Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 8:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « disabilty »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   disabilty
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: disabilty  (Read 351 times)
rcw134
New Board Newbie
USA 

And this too shall pass - if only for a while

Email

disabilty
« on: Feb 18th, 2005, 9:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Greetings to all - my headaches started in 1976. There was a time when I would have a year or two break and then the headaches would start again.

Sice July 2004, I have had daily headaches.  I was diagnosed as having both cluster and migraine headaches.  In 1997 I spent 10 days at the diamond headache center, in the clumbus hospital.

to date I have been having mostly clusters 2 tiems a day and some migrains mixed in.  Last night I had a hell of a migrain - finally got to bed about 10pm.  

I woke up this morning at 4:30am with a cluster.  I've exhausted everything out there and nothing will touch my headaches.  Right now I am taking it a day at a time.  I'm a retired Deputy Sheriff with 27 years of service.  The last 7 in the detective bureau. assigned to the sensitive crimes unit, mostly  child abuse cases.

I am applying for social security disability and would like some feed back from any one that may have had success in getting disability.

Presently all I can do is deal with the pain with percodan, maxalt, and midrin.  I've tired all meds that I and my Dr are aware of.    

It's not "will" I get a headache today, but a question of when and how many.  

my e-mail is:  rcw134@charter.net.
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: disabilty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 10:59am »

Have you tried oxygen?
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Edu_Martins
New Board Newbie
Brazil 

...just a fear of sleep...

« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 11:57am »

Sorry to see you here. (they said it to me too  Grin )

Have you tried sumatriptain? It works with most of people here.

You will find here lots of informations about CH. Hope you find anyfing you need here, like im finding.
IP Logged

[]s Edu Martins
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 2:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mind if I ask your age?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss