Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 10:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dave is in cycle.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dave is in cycle....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dave is in cycle....  (Read 804 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Dave is in cycle....
« on: Aug 12th, 2005, 11:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My text book case hubby.... is in cycle.... I say text book because thats what his old Neuro used to call him..... He gets a cycle.... not a chronic.... and not seasonal... His body knows that every 2 and a half to three years that it has to torture this poor soul and it seems so unfair to me.  
  I know I sound selfish.  You may think "shit why is he so damn special"???  Im gonna tell you why.  
  Here is a guy who never gets a break.  A guy who works 3 jobs to make ends meet.  He works for the Post Office which we all know isn't an easy job.  Over the past year or more, since he got hurt at work, he has had 2 major surgeries on his shoulder. Those surgeries were last July and this July....He recuperated during his vacation both years, so as not to take any extra time off. Though its a workers comp case. he is working light duty rather than stress me out with 70% of his pay and waiting for the checks from week to week.  He is just that kind of a guy...  "On the side" he does mechanic work, word of mouth and saves so many neighbors and friends a ton of money.  He works very cheap but lives on the smiles he gets from the people he helps.  Sometimes our neighbors show up on Sundays even to get him to check a noise or whatever and he is always out the door as soon as he can gets his shoes on.  Sometimes he works outside on the concrete... Sometimes in the rain or snow.  Lately he has had to sub contract his work out to be sure it gets done and still for alot cheaper than most mechanics get, due to the injury to his shoulder.  His third job that he loves is selling cars.  What they call him is a "bird dog". If you tell him what kind of car/cars you want.... color and price range..  he goes out and within the dealers that he knows and the local auctions he can usually come up with what your looking for.  Sometimes he will look for days only to find out that the person went and bought a car on their own.  It totally wastes his time of course but he is so happy to do it.  He loves to sell cars.  I always tell him he should sell Porsche's.... he would be so good at it...If he did he could dress up and finally make the money he so readily deserves.... but nope he likes to be his own boss.
 Dave also cares for his elderly Mom.... If you saw Dave his exterior would tell you other wise.... but yep this rough diamond makes sure his elderly Mom with Alzheimers stays out of a Nursing home.  He gets her meds.... calls her everyday to be sure she takes them.  He wakes her up for Elder Health Care (Day care for old people) and takes her to the doctor all the time.  He has other siblings that barely help him but he sucks that up and knows his days are numbered with her.  Besides her he has also aided me in caring for my parents.  He also is a grand bragging step father to my kids.... He brags about my kids so bad it embarrasses me.  They aren't his boys though he will talk about them and call them "MY SONS". He also puts up with my bitching. We live in a "fixer upper" and he's constantly working on our house... vacuuming our above ground pool or fixing something... recently he took a day off to go down and change a pipe that blew under my Mothers sink.... and he was happy to do it...  
Back to the CH Cycle He has been getting hit every night at around 2 AM... the first night 2:11 the second night 2:30 the third 2:00 again... and then last night he was spared for some strange reason.. I think the Neurontin kicked in..... But he still woke up because he suffers from acid reflux disease...  
  Dave is a handsome guy on the outside... sometimes quick with his temper but I understand him like no one else...  I hate for him to suffer with these dibilitating headaches... We are between Neuros right now...  He went to see his doctor today and the doc said... YOU CAN'T TAKE ALL THIS STUFF... YOU HAVE TO SEE A NEURO... as Dave calmly explained to him that he won't take any of it unless he needs it and he will first take the O2... I know this is long... Please send him some vibes and prayers... say a Novena whatever you can do.  Please.... and know though I shoot my mouth off and "FRET" sometimes... I also show alot of support to those here during the course of the time we are not in cycle... Please, we do go through this too.  Show us some kindness while we suffer on through this fight with the beast... Love to you all and have a great weekend.... Ree  
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2005, 12:02am by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

Re: Dave is in cycle....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2005, 11:58pm »

Ree, darling, you are one of the greatest supporters here.  Dave is in good hands.  I am sorry he is back in cycle.

I am sending vibes and putting him in my prayers.

Kick ass, girl!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 12:04am »

Hi Ree..

Sorry Dave is going through this right Now....  

I hope he gets some Pain Free Time Soon, for the Both of You.

hughughug

Me and Sassy_Lady will be Thinking & Praying for Dave & You & Your Family...  

Thank You for supporting Dave & all of US CHer's in these difficult times, you are truly a HERO to US Suffer'ers !!!!

hughughug

PFDAN's to Dave
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 12:12am »

Ree....

You KNOW you and Dave are in our thoughts and wishes....lighting a candle now for the two of you....

Stay strong, Ree you are a great support.  

Love,  

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 12:32am »

thanks so much God bless you all and good night.... love ree and dave....
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 4:20am »

Ree, you guys are part of this family and you deserve all the support you can get.

Just know that we all hate it when one of us suffer and that includes you as you are one of us!

People might not always reply but they do read and although they don't reply, you and your family means enough to us all to pray for you and think of you during this time.  

The wonderful thing about this family is that you never have to ask for them to give.  You are a shining example of that!  

Just wanted to say:
"You are very special and we care."

hug

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 4:42am »

Oh Ree all the prayers and vibes I can send are on the way for you and Dave, the both of you need them! I hope this is a short cycle and I hope the meds kick in quick for Dave. I know you were interested in the kudzu a while back, did you look any further into that? It's worked well for a lot of people.
I just hope you find what Dave needs, in the meantime, you have all the support from here you can handle! You've given more than we can ever give you  hug
We all love you so much
Helen X X X
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 7:06am »

Many hugs!!!

May it be a brief one!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #8 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 8:13am »

hug

PF's for you Dave and Ree!

IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 9:27am »

Ree

So sorry to hear about Dave.  Vibes and hugs are on the way, as well as prayers that his cycle is short and sweet!

Take care of yourself too!  We need you around here.

Hugs    

hug hug hug

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 9:47am »

take good care of him Ree
he's in good hands
CHin up DAVE!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 11:14am »

hug  To a great supporter Ree.  You are wonderful.

hugTo Dave a fellow suffer.  Sorry that you have to be going through this.  Know that you are not alone especially with Ree (and all of us at your side).  Take care.  PF wishes and vibes..................Kim
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2005, 11:15am by KMT » IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 12:05pm »

TEXAS SIZE VIBES TO DAVE

Hang in there, Ree.

Love,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 12:08pm »

PF's for you Dave and Ree!
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 15th, 2005, 2:22pm »

aw, Ree - I'm so sorry to hear this.  Why is it always the good guys, huh?  Sounds like he and Mike are twins separated at birth.  Mike's the kind of guy that goes above and beyond the call of duty and damn near kills himself in the process of helping others, too.  

Listen, sweetie, we think (we pray) that Mike is finished this cycle finally after 8 looooooong months, so hopefully we're out of the woods now.  So, you see, I'm still in full out supporter mode, all this supporter energy still bubbling up and batteries fully charged here.  So if you feel you're running out of rope, you know how to find me, darlin.  

Stay strong, hunker down and go to battle for Dave.  You KNOW you have superior supporting skills, Ree, and you KNOW you know how to do this.  Yes, it sucks that we have this knowledge, but...you know?  Thank God we do.  Dave's a lucky man to have you in his corner.  Send him our best and that we're pulling for him.

Hugs, love, and prayers going up.
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 15th, 2005, 2:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

goodluck to Dave. Hopefully his cycle will be over quickly.

UNsolved
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 12:43pm »

Well, crap..... But like Chuck said: He's in good hands. You're a hell of a supporter, Ree. I hope his cycle is brief, and with a minimum of hits, duration, and pain-levels. Keepya' chin up. hug
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #17 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 1:26pm »

Damm, I hate hearing this Cry Big hugs and prayers on over to you both...

Andrea
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #18 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 1:56pm »

Aw, Ree...I was hoping it would leave Dave alone permanently.  Sad  You have the kudzu recipe... has he tried it yet?  hugs and pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 6:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It sounds like he gets all the vibes he needs from you Ree. Your a great supporter and I know what CH does to you too. Stay strong..............................
Matt
IP Logged
cher1
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #20 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 6:04pm »

hi ree n dave, its cher here. Its a flippin mystery that`s what it is, i still cant get my head around it,  The chronics among us, blimey, i dont know how they cope, and the episodics, you could set your clock by them.  I still dont understand, that after 16 17 years, mine stopped, 3 years without, i`m not complaining, but how wierd, they stopped as quick as they started.  I just know that we must be one set of tough cookies and in my mind a whole bunch of wonderful peeps.  

Kiss love you all

cher x
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 6:15pm »

With that resume Ill fuck him.....LMAO Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Salvelinus
New Board Junior
USA 

With Him, all things are possible. ><>

« Reply #22 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 8:01pm »

Dave sounds like a great guy.  Tell him to hang in there, and you, too, Ree.  I think that the start of a cycle is the hardest part.  After the shock, and remembering again how bad it can be, you kind of get in a rhythm, you know?  Man, I hate that rhythm. . . .  

For all of us clusterheads out there, THANK YOU for being such a good supporter.  I could never live without mine.  I hope this is a short cycle for him.

Please know that you, Dave, and everyone else here are in my prayers. . . . Smiley

Namaste,
--Scott
IP Logged

Namaste,
--Scott ><>

"When no one else knows how I feel,
You run to me, with outstretched hands,
and you hold me in your arms.
Again."
--Building 429
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 8:07pm »

These damned cycles - like a clock, but we still never think they'll actually come around the next time.

Hang in there Dave - it WILL be over.  Take care of him and you too, Ree.

Many Hugs and PF Wishes,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 9:30am »

on Aug 18th, 2005, 8:01pm, Salvelinus wrote:
Man, I hate that rhythm. . . .

Yeah.... But damn, clusterheads sure know how to dance, huh?  
 laugh Cry
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss