Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster or not? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster or not?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster or not?  (Read 337 times)
Elena
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Cluster or not?
« on: Aug 19th, 2005, 7:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey,

I've just got back from the Dr's with an Imigran prescription and an info leaflet on Cluster Headaches, after explaining what happened to me last night.

I was bending forward, hoovering and my left eye started to pulsate, throb, the lid half closed and the eye started watering, went red and I got a pressure ache behind the eye. There is still a pressure ache there now 15 hours later, but I slept OK.  

I've been having a read through some other newbie experiences and am not sure that my diagnosis fits the bill. Did anyone else's cluster experiences start like this?  

Thanks

Elly
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: Cluster or not?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 8:04am »

Hi Elly,  

I don't remember my first cluster becuase it happened when I was small. there is a cluster quiz link over on thethe bar to the left you can try , but wiht only one HA so far that may not be helpful.  

What I would suggest is to write down in a journal the date, time, duration, meds taken, intensity of pain, and any physical characteristics of your HA even if its a  a pressure ache as you describe.

with only one HA I understand your reluctance, and rightfully so, to say its clusters. I have a feeling that your HA's true identity CH or not will reveal itself sooner than later.

Hold on to that imigran.. you may find it useful.  

here is a link to OUCH UK...loaded with great and helpful info too www.ouchuk.org

Have you had headaches before? Did you see a neurologist? that might be a good idea to rule other things out if this is new to you.

Hang around here and chat with us and we can try to help you figure this out  Smiley

be well and Pain free!,
lionsound
IP Logged
Elena
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 10:39am »

Thanks Lionsound,

I've never suffered head aches before, this is completely out of the blue so my diagnosis was by a regular G.P...

I've started that journal, thanks, and I have the Imigran in my purse! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here. Undecided

It was great to hear from you.  Smiley Thanks.
Elly
IP Logged
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 11:04am »

Elly,
Did you have any visual disturbances in the eye that was affected?  If not, that's a good sign (bad depending on how you look at it). The biggest piece of advice I could give you is find a good neurologist to check you out and make sure there is nothing else wrong and the pressure is in fact related to headaches. Like Lionsound said, make sure you keep a journal of all symptoms as they occur.  What type of Imigran did the Dr prescribe?, tabs, nasal spray or injections?  As I said, make sure you find a good neuro that can diagnose headaches and differentiate them for other possible causes of your eye pressure.  Welcome to the board.
Ben
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 11:06am »

sounds like it's too early to tell.
It gets the name Cluster HeadaCHes because of the grouping or 'clustering' of attacks.

I've had thousands, or tens of thousands (I try NOT to remember) of these things and they fit a pattern.

It's hard to tell from just one or two 'headaCHes'.

fingers crossed for you that they AREN'T CH.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 5:34pm »

I agree with vig...too early to tell.  My husband has had some doozy migraines, but it's just the headache and gone.  He too will sort of have an ache afterward.

His don't ever go into a pattern though, so not a cluster, even though it does all the one side of the head stuff. Read up on everything, and be informed!  It really helps.
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 8:58pm »

on Aug 19th, 2005, 10:39am, Elena wrote:
Thanks Lionsound,

I've never suffered head aches before, this is completely out of the blue so my diagnosis was by a regular G.P...

I've started that journal, thanks, and I have the Imigran in my purse! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens from here. Undecided

It was great to hear from you.  Smiley Thanks.
Elly

You are very welcome, Elly Smiley

Ask more questions if you need to.
Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.
-lionsound

IP Logged
Salvelinus
New Board Junior
USA 

With Him, all things are possible. ><>

« Reply #7 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 5:00pm »

Elena, I agree with the others that you should see a neurologist.  There are so many things that can cause a headache, and some need to be caught early.  I'd be leery of a CH diagnosis after one headache.  CH isn't life threatening, but some headaches can be.

Here's hoping and praying that you've had your last headache like that!

Namaste,
--Scott
IP Logged

Namaste,
--Scott ><>

"When no one else knows how I feel,
You run to me, with outstretched hands,
and you hold me in your arms.
Again."
--Building 429
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss