Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 7:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Input please this is starting to scare me. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Input please this is starting to scare me.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Input please this is starting to scare me.  (Read 399 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Input please this is starting to scare me.
« on: Feb 20th, 2005, 11:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been a CH lefty for as long as I can remember.  I've had the rare switch hit from time to time, but the tell tale *twitch* has always been below the left eye only.  Well for two days now, though there have been no hits on the right side, between hits I am getting the *twitch* under the right eye now too. I can be shadowing on the left and the right eye will be twitching away like crazy..

WTF is going on?  
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Input please this is starting to scare me.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 12:42pm »

Mine switch sides when I'm in different "cycles". One time on the left... for a few weeks, a couple days break, then they start up on the right. A couple months ago, I had been getting hit on the right for that particular "cycle", when I noticed I was starting to feel it on the left, I was having a shadow on the right, but I started to get hit on the left, hard. I tried to tell myself it couldn't be CH, because I had been getting hit on the right lately.  

I WAS getting hit on the left, and very hard. It was way worse than the hits I was experiencing on the right. I finally got some trex, and it went away after awhile, I think it took longer, because I waited too long.

That started a short period of time of getting hit on the other side. The hits were harder and longer. K 10's every time. And they would last 3 hours.  The right side hits stopped for about a week, while I was getting hit on the left, then went back to the right. It sucked. I've never had that before, and it's happened again a few times. The opposite side hits were worse and longer.

Hopefully, it's just a temporary thing. I know we get used to one side, and if anything changes, we're asking WTF? Who knows, it's probably the beast throwing a little variety in our lives. Fucker.
IP Logged

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 12:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have you recently changed meds?
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 12:59pm »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 12:48pm, Sean_C wrote:
Have you recently changed meds?

Recently been going off meds.  

No verapamil at all for 6 days now.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2005, 12:59pm by Redd » IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:02pm »

I haven't taken Verap but lots have here.

Anybody out there ever have this happen before because of this?

Sean............................
IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:11pm »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 12:59pm, Redd715 wrote:

Recently been going off meds.  

No verapamil at all for 6 days now.

How's your blood pressure? Going off verap can cause a sudden spike in BP that can trigger lots of screwy stuff.

Bob
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:14pm »

I can say this with certainty...the verap does...if nothing else...tame the beast to a degree...I haven't had hits in nearly a year that went into my teeth, but since off the verap even the shadows make my upper left molars ache...

what a strange beast this is huh?
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:17pm »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 1:11pm, BikerBob wrote:

How's your blood pressure? Going off verap can cause a sudden spike in BP that can trigger lots of screwy stuff.

Bob

went off it very slowly Bob, as to not let it drop to death levels.  I have very low BP to begin with two weeks ago it droped very very low and I couldn't move without feeling I was going to pass out.  Fridays trip for a BP check had me right at 102/64  better than the 80's/50's of past.
IP Logged

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:23pm »

I usually feel it in my upper left right gum area during a hit. I once was certain my headaches were caused by my teeth. I actually sat down in the dentist chair in the middle of a hit and demanded he pull them all. Grin Definately a wierd disorder for sure.

Sean.............................
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:24pm by Sean_C » IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:39pm »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 1:23pm, Sean_C wrote:
I usually feel it in my upper left right gum area during a hit. I once was certain my headaches were caused by my teeth. I actually sat down in the dentist chair in the middle of a hit and demanded he pull them all. Grin Definately a wierd disorder for sure.

Sean.............................

Many many a night before I was Dx, I'd wake up to the beast and bounce around in the bathroom mirror with dental floss and a pair of needle nose pliars trying to pull them out myself...

Warning to others ...DO NOT TRY THIS...you never get the teeth out and only break and chip the shit out them.

Undecided
IP Logged

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:52pm »

I can't remember how many times I would start to brush my teeth trying to make the pain go away, we do wierd shit when getting hit don't we Grin Where all fuckin nuts thats what it is  Wink

Sean............................. Grin
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 8:34pm »

Hi Redd,

After my last cycle, I decided to wean off the Verapamil totally until next time 'round.  Took me a full 5 months.  Each time I decreased the dose, those twinges would start and would last for about a week.  A couple times I wimped out and upped the dose again for awhile.

However ... I never had twinges on my "non-cluster" side.  Maybe you're not quite ready to go cold turkey?  Could you start taking it again in small doses and see if those twinges and shadows go away?  If so, maybe you need to wean down like I did.

Just a thought ...  

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 8:55pm »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 8:34pm, Kris_in_SJ wrote:
Hi Redd,

After my last cycle, I decided to wean off the Verapamil totally until next time 'round.  Took me a full 5 months.  Each time I decreased the dose, those twinges would start and would last for about a week.  A couple times I wimped out and upped the dose again for awhile.

However ... I never had twinges on my "non-cluster" side.  Maybe you're not quite ready to go cold turkey?  Could you start taking it again in small doses and see if those twinges and shadows go away?  If so, maybe you need to wean down like I did.

Just a thought ...  

Kris

I'm trying to get off all the drugs I've been on  for the last year Kris.   Looking into other means to treat this beast.  Officially chronic now and seeing no end in sight with traditional meds that could harm me in the long run, I'm opting for a different avenue.
IP Logged

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #13 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:31pm »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 1:52pm, Sean_C wrote:
we do wierd shit when getting hit don't we Grin Where all fuckin nuts thats what it is  Wink

I bet we do... Tongue
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 5:24pm »

Hiya Redd,

My hits will sometimes switch sides as well....
Within this long cycle they have been predominantly right sided but the ones that come on the left are hell.....
I also have other party favors going on that are quite annoying and painful that tend to switch.

It's a real biatch....let your doc know and do whaever you have to do.......

For some detoxing I'm sure is not worth it.
I was trying to do so before the wedding and on honeymoon they started coming again and since are starting to roar.....

I am currently contemplating either......totally detoxing and going a "different route" or upping again and adding......Hard decisions us crazies have to make!

Hang in there!!!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss