Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I Gotta Say It. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I Gotta Say It.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I Gotta Say It.  (Read 766 times)
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

I Gotta Say It.
« on: Aug 4th, 2005, 10:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all... I just want to say 'thank you' for being here for me throughout this cycle.  I've tried to find you online before (for 18 years!) and am grateful you are here now.  It's nice to know there are others that have traveled the paths I've been down and seeing others travel different paths and come back with some excellent information.  This is the place I go to when I'm apprehensive about going to sleep and the first place I think of when the 'beast' leaves.   I've got the swollen eye after a 4 am hit today and am the wealthiest person in the world knowing I'm not alone in this battle.
Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Susan
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

Re: I Gotta Say It.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 11:05am »

Glad you found us.  We're here for you in the hopes that we can answer some questions, lend you our shoulders to cry on, our ears to listen, and send you our prayers for PFDAN.  

hug
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 11:43am »

on Aug 4th, 2005, 10:10am, brainfreeze wrote:
I've tried to find you online before (for 18 years!)!

Oh come on. That's not possible because Al Gore didn't invent the internet until something like 15 years ago
 Grin

welcome, glad you found us!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2005, 11:47am by seasonalboomer » IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 12:45pm »

The best thank you that you can give is by sticking around and helping others who are going through the same thing. That's what this place is all about. Nobody is going to say YOU'RE WELCOME. Wink
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 3:16pm »

You rock dude(tte)!!!!!!!

Keep it up and things will be ok!

Just remember to stick around when you battle is done and to provide the same love to those who come after you.

Best,

Eric

edit..just noticed dude is a Susan and unless " a boy named Sue" Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2005, 3:18pm by E-Double » IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 4:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 4th, 2005, 11:43am, seasonalboomer wrote:

Oh come on. That's not possible because Al Gore didn't invent the internet until something like 15 years ago
 Grin

I've been on-line since 1985 - pre internet BBS.  

And Gore started pushing for a high speed network around 20 years ago. He was THE politician that had a vision of what the net could be, and made sure that the universities got enough money to do it.  From the Encarta Encyclopedia:

Gore had long been interested in telecommunications issues. In 1986 he introduced the Supercomputer Network Study Act that eventually led to the investment of billions of dollars in fiber optic research. The development of fiber optics—the transmission of information in the form of light pulsing through thin, flexible glass tubes—allowed efficient, long-distance communication between computers, paving the way for the widespread use of the Internet. He followed up with the National High-Performance Computer Technology Act, signed by President Bush in 1991. The act directed the National Science Foundation to assist colleges, universities, and libraries in connecting to the burgeoning national computer network. Gore later helped popularize the term information superhighway, used to refer to the wide range of information services available through the Internet.
http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761553525/Al_Gore.html
IP Logged
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 4th, 2005, 11:20pm »

laugh laugh laugh
I appreciate the replies.  You are all awesome and the Al Gore thing,  cracks me up.  I did try the internet pre-Gore era and I dialed up, waited, waited, disconnected,  tried again, got worse, got better, connected which all started resembling a CH.  I logged off before I got anywhere. Grin I will try to be a long standing supporter to the boards even when I'm PF (whenever that decides to happen Roll Eyes )   And thanks for the encarta version of the internet.  That was a little more information (TMI) than I was looking for  Shocked As an Okie gal says 'YouAll are hilarious.  Take care and PFDAN to you.
IP Logged

Susan
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss