Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 3:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I hate fucking Pharmacys »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I hate fucking Pharmacys
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I hate fucking Pharmacys  (Read 522 times)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

I hate fucking Pharmacys
« on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Damn it.  

Here in Jan I tried to get my Scipts filled.  The script that I had in finally ran out. It was written for 30 a month but the insurance would only fill 6 a month (NS). I bring in a written script form my primary doc to get it filled.  I did not have my BCBS card yet so it was $756 for 6 NS, had to pass could not afford it.     Now 3 weeks ago I got my card and put in for it to be filled and they are out of stock.  Now they are telling me that they need to call the doc to see if it is ok to fill it.  The hand script is good for a year and does nto run out until April, by then I should have a new doc.  But by the time they fill it it will be time for my next refill and I bet they wont give me 12 rather then the 6.  This fucking sucks.  My care package is runnign out and I need to have something I can use at work and the shots are tough.   I am so angry right now I want to cry.  It is not a fuckig narcotic it is Trex.  I need this...  Cry Cry Cry Cry   I feel like a fucking junky and it is not fair that I have to fight so hard to get me something that helps me survive.  Fuck this.  Hell I already have started smoking again after 8 and a half years cause it gives me an excuse to go outside ny myself when I feel one ramping up.  This is a new job I dont want to fuck it up because I cant function.  

........................................................................ ........................................................................ ........................................................................ .......................................................

Goddess Help me.....   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Thanks for letting me vent. At least now I dont feel like I am going to break into tears here at work.  Cry

PF Wishes everyone,
-Tiannia
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:48am by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: I hate fucking Pharmacys
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:01pm »

hug I wish I could help Tia.. it sucks.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

jasckorohod

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Tianna, have you considered going to a pain clinic?  I started going to one in 1996 and was prescribed narcotics as nothing else even touched my CCH pain.  I have BCBS, Federal Employee Program and when I was in the US (live in The Netherlands now), I never had a problem getting my scripts filled, no matter how much was prescribed.  Many people with CCH or ECH don't believe that opiates do any good, but they work for me.  Although I cannot get it here, STADOL, a powerful anesthetic, when used as a nose spray, has been shown to be very effective and fast acting when an attack comes on-you might want to check it out.  I've found that family docs are very reluctant to prescribe narcotic medications on a long term basis, but in a pain clinic there is no such problem if the doc there believes that the drug will work for you.  I've tried Imigram injections and they didn't do a thing for me and they are expensive.  So, please think about the pain clinic option and good luck at your new job.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:47pm »

hug
I wish I could help out...
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 2:50pm »

I wish I was there to help you fight the bastages . .. please know .. .we're thinking of you, and keeping you surounded with . . .  
*positive light and energy*
mia
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 5:08pm »

THanks guys - just really really needed to vent this am.  Hoping to make an appointmenet with a new doc sometime soon. Guess what I really hate is whomever I see I might only see a couple of times cause our insurance is changing again come May.  Part of me wants to say fuck it and not go but I know that I need treatment fro the CH.  I have taken myself off everything else they put me on because it did not help and none of the doc had the balls to try something new.  So I start a new doc with a clean slate (so to speak) save the trex.  

Will get it figured out.  

My Pain killers for my back do nothing for my CH.  Trex helps maybe half the time, if I can take it soon enough. But I never took anything higher then Roxicodone (15mg) cause I wont get looped rather then the pain cause of my kids. I'd rather fight through it. Maybe there is something else I can use.  

Thanks again guys. Will stay strong  
-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 6:15pm »

I WAS told by a pharmacist that if I needed more than 6 a month they obviously were not working.  She said she would have to contact my dr to see if he had any other solutions  because this one wasn't working for me.  I got beat red in the face and told the %$^%$ that I get 8 ha a day.  I take 1 imitrex for each ha and it works.  The ha goes away.  But 1/2 hr latter they are back again.  She said I was suffering from rebound ha and then told me she wouldn't fill my script it wasn't in my best interest and she sugestested I find a new neuro.  My insurance changed 3 weeks latter I was so glad but I was ready to kill. I am so glad I am in remission now.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:15pm »

Is everyone with pharmacy issues participating in the Wingate student project?
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:26pm »

So far,  haven't had any real pharmacy issues except for cost.  I currently pay $100 for 6 Trex Syringes.  Luckily for me, that lasts about 3-4 days.  

And yes, I am in the Wingate study.  My little pharmacy student is apalled at the cost of drugs.  Perhaps, 10 years down the road, she'll be able to make a difference.

Tiannia - I'm so sorry for what you're experiencing.  Have you tried Oxygen?  I'm a little behind on everyone's history, but at least with O2 you wouldn't have some pharmacist telling you what you should or shouldn't have!

Many Hugs and PF Wishes,

Kris  
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:30am »

Do you like the Inhalers?  

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 1:02am »

on Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:15pm, don wrote:

I don't have pharmacy issues, but I'm competing. Does this mean I should feel guilty? I will, if it helps the team.
I really appreciate the Wingate program. It's kind of strange describing massive script quantities confounded by insurance issues to kids paying tens of thousands of dollars for a degree just to throw pills in a jar by the hour. They mean well, and I'll be damned if I'll Light into one of these students for the problems with our health care situation. Might as well start spitting on Iraq vets.  

Honey or vinegar. Your choice.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
don

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 7:28am »

The Wingate Program can be used as a preventative. The very issues mentioned here were discussed with my student last week.

A Preventative that will eventually become an abortive when enough students are informed of the real issues..
IP Logged
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:53am »

on Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:15pm, don wrote:

No - Cant remember why but for some reason I could not at the time.
IP Logged

TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:38am »

Step back and take a look at this: The Pharmacist is doing his/her job. If your script is a few weeks old (date written) it IS thier job to question.  
Yes, I do get hit more than once a day; yes I use up my Trex; yes my pharmacist questions me, too.  
Tia--I do feel for you. Honest. Breath deep and know we do understand. You ranted and now I have. I'm off the soapbox. Next?
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 2:12pm »

Tia,

As part of our BCBS coverage we have a mail order prscription plan, look into it. I was able to get 2 Imitrex NS a day and a 90 day supply. Do the math.  The pharmacy, even if the insurance approves it, most of the time were out of stock....and gave a hard time about it

Ozzy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss