vessels  (Read 520 times)
Versilleus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

WWW Email

Burst Blood Vessels
« on: Feb 5th, 2005, 8:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In the last couple of weeks I have experienced a constanst Kip 10 with little relief. When I awoke the other day my 'cluster eye' had several blood vessel burst. It works out to be about a 2-3mm in width. No pain from it. Has anyone else experienced this? This is my second one in as many months. Weird.

Paul
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

Re: Burst Blood Vessels
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 10:58pm »

I've had the same thing in my cluster eye since Thursday, after some shadowing.  The eye started to tear and I woke up with it.  Doesn't hurt either.  Except for this time, only once before a few years back like you after a kip10 cluster.  

Langa  Smiley
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
Versilleus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 11:21pm »

Hi Langa,

Good to know someone else experiences this. I also get the bloodshot eyes afterwards and the tearing of my eye beforehand but nothing like this. Any ideas why this happens?

Paul
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #3 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 11:56pm »

Hi Paul and Welcome, by the way...

I have no idea why, and i've only had it happen twice in 26 years...the watery eye deal all the time with clusters along with the runny nostril on the cluster side, but not the vessel bursting redness in the eye...maybe Floridian or someone with more medical background can explain it to us.

Langa  Smiley
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
the_old_man
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 7:55am »

About a month ago a similar thing happened to me.  It's never happened in the 27 years I've had clusters.  My hits are always at nite, but this happened during the day.  Since you woke up this way, you might not have any idea what happened at the moment the blood vessels burst.  I was wide awake when this happened, so I can tell you what I experienced.  My left eye, cluster side, began to get blurry, like there was a film over it.  Then I got a shadow, about a k3 or 4 and the eyelid drooped.  I got a little dizzy but that cleared up.  For the rest of the day I had a constant shadow in that eye.  I slept through the night that night for the first time in 11 weeks.  When I got up in the morning, I had the bloodshot eye and drooping eyelid.  I also had a mild shadow.  That lasted for 2 or 3 days, but I have not had a ch since.  It's been a month now.  For some reason it ended my cycle.  The eye still droops when I'm tired, and sometimes I wake up with a mild shadow, but no more full blown attacks, and I'm sleeping every night.  Weird...but I'll take it over the k8-10 I was getting 3 times a night.

The Old Man
IP Logged
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 11:04am »

Pual
   I have once burst a small vessle in my right eye.
 It was a kip 10 and I hurt so bad I did not want to even take steady breaths, So I would hold my breath and when I leaned over in total pain I could feel the pressure go straight to my right eye. My head was sore by that eye for a week.  
    All I can say is force yourself to breath steadily and try not to cut off you air supply, as much as it might hurt to breath.
    Good luck
 bigred
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss