Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Left, Right and Back Again... (Ping Pong) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Left, Right and Back Again... (Ping Pong)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Left, Right and Back Again... (Ping Pong)  (Read 434 times)
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

Left, Right and Back Again... (Ping Pong)
« on: Aug 11th, 2005, 5:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All...  

I was just curious.. I have noticed here on the board that poeple are having alot of different things happen with their CH this cycle...  

Well I thought I was (I'm still wishing) at the end of this cycle..

But about 2 days ago, I started getting Shadows on the Right side of my head, starting behind my eye. I usually get hit on the Left side always, been a long time since I was hit on the Right side and even longer since I was getting them on both sides...  

Well yesterday, I never got a full CH hit, but all day long the beast was just running from side to side, back and forth... just Shadows all day long and half the night... I hope this is like some kind of a last push by the BEAST before he goes into remission for a few months.

My Left side is used to the hits, but my Right side is remaining sore.. I dunno exactley how to explain it, it just makes me CRAZY, its not hitting hard enough for me to take the TREX and I'm still holding out on the Lithuim.

I was just wondering if anyone else has or is having the same thing going on... I know there was a previous thread, but I really do not feel like looking for it now...  

I used the O2 last night for about 20 minutes, it helped, but about a hour later it just started again, just like someone running up and hitting you in one spot and when you look that way, they come back and smack me on the other side... Dammit....  

Oh well Sorry to Ramble on, but trying to explain what I am feeling... It's frustrating than anything......  

Thanks All  
PFDAN's..........
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Left, Right and Back Again... (Ping Pong)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 6:07am »

Waddaya mean, you don't know how to explain it?  That was a perfect description of what I call 'wildcats' and I'd happily swap the mongrels for a Kip10!

Only thing I've ever found that helps is ordinary painkillers washed down with hot, strong coffee (makes em work faster) but because the rotten things just keep going, it really does seem like you're going crazy.

They're wierd and I hate them.

Good luck,

Brian.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 6:26am »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 6:07am, AussieBrian wrote:
Waddaya mean, you don't know how to explain it?  That was a perfect description of what I call 'wildcats' and I'd happily swap the mongrels for a Kip10!

Only thing I've ever found that helps is ordinary painkillers washed down with hot, strong coffee (makes em work faster) but because the rotten things just keep going, it really does seem like you're going crazy.

They're wierd and I hate them.

Good luck,

Brian.

Thanks Brian....  

Yea, I guess you are right....  

I thought about taking a Pain Pill but was just scared, usually the Narc stuff will just make mine go harder, but I'm gonna try that, and my Code Red Mt.Dew...  

Its just making work hell, I am glad that I work 4/10hr days, this is my last day of the week for me..  

PFDAN's to You
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 6:42am »

Charlie  

I have experienced the ping pong effect before as well.  Not so much lately but it has happened.

Never ever recieved a real hit over on the right but definitely shadows though.  Knocking on wood.

Hope you get relief soon.
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 6:54am »

yup!

Welcome to the world of renegade ping pong
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 7:16am »

I don't know about ping pong but my full cycle on the right side ended (or so I thought), and I went almost a month PF, then started with the shadows and ice picks on the left side for about another three weeks.  THEN the cycle ended and I'm PF now.  Wierd   Huh
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
brainfreeze
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 11:13am »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 5:40am, jcmquix wrote:
Hi I hope this is like some kind of a last push by the BEAST before he goes into remission for a few months.

I haven't had the ch switch sides as I always have them on my right but....  the beast wore out his welcome the last two days and moved out. (hoo..ray!)   Just prior to that though I was getting pin pricks on the other side of my head causing weird sensations.  Sometimes it stung so bad, the scalp would quiver.  It was strange.  Not real pain but just noticable and very irritating.  
Hopefully yours is a sign of your beast walking out.  PFDAN to you and all others here.

IP Logged

Susan
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 11:21am »

Hi all ...

Yea.. I really do not know what this F**king Beast is up too.... The Ultrams & Mt.Dew seem to be helping me manage it... its better if I just stay busy here at work, I noticed as soon as I take a small break it just starts up again...  

Called the Nero Dr and the Nurse (???) says that if you were perscribed a medicine that i shoud be taking it, I tried to explain about my CH cycle, I think she was just blowing me off... I asked to have the Dr call me and she said she will try to have her call, but they are really busy.  

I'm still holding off in the Lithuim, I'll just deal for a few more days, i really think the BEAST is getting ready for Vacation... I hope....  

Thanks & PFDAN's to ALL !!!!
Charlie
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 11:39am »

Hang in there Charlie!!!
IP Logged

Space in-between them
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 12:50pm »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 11:21am, jcmquix wrote:
Hi all ...

Called the Nero Dr and the Nurse (???) says that if you were perscribed a medicine that i shoud be taking it, I tried to explain about my CH cycle, I think she was just blowing me off... I asked to have the Dr call me and she said she will try to have her call, but they are really busy.  

Charlie..
Don't let them push you around....the docs work for YOU. "they are really busy"....aren't we all? YOUR time is just as valuable as theirs....and it's that doctor's job to return your call.  

If they don't return your call within a decent amount of time do not wait until the end of the day...call them back again. Specificaly state you need to speak to the doctor.

tons of PF's for you!
-lionsound
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 1:03pm »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 12:50pm, lionsound wrote:

Charlie..
Don't let them push you around....the docs work for YOU. "they are really busy"....aren't we all? YOUR time is just as valuable as theirs....and it's that doctor's job to return your call.  

If they don't return your call within a decent amount of time do not wait until the end of the day...call them back again. Specificaly state you need to speak to the doctor.

tons of PF's for you!
-lionsound

Man, that kind of thing burns me up. So I tend to get a little aggressive.

"I appreciate the fact that they are busy, and understand that ALL to well. I am also a very busy person who is dealing with an incredibly pain filled condition and my quality of life is suffering each minute that i don't get my issues resolved with them. So, I would like to hold please....."
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 1:05pm »

on Aug 11th, 2005, 11:21am, jcmquix wrote:

Yea, I called them back and thats what the Dr said to start the Lithuim, take 300mg for 3 days at night, then If I need to step up to 300mg 2x a day.... I might start it tonight.... I'll see how it goes once I get home and settle down.... I have not used any TREX in almost 10 days... Thats what I am trying to do, is quit using it unless I feel a bad hit coming on.  

I am just using the O2. I just wish when the O2 chases the Beast away, he would take a nap.... I am going to try staying on the O2 Longer...  

The O2 dries my Head and Throat out so much, I need one of those bottles, that puts the moister in the O2, I am gonna call the O2 Place in the AM and see if she has one...  

Thanks & PFDAN's to ALL !!!!
Charlie
IP Logged

bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 3:19pm »

Hi Charlie,

I have had a similar experience. I had hits coming on both sides to begin with. Then in March they completely died down. Only I started to shadow all day every day on the right side only. OK, maybe a few times on the left. Since I have only had these things for about 2 years I don't know my cycle. I thought maybe it was going to end. But it hasn't. I have hard shadows since March. And I am hit less often.  

I went in the hospital for the DHE hoping it would break it up, but it didn't. I started Lithium not long ago. First 2 days were hell. Then 4 days PF. Then shadows again. Overall they are not as severe. Hope it works out for you. Best wishes!

Brandi
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 3:44pm »

you can make a bubbler out of a mayo container  Grin

or ya can order one

http://www2.mooremedical.com/index.cfm?PG=CTL&CS=MIC&FN=ProductD etail&PID=676

a Buck and change Wink

Back to the ping pong......Dr. Rozen in Dallas mentioned thatthere is talk about adding a Ping Pong Cluster to the IHS......you are not alone my friend
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

39601840 39601840   kiwiinoz57  
Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 4:09pm »

Hey Charlie, almost exactly the same thing has been happening to me. Sides swapping and not quite bad enough for the shots. This may sound odd but it was suggested I try 2 500mg Asprin tablets, 2 hourly for these shadows. I have a few times and they haven't got any worse but as usual dunno if it's the pills or they wouldn't have got worse anyway.
The most annoying thing is that it's been organized for me to try the oxygen at the hospital, so of course I haven't had any CH's really bad enough to go.
Hang in there mate, don't let the buggers get you down.
Cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

We are here for a good time not a long time. Time then to think outside the square and to give and get the best possibles of love and life.
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 9:46pm »

Hi All...

Thanks for the info Eric... I'll check on it in the AM...

I also want to Thank Everyone for their Support, I know this too shall Pass.... I got somewhat of a break this afternoon, but I can feel something Lurking in there... The worst part has been at night, waking up and not really having the hits, just feeling this thing run from side to side.... I upped the Melatonin to 12mg and kept the Benadryl 50mg.. to see if I can sleep through the night.

Well its off to bed soon... night All...  

PFDAN's to All !!
Charlie

IP Logged

jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 15th, 2005, 11:22am »

Hi All..

Well I had 2 Good days and 2 Bad days.... can't complain, even though I am still going through the old Flip-Flop, Ping Pong thing.. they are not too bad, as I said they are more nerve racking than anything, but If I take an Ultram 50mg, seems to just make it a light shadow... Still getting through the night with 9mg Melatonin & 50mg Bynadryl, if I get 2 weeks without any hits, I am going to taper of the Melatonin and see how it goes...

I have decided to just ride out and see what happen in the next 2 weeks, I am NOT going to start the Lithuim...I see the Nero Dr next monday 8/22....  

I think I am just going to use the PF time to STOCK up on all the meds and just be ready if I do get my usual cycle in Dec to Feb.. (Praying that I don't)...

PFDAN's to All..
Charlie

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005, 11:24am by jcmquix » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss