Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Looking for Insight »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Looking for Insight
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking for Insight  (Read 243 times)
playmesomeblues
New Board Newbie
USA 

Looking for Insight
« on: Jul 30th, 2005, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,
Wondering whether you can share some insights with me.  Have any of you had a cluster start on one side, then use meds., prednisone in my case, and have the cluster start over on the other side?  It went away while on full dose of prednisone, but came back on the other side when I began the taper.  So I'm at 9 weeks with the clusters now and way tired of it, as only each of you can understand.

So now I'm thinking about verapamil or topamax--got a neurol. app't on tuesday.  What are your thoughts on those?  I've been reading with interest about kudzu, but am reluctant to abandon imitrex to try it.

Thank you all and may everyone be PF.

David
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Looking for Insight
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 2:38pm »

David, there is another thread on this same board on headaches switching from one side to the other. Check it out. I've only been here 2 months and still don't know how to link other threads  Huh

Have you tried Oxygen as an abortive? It works wonders for most of us. Check out the link on the left, and when you see your neuro, don't leave there without a script for it.

I tried Topamax 2 months ago and made my headaches worse.

good luck,
jose
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 3:09pm »

Welcome play...It's not unusual for the CH to switch sides. Verapamil needs time to build up to therapeutic levels, so it's most effective when introduced at the beginning of a pred taper.  
About kudzu:
The thing about kudzu is that if it's going to work for you, you'll notice a difference rather quickly, and you may not need any more trex. Most notice a drastic decrease in frequency, pain level, and/or duration by the next day. Oxygen and/or Red Bull are probably the best abortives to use with it, to lessen any possibility of a meds interaction. Using trex within a few hours of kudzu will most likely make the trex ineffective. Should you decide to give kudzu a try, be sure to read everything you can about it and make an informed decision. Also be aware that interaction info is still mostly unavailable, so be mindful of any other meds you may take, for CH or anything else. You can PM me anytime if you have questions.  Smiley
Keep us posted on how things are going for you.  
Good luck and pain free wishes, nani
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2005, 3:10pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
playmesomeblues
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 7:02pm »

Thanks to both of you, Jose & Nani.  Yeah, Jose I do have O2 already.  But I'm having breakthrough headaches so am using the 'trex too.

Nani, I'll study the kudzu some more, thank you.  It does sound as though Verapamil is the most utilized so will try for that on tuesday too.

Thanks you two.

David
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 2:57am »

Hi Play, good luck and PF wishes for you!
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss