Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 12:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What to do, what to do??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What to do, what to do???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What to do, what to do???  (Read 286 times)
kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

What to do, what to do???
« on: Sep 8th, 2005, 3:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, here's my problem... My clusters have reached epic proportions...gone from the usual nighttime K 10s to all over the place...6 am, 10 am, afternoon.  Went to the ER the other night and my BP was 199/ 110.  I'm afraid I'm going to stroke out over these.
Anyway, one of my sons lives in San Antonio (I'm in Kansas) and has a pregnant wife.  He feels "called" to assist with the disaster relief and his wife wants him to go but they live in the boonies and she's nervous about being alone.  I want very badly to go stay with her and she wants me to (her own mother is a nutcase) but I am sooooo afraid of what the stress of travel, climate change, etc. are going to do.  I have an appointment with my PC tomorrow to discuss options to get me through the two weeks I'd be there.  Does anyone have any ideas?  My neuro is worthless and my PC is wonderful but limited in knowledge about clusters.  ANy input would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Kim
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: What to do, what to do???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 3:53pm »

Ya never know....the "stress" might give ya a break.

Sometimes throwing a curveball can help.

Go help out with your son/daughter/grandkid to be.

If it is gonna happen it is going to happen and if they are comfortable with you and you are comfortable with you then you should do what you would do if ya didnt have CH.

I would do it but that's me.

Be strong  Smiley
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 3:54pm »

Kim, I'm so sorry you're going through this. But look at the bright side (there's always one, right?!?). Can it get worse if you go to San Antonio? Maybe a change of scenery is just what you need to put your cycle back to "normal". Sounds strange, I know, but it's just  a thought....

Stress has always helped me in keeping CHs away. The more relaxed I get, the harder and more often I get hit....  

PF vibes are headed your way from S. Florida....
IP Logged
Backsida
New Board Newbie
Hong_Kong 

I love Linux

« Reply #3 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 6:48pm »

on Sep 8th, 2005, 3:54pm, marlinsfan wrote:

Stress has always helped me in keeping CHs away. The more relaxed I get, the harder and more often I get hit....  

Hi,
yes, that's with me the same, as more stress as les CH, but after the stress is over and I'm going to relaxing it hit me sometimes.
And traveling mostly break the cycle.

HTH Back.
IP Logged

I sit and talk to god
and he just laughs about planing
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:59pm »

on Sep 8th, 2005, 3:11pm, kimmeesue wrote:
Ok, here's my problem... My clusters have reached epic proportions...So sorry to hear that
 I want very badly to go stay with her and she wants me to You are a lucky lady to have that kind of relationship with her.

I vote that you go.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 12:09pm »

I agree. Go. I've noticed that sometimes ch lets me be alone when there's something else needing my attention. Who knows, it might work for you as well! Smiley

Good luck! Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 12:17pm »

I am so sorry that you are getting hit so hard.

As long as your daughter in law is aware of your CH, and knows (or will learn) to leave you alone when you get hit, I vote go.  

If she doesn't know about them and sees you getting hit hard, it will stress HER out, and she doesn't need that in her pregnant state, plus her husband doing God Knows What in a disaster area.  In this case, I would recommend a nice, long telephone conversation where you lay it all out for her so she's aware of what could happen and would not be in for an unpleasant surprise.  If that is OK, I still vote GO!

Sandy

IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 2:49pm »

I have done a lot of traveling by air and road.  1 - 3 week trips non effected my ch any.  It just kept doing what it wanted to do.  Except for when I was in Arizona dwadaling throught the indian reservations.  Heat is a trigger for me and makes the pain more intense and more freequent.  I ended up in the ER 2x before we made it out and I was misserable the whole time.  Would I do it again yes,  the sites were beautiful to see exspecially monument valley and it was a speical place to be.  You will not regret going to be with your daughter in law.  just make sure you have enough meds to cover you.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 6:36pm »

on Sep 9th, 2005, 2:49pm, Karla wrote:
dwadaling

LMAO!  laugh Thanks Karla, I needed that.
Haven't heard of anyone that dwadaled for a long time. It used to be quite common for folks to dwadal. Glad to hear you tried it.  Roll Eyes

You do know, of course, dwadaling was invented in Vegas.  Wink
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss