Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 3:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ? that's been asked a thousand times »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ? that's been asked a thousand times
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ? that's been asked a thousand times  (Read 469 times)
Connie
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

? that's been asked a thousand times
« on: Feb 17th, 2005, 9:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,
Always reading, post every once in a while (you guys/girls have helped me tremendously).  I know this has been posted so much but I never really like to read about being chronic so I usually tune it out, but now I may be a little concerned.

What is the definition of Chronic?  
My husband has been in this cycle since September 18, 2005.  His last cycle was 4 months and then it was over and he was in remission for 4 years.  Now he still is getting them.  Not severe at all, O2 works, hasn't used imitrex injection in quite some time.  Can function most of time, goes to work etc.  but they are still there.  Hopefully he is not chronic, but we can't stop thinking that maybe he is.

He goes 3-4 days without anything.  We still watch what he eats, drinks. etc. and then he gets hit but not really bad but enough to notice and have to use 02.

Any suggestions?

Thanks as always.
Connie
IP Logged

Connie
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

Re: ? that's been asked a thousand times
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2005, 9:06pm »

I think CHronic means the absence of a continuous, pain free month in the last year....
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2005, 9:22pm »

Allow me to rephrase Pauls confusing statement there...must have had a hard day at the office today... Kiss

Chronic is defined as one year with less than 30 consecutive pf days.

How did I do?    Grin

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17th, 2005, 9:26pm »

According to IHS:

Criteria for Chronic CH :

Attacks for more than 1 yr without remission or with remission lasting less than 1 month

edited to add...you did great Pegg Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2005, 9:27pm by E-Double » IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 12:02am »

Forget the classification, work on the treatment.  If Rx meds don't cut it, Clusterbusters is great, but there's a new deal on Kudzu, and we're recruiting heavily. Please take a look -  
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1107368408

Praise O2,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Tim_Z
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 12:23am »

Sounds like me, I get them every four years. With every new cycle they last longer. The last on I had lasted almost seven months. I rarely get ha's that are under a seven. the last month or so is the worst.  

Tim
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 12:26am »

Sorry you're suffering Tim...have you considered...ummm...kudzu? Read the thread.
love, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 6:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Connie,
I'm in the same boat as your husband. Always been episodic for 28 years, but this cycle I'm in now also started in Sept., 2004 and is still going on. Just wanted to let you know I also feel you and your husbands concern about going chronic.  

I'm glad this question came up again, I misunderstood about the definition of chronic - thought it was not going one week HA free in a year. Learned something new again.

Let this condition finally end for us all!!!

Wishing PFDANs for all.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 8:11am »

Quote:
Forget the classification, work on the treatment.

Agreed......but........the Doctors look to the classification to prescribe the treatment. Thats why there is a classification
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 8:28am »

I think that there is a larger issue at stake here:

on Feb 17th, 2005, 9:01pm, Connie wrote:
My husband has been in this cycle since September 18, 2005.  

The fact that your husband's cycle started on a date that has not yet occured tells us all that you have discovered the secret of time travel.  What I would request you do is to travel into the future to when they have discovered a cure for this damn condition, to a time when the docs have taken us seriously, and then bring it back for all of us to use.  this would be great for you because you could present the cure in the present as if it was yours, and make a ton of money, as well as do a great service to humanity.

Please, as tempting as it may be, do not merely travel back to a happier time before clusters and forget all of us.  That is uinless you can take us with you.

Please,
Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
EvertBoer
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 5:22pm »

Hi Connie,

I'm also at the stage of having longer remission periods between cycles. I'm at about 5 years. My cluster cycles used to last a couple of months or so, but with the longer remission periods I have noticed that the cycle lasts longer also. My last one was also not as bad, but it lasted a full 7 months before it finally went away. A couple of times I thought it was gone, but it lingered some more. Hopefully your husband's cycle  will be like mine and should be disappearing soon.
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 8:03pm »

on Feb 18th, 2005, 8:28am, clarence wrote:
I think that there is a larger issue at stake here:

The fact that your husband's cycle started on a date that has not yet occured tells us all that you have discovered the secret of time travel.  What I would request you do is to travel into the future to when they have discovered a cure for this damn condition, to a time when the docs have taken us seriously, and then bring it back for all of us to use.  this would be great for you because you could present the cure in the present as if it was yours, and make a ton of money, as well as do a great service to humanity.

Please, as tempting as it may be, do not merely travel back to a happier time before clusters and forget all of us.  That is uinless you can take us with you.

Please,
Casey

Grin
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:03pm »

on Feb 19th, 2005, 8:03pm, Frank_W wrote:

Grin

Somebody gets me... Wink

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
floridian

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:13pm »

on Feb 18th, 2005, 8:28am, clarence wrote:

Please,
Casey

No, I think going to the future makes more sense.  And send back some newspapers from the next few months, then we can dig ourselves out financially as well.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #14 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:14pm »

I need next week's lotto numbers while you're there.  Grin
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:23pm »

Connie,

Don't let 'em rib you too much. SOoooooooooo...............Can ya help me with next year's Superbowl winner? (Wink
IP Logged
Connie
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 7:20pm »

Thanks  for all the reply's.  I realized the date after I sent it and was hoping nobody caught it, but there is always one in the crowd (makes for a couple of laughs anyway).

I do have one more questions if I may.  The other day all of a sudden he had a severe headache (tension he thought) at the back of his head near his neck.  It was so bad I thought we may have to go to the ER like maybe he was having an anuerism or something.  He said it was not a cluster.   It lasted about 20 minutes (he took 3 advils) and then it was gone.  We thought maybe it was the devil finally leaving his body but it happened again 2 days later.  Not sure what to make of this, anyone else have this happen?

Thanks again
IP Logged

Connie
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 4:41pm »

NO, but none of this sounds like clusters, maybe some sort of combination, it happens. If you are a waitress watch your weight 7 lbs and your out Shocked

Lee  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss