Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « still getting those snaps here and there »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   still getting those snaps here and there
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: still getting those snaps here and there  (Read 195 times)
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

still getting those snaps here and there
« on: Aug 21st, 2005, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

for the most part i would say im still pf but i keep getting theses snap things or so ive been told thats what they are called they range from a k1 to a k4 they are very short , well except for one the other day it lasted 2 hours but i think that was cause i got stupid and had beer or two i should know better  but as i said i had a stupid moment .
they are simply very annoying and they cause me to get nervouse its like i keep waiting for it to explode and ramp up but they never do , the beast wants me to know hes alive and well .
i was thinking of trying neurontin to control them , i had by chance gone to the er for something elese two weeks ago and the doctor that saw me noticed i had a history of ch nad told me he to suffered from ch wich makes him the first suffer ive met in person , hes episotic as well we ended up talking for a while and he uses neurontin to control snaps and has had alot of succses with it so im thinking im gonna give it a whirl he gave me his # if i decided i wanted to try it . ive read if you go on it you should stay on it and  cold turkey stoping it can be unhealthy . has anyone tried this med yet and did it help with ch.
best wishes to everyone of my brothers and sisters here and i hope you are all in good health.

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: still getting those snaps here and there
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 10:45am »

Neurontin was one of the first meds I had tried and it did nothing for me but YMMV...

as with all meds what works for one doesn't always work for another...
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: still getting those snaps here and there
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2005, 10:48am »

I used Neurontin for years, eric. At first, I really beleived it helped to "dull" my CH by keeping the hits at a low kip. The longer I used it, the more I needed. By 6 months ago I was taking 1800 mgs a day, along with lithium and verap, and not getting much relief at all.  
I'm pretty sure it can interfere with CB, so if you're still wanting to go that route, Neurontin isn't a good idea. And yes, you have to taper up and down.  
Are you maintenance dosing with LSA?  
hugs and be well, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss