Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « In a rut »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   In a rut
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: In a rut  (Read 277 times)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

In a rut
« on: Oct 13th, 2005, 5:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not wanting to complain again just need help getting out of this rut. Been really hesitant to type this message because all I have done lately is complain.  I'm ready to be me again is that possible.
 Its been 7days this beast has been considerably worse never truley has gone away.  Yesturday I had reached my limit the shadow was so severe that I just want to die I had 2-3 hits yesturday O2 not working the last two days and have had to dose with Trex I have tried 2mg dosing and have had go for another 2mg because that didn't help.  Yesturday had to do 4mg as well.  Today getting the same pain that I started out yesturday with.  Things wouldn't be so bad but today I go to clinicals and will be caring for a sick baby and won't have time for this crap.
  Some times I don't even think it is all the pain but more the school and running away to take a shot and so on.  I am embarrassed of myself.  Also feeling really depressed these days and irritable from the whole thing.
  Today I will go in and put on my fake smile and all will be ok when it comes to others.
I take Verap. 120mg at night.  What next can anyone give me some advice?  Not yet willing to try the morning glories or shrooms sorry but I can't.  I am glad for you that get relief but it just isn't for me.

I know that I am not alone here and many feel the same if not worse.  I pray for you all and send out vibes to you as well.

Ok I have done it again sorry sorry sorry.  Kim
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

Re: In a rut
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 5:13am »

I don't know if you have tried the Melatonin... but it even seemed to help reduce my daytime hits, when I took it at night before bed.

I thought it was just worth a try...  

Hope you get some PF time soon

In my Thought's & Prayer's

God Bless Ya & PFDAN's
Charlie
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 5:17am »

Know exactly how you feel, mate.  Just the sheer bloody frustration.

Try putting a little badge on your shirt - "This smile is a recording".
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 5:19am »

Quote:
Posted by: jcmquix Posted on: Today at 4:13am  
I don't know if you have tried the Melatonin  
Been taking that a lot lately just to sleep at night with the Verap.  Not really helping for the day time stuff.   Undecided Cry  But thanks for trying.  Kim
IP Logged

KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 5:23am »

Posted by: AussieBrian Quote:
Try putting a little badge on your shirt - "This smile is a recording".

I like that one.
 So hard for me not to smile for my patients each needing that caring look in their nurses eye you know.  
IP Logged

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 6:09am »

Kim, you are, even in your condition a great supporter to me.

There is nothing wrong with venting here as it gets a bit of the stuff that you can't say at home/work of your chest.

And we listen and we understand.

Quote:
Some times I don't even think it is all the pain but more the school and running away to take a shot and so on.  I am embarrassed of myself.  Also feeling really depressed these days and irritable from the whole thing.

This is just the normal self-doubt we go through because of the frustration, guilt, pain, depression and tiredness.  You don't have to be embarassed.  I can tell you most of us go through this, if not all.

Stop saying sorry, we are family.

Vibes to you and a big bear hug. hug

Cliché I know but very true:
"I feel your pain girl" Grin

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 7:35am »

Kim, so sorry you're hurting. I'm one of the lucky ones who gets relief from caffeine. Have you tried that? Starbucks Espresso Shots (in a can, you drink it cold/room temp) work very weel for me. Red bull does not cause of the citric acid in it.

I drink it at the first sign of a daytime hit if I'm not near my O2. If after 5-7 mins that doesn't work, I reach for trex, but it most always works for me.

And Jas is right, you've supported me (and many others) plenty here, so let us help you, OK?

PF wishes.
Jose
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 7:39am »

Kim, 120 mgs of verap is not enough for CH. Most take upwards of 480 mgs a day. The melatonin will help night hits and perhaps you could sip on Red Bull or strong coffee for shadows.
PF wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #8 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 7:56am »

Quote:
Kim, 120 mgs of verap is not enough for CH. Most take upwards of 480 mgs a day.

I was thinking the same thing Kim.  Have you spoken to your doctor?  Perhaps he needs to adjust the dosage on the Verap.

Hope today is better day luv.

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 8:10am »

Kim,

Sorry to hear you're feeling badly. The heads are bad enough, but the "life" part gets hard in the throws of it all. I find that my only way out of the deep down doldrums is to force myself to do a few "good" things for me. Last bad cycle, it was just some good old fashioned ice cream (no fat free, no low-carb crap, just the good stuff). Not a binge mind you, but just enough to just relax with something real for a few minutes that didn't remind me of how shitty I felt things were going. Last so-so cycle it was trying to schedule a couple things that I would do that made me feel as though my life was still going on normally, if only for an hour. (of course had to plan an out if the beast came knocking). You gotta take care of yourself, your mind and spirit as well to fight the beast effectively.  

good luck and pain free wishes to you.

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
lonedog
New Board Newbie
Canada 

The clock is my worst enemy & best friend

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 8:15am »

HI KIM,

Two weeks ago I had infusions of DHE after being in a session since June 5th. I have had these things for about 40yrs and this really worked. I have not even had a shadow since. The site doesn't give much info on DHE but my DR. researched it and recommended I try the treatment. It does'nt take much time and they are completely gone. If you are interested send me an email and I will give you the whole procedure rather than clutter up the site. GOOD LUCK...VERN
IP Logged
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 4:36pm »

Posted by: nani Quote:
Kim, 120 mgs of verap is not enough for CH.
 Have a doctors appt. here in the next few weeks will look into and increase on the Verap.  Hope this helps.

Quote:
Posted by: marlinsfan Posted on: Today at 6:35am  
Kim, so sorry you're hurting. I'm one of the lucky ones who gets relief from caffeine. Have you tried that? Starbucks Espresso Shots (in a can, you drink it cold/room temp) work very well for me.
 In most cases this caffeine works for me as well coffee of  
course but the last 4-5 days haven't helped much at all.  That is why the rut.

Posted by: seasonalboomer Posted on: Today at 7:10am Quote:
I find that my only way out of the deep down doldrums is to force myself to do a few "good" things for me.
 Monday and Tuesday Movies.  Tuesday day off.  

Thanks for some great advise will continue to try them all and try a new order on the Verap.  Thanks again for all the replies... hug

PFDAN.......Kim
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss