Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 12:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Well, I am always looking for new experiences.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Well, I am always looking for new experiences....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Well, I am always looking for new experiences....  (Read 402 times)
Beast_Killer

Email

Well, I am always looking for new experiences....
« on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 4:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

sleep<-- I wish that was me.  Haven't slept since friday (4 hours).

Starting to feel really dopey.  Been reading the site for like seven hours now... taking notes, had to take a break and pace off a hit for about 15 minutes 4 hours ago.  I was hoping that the maxalt I took would last for 7 hours, but I feel it coming back now.  Just gonna take the last one, walk a mile or so, and hope it lasts till the pharmacy opens.  When I run out of money, I am sure I have some stuff I can pawn... Maybe I'll try and sleep if the last maxalt kicks in.  I may have waited too long this time.

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the website.  24 hours ago I was waging all-out war with a K10 and didn't even know what I was up against.  Now that I know, that sum'bitch is in for serious chit.

I'll try and actually contribute something other than bitchin as soon as I can sit still again.

On the upside I think I am getting plenty of exercise now, what with walking 4-7 hours a night laugh

well, off to the races...
Peace.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Well, I am always looking for new experiences.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 5:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey B_K,
You're not signed in at this moment. Hope that means you got to sleep and are still there.
Welcome to the board. You have a lot of reading to do. Better get started soon. There will be a test later.  Grin
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Beast_Killer

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2005, 9:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well I did manage to get a few hours of sleep.  But as the beast woke me up about 45 minutes ago I came up with new name for him that suits me better than "cluster headache."

I now call him Severe Chronic/Episodic Unilateral Head Torture Syndrome -- SCEUHTS for short (pronounced like 'shoots' I guess)

The next time someone scoffs and asks me what my problem is, I'm going to tell them I suffer from "sever chronic/episodic unilateral head torture syndrome" and see what they have to say about that.  If one more person tells me about their migraines or tells me to suck it up or says "yeah I have a headache too..." I'm going to ask them what part of 'torture' is it that they don't understand.

Ugh, all the water I just drank is giving me a stomach ache.  I think I'll go lay down again... no wait, I have to get to pharmacy while I still have a chance.  Gotta get some of that melatonin and call the Doc about getting some O2 ASAP and looking into preventatives.  Gotta deposit a check so I can afford all this stuff.

I'll let ya'll know how the O2 works for me.  I know one thing, no way I can afford 4-5 $20 each Maxalt a day.  I won't be overwhelmed...I won't be overwhelmed..I won't be...

Here's to PFDAN's.  Stop the torture!  Kill the beast!
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #3 on: Sep 3rd, 2005, 11:28pm »

Hey, just wondering how its going with you?  Did you get O2?  Any other preventatives?  Hang in there, keep in touch with us and get as much info as you can ffrom this site.  It's not only a life-saver, it saved my sanity.
PFDAN
Kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 8:53am »

Beast-Killer

Sorry you have a reason to have to seek us out but glad that you did find us.  

Hope you were able to get O2 that will be a big help.  I rely on it constantly.

I know what you mean by another person telling you about their headache or migraines.  I get it all the time.  I gave up trying to tell them some saw an attack and that is what gave them the up&up.

PFDAN......................................Kim
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
hm54
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 2:24pm »

If you added Intractable " Severe Chronic/Episodic Intractable Unilateral Head Torture Syndrome --SCEIUHTS for short, you could then pronounce it shits.  

I'm sure you'll never hear "yea, I have the shits too" LOL
IP Logged
Mike_F
New Board Newbie
USA 

Cluster what?

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 11:31pm »

O Well, the jig is up.... yes, Mike F was Beast Killer at the start.  I decided that that post was too arrogant and deleted that user... that's why it says guest now.  In fact, when I first posted here I was just trying to stay alive.  I thought I was unique in a very bad way, but I found out I was just like the rest of you -- trying not to beat my brains out.

In between, I felt like God was spanking me hardcore so I decided to try and listen.

When I was a young man in college, I ate a lot of acid and mushrooms.  They made me feel freaky and we (me and my friends at the time) had a lot of laughs.  We used to sit around the campfire and joke about what a cool trip it was or just goof off until we finally fell asleep.

I cried hardcore the first time I felt Kip10.  I frantically swept and mopped out my apartment, thinking that I had ruined my health for good by not sweeping enough.  But the second time I really thought I wanted to die.

The next day my mom called me and told me about this site.  Unfortunately, she had gotten to witness the second Kip10 the night before.  I was talking to her earlier tonight on the phone and she finally told me how scared she was.  I had called her at 9 am as the K10 started to come back after only one hour's rest... I know now that I was at the peak of my cycle.  I had balked at the $200 price tag for 10 Maxalt tabs and the kip10 pounced on me with no meds... not even an 8 hour Tylenol to lend me some placebo effect...  

(hehe...placebo effect)

Now, of course, I can see the whole thing in slow motion.... the build-up of headaches... the build up in intensity... my inability to cope with my friends as the ha's hit me... my friends' disbelief and derision at my 'girlishness' (flame away, ladies, hehe)... my frantic attempts to treat the pain and all of the ensuing theories.... brain tumor...  cascading anurisms... lol... i can laugh now at least.

I haven't had a "real headache" in a week, but every single day I wonder what each one of you is going through -- especially the chronics -- and Dave -- and I pray for you and sometimes I cry out of frustration now...

Here in Houston we are busting at the seams with hurricane evacuees and I think that the total destruction of New Orleans is the only thing that could have distracted me from these thoughts.

And you know what the first thing I thought when I saw the horrorific scenes on TV?

I thought, "God, I hope none of them has CH."

Someone email me and tell me when the next CH.com convention is... I need to meet some of you guys.

...and as for the frozen banana... well, you know.

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2005, 12:40pm by Mike_F » IP Logged

"As for the frozen banana... when in doubt, whip it out!" --- Excerpt from the controversial 'Frozen Banana' debate.
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 6th, 2005, 8:06am »

Hi Mike I dont know when or where next convention is but in Jan 06 it will be the 3rd DavCon meet and greet at Davenport , Iowa. If you go to the meeting and gathering posts lower on message board you can get info on time and place. I only live 6 blocks from hotel and have meet some very wonderful people. Hope to see you then Terry
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss