Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus  (Read 1210 times)
rextangle

Email

Re: Clusters, Bipolar and Hypothalmus
« Reply #25 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 6:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have a feeling nobody takes you seriously here.
2 of your posts have "BOGUS" written all over it.
The mace and taser gun thing and this thread which you started with "Lets see who jumps up for this one".

WTF is your goal exactly?

Just wondering.

Rex

Edited to add:

This might be the board you're looking for.

http://www.psychforums.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=123&sid=f93b6c9135 bb4c62400b7af107eb3b99
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2005, 6:07pm by rextangle » IP Logged
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Better living through oxygen!

« Reply #26 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Rex, Rex, Rex, are you having a CH day?  Do you really think I got hit with the taser?  As I said in another post it wasn't the taser, it was when the police clubbed me that my CH went away.  So, relax.  Learn to laugh at yourself cause everyone else is.  Life isn't that serious.

However, the hypothalmus/CH/Bipolar connection is worth discussion and investigation.  A promising area for future research and relief.  What are your thoughts?

P.S:  In regard to your comment that "2 of your posts have "BOGUS" written all over it" I don't think that is accurate and it is certainly unfair.  I think the number is much higher.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2005, 9:09pm by Spike_Inmyeye » IP Logged

"If you can treat it over-the-counter it isn't a headache"
rextangle

Email

« Reply #27 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 9:16pm »

Spike,

Usually when people get here, they kind of introduce themselves, talk about CH (that's a new concept) and tell what has worked for them, not work, etc....

If you really think that I don't laugh at myself, you're obviously new here. Ask around!

Quote:

However, the hypothalmus/CH/Bipolar connection is worth discussion and investigation

That I do take seriously, however I can't help you in that department. It is not my case.

And if you want to make a funny post (i.e. police brutality) please do it in the General Posts area.

That's all, back to you for the Hollywood minute.

Rex
IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Docs didn't design the machine they're working on

Email

« Reply #28 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 2:43am »

The follwong was published recently in Cephalagia the official mouthpiece of the International Headache Society of which Professor Goadsby is a life time member. Vol 22 1st Edition 2005, Feb  

"The study conducted across a sample of 247 male and female subjects between the ages of 15 and 65 revealed that all clusterheads are fuggen pibolar, including and especially Rex"

IP Logged

Bedside manner is no substitute for a correct diagnosis - Bill Gates
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 3:42am »

on Nov 3rd, 2005, 2:43am, dannyboy wrote:
The follwong was published recently in Cephalagia the official mouthpiece of the International Headache Society of which Professor Goadsby is a life time member. Vol 22 1st Edition 2005, Feb  

"The study conducted across a sample of 247 male and female subjects between the ages of 15 and 65 revealed that all clusterheads are fuggen pibolar, including and especially Rex"

At last - a post that makes sense. Wink

As for Spike, don't feed the trolls folks! I think he is a pretty inept one so not worth an all out flaming but he's a troll none the less.. don't worry, he should be back in his remedial class soon and not able to bother us

IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #30 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 4:37am »

Oh, I didn't realise he was selling something

Maybe we can join forces and get DJ to start a Snake Oil Sales Babes Board right here at CH.com

What's he selling?

What are you selling spike?

I've written the definative guide on Sales In Clusterville and will part with it for a pitance and small comission. Don't be put off, I've made fortunes here!

IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:25am »

You don't have to be selling to be a troll here anymore Danny.. you just have to look at the likes of chtom/john/hdido/pcmcck/johndskorohod etc etc etc  to see that.

At least the trading trolls only want money  Roll Eyes

Pssst... can I sell you a bridge?!
IP Logged

Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

« Reply #32 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:04pm »

Stigmata, Stigmata.  A wog from out of the country calls me a troll!  If I didn't see your flag I would think you are French.

Go back to my first posting on this thread and give me a straight answer to my question.  What would you say if I told you that the same therapy used to sizzle cancer cells in the brain is being considered for use on the hypothalmus to aleviate CH?  May also affect Bipolar and circadian issues.  Think about that.  Discuss that.  Or call me a troll!

Duh.

IP Logged

rextangle

Email

« Reply #33 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:30pm »

No Spike, I'm the one who's French here... and FUCK YOU! finger

Helen's right, you are a troll!

You're not here to discuss anything serious but looking to start some shit.
Nobody here is qualified to answer your question!

I'm done with you and your a$$hole behavior.
Go get help.

Rex

IP Logged
Ueli

Email

« Reply #34 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 8:59pm »

Well, it looks like the wires from CHTom deep brain stimulation misfired and beamed him from Alaska to Azerbaijan and mutated his name to Spike_Inmyeye. The town he comes from is unknown to Google, but then he misspelled it, it should be Spikesadik.

Fuck off, troll!
IP Logged
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #35 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 2:14am »

Aaaaah... that warm fuzzy feeling when you know you're back at CH.com!

Spike 'ol boy, you always know you're doing something right when Ueli tells you to fugg off. Well done, you even got it in the BIG LETTERS! How's the anger management Ueli? Perhaps you're bipolar?

So let me get this straight... in order to be a troll you have to suggest something that some don't agree with or know anything about.....? You don't even have state it as a fact, just suggest it as a possibility and ask for input.......? You'd think that those that knew nothing about the subject would STFU and move onto another post. Like me, or Rex, for example!

Rex, interstingly similar threads happened four or five years ago regarding a suggested link between CH and TN in some sufferers. There were similar posts by the usual suspects. Fugg off here and Fugg off there etc. When all was said and done about a year and half later however... well, if you don't know the outcome then you're not paying attention in which case you're the one causing the Sh1T. So Fugg off.

Doc Tom from Munich is great at translating the Latin into English and he's genrally abreast of things. Hey, Doc Tom from Munich... Are you out there Doc? Perhaps you could shed a bit of light.

Where's Ted? That Irish Jew likes to blast a few fugg off's himself. How's the bald patch Ted? Oh, and don't forget to fugg off.

I love this place!!
IP Logged

Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

http://www.mhni.com/clusterheadaches.htmlhttp://ww
« Reply #36 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 3:35am »

For those of you who don't quite get the seriousness of my post, and there maybe a few of you, the research into the hypothalmus/CH/bipolar connection is quite interesting and actually promises relief for CH.  Here is a website that comments on the new research and potential therapies:  www.mhni.com/clusterheadaches.html.

For those of you who don't understand the polysyllabic words in the articles, and there are a few of you who have posted on this thread who won't be able to read the words without moving their lips, I recommend the taser, pepper spray, and clubbing therapy I discussed earlier!
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #37 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 8:16am »

*CH is thought to develop in the hypothalmus .

*Serotonin effects mood

*A link?

*Possibly.

*Troll remarks.......due to the tazer and clubbing remarks.

*Make intelligent comments or show somehow that you are being a wise guy then one is appreciated by those in pain.

*Appear to be taking one for a ride then you get the FU.

*Period.

Be well,

E

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Ueli

Email

« Reply #38 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 9:29am »

Very displeased to see you back, Dannyboy. Does your daddy's business run so well that he doesn't need a marketing director any longer or did you suck so much at this job that you got fired?

If you have too much time on your hands, why not using it to learn something new? By example, read  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll  

and you'll learn that a troll is an idiot, like yourself, who haunts message boards with the sole intent to stir up shit, and to get an excitement like a little boy who rings the neighbors doorbell and runs away.  

E-Double, not all trolls a dimwits like Dannyboy. Some gather bits and pieces while trolling and then put them together to a concoction that makes some sense at first glance. Why, Spike_Inmyeye's alter ego, CHTom even underwent DBS surgery, although he didn't report in more than 2 sentences.

Spikes story about his encounter with the police is an exact copy from the resume of the sinusbusters boss.

Spike, if you can show us exactly where your hometown Rexadik is located in Azerbaijan, so we can find it on Google Earth, I will retract my troll comment. But I bet my CH against your tazer, you wouldn't be able to point to Azerbaijan on a globe.

Case closed                  smokin

IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #39 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 2:31pm »

Ueli, there's no such town "REXADIK"... it's another shot at me. Not very clever, but to be expected from a Troll.

But somehow, he insists about being "serious".
Switched flag overnight. Only 14 posts under his NEW identity.

Ok, go on Spike, this is really fascinating!

Hugs, vibes, prayers and shit!!!LMAO Grin hug

Take care of yourself,

Rex-a-dick

Edited to add:
This may be the forum you were looking for:

http://www.psychforums.com/forums/index.php

« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2005, 2:34pm by rextangle » IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #40 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 8:56pm »

There was a troll bashing and no one called me in with my pointy stick and strap on?  For shame....

Grin
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
dannyboy
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #41 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 4:21am »

Well actually you're right Ueli. Very intuitive...  anyway, I now have lots of time to to dig my fingers into the ribs of obnoxious ignorant punks like yourself.  

As you well know I've always been eager to assist those who have a karmic need for emotional explosion. So go on, let it all hang out! I'm sure I must have spelled at least three things wrong.... No charge this time! Go Mad!!

I love being unemployed, it's so much more fun!

And behave yourself before I smack your bum again!

Big Hug

Danny
IP Logged

mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #42 on: Nov 8th, 2005, 3:12pm »

AHHH  So it was the fact that I was married to a Bi-polar chick for ten years that caused all this??
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

« Reply #43 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 4:20pm »

Well so much for the adult discussion regarding the relationship between CH/hypothalmus/BP.  I am glad we got that all figured out.
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 4:45pm »

*Yawn*
IP Logged

Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #45 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 1:02pm »

I'll take this topic seriously becouse I've been diagnosed as bi polar. Caused me problems for years if you get the beast knocking on one of your "Lows" it's kinda like stepping into the ring with Mike Tyson. I have always attributed the bi polar I suffer from as the second generation effects of the Agent Orange that my Dad was exposed to in the Vietnam War.
IP Logged

Jason P Adams..........Rebel Python
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #46 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 1:30pm »

Hi Python, just so you know - it wasn't the topic that wasn't being taken seriously, only the poster  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

« Reply #47 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 8:33pm »

Python:

BP and CH have been linked to gether before and some of us recognize the science behind this nexus.  Others will never figure it out.  Ever notice a connection between the seasonality of the disorders?  Why is lithium the drug of choice for both BP and CH?  Misery loves company and I understand where you are at.    Try a "sun lamp" it helps with the C rythm.  Also I have found that Lamictal (an anti-seizure med) helps with CH and BP.
IP Logged

Ueli

Email

« Reply #48 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 11:39pm »

Now, if that is not a sure fire evidence of a troll!  Even more, this fucker Spike_Inmyeye is an outright criminal. The misinformation he spreads are designed to intentionally hurt other people!!!

on Nov 17th, 2005, 8:33pm, Spike_Inmyeye wrote:
Why is lithium the drug of choice for both BP and CH?

While lithium has its uses for hard case cluster headaches, it is certainly not the "drug of choice", because of its potentially severe side effects. The notion that lithium has any significant influence on blood pressure is just an imagination of the thug Spike_Inmyeye.

on Nov 17th, 2005, 8:33pm, Spike_Inmyeye wrote:
Also I have found that Lamictal (an anti-seizure med) helps with CH and BP.

Again, while Lamictal (Lamotrigine) may be useful against CH, there is not the slightest hint in the literature that is also helps BP problems.

But if you suffer from too low blood pressure, read some of the shit this moronic troll Spike_Inmyeye. Your BP will rocket through the roof.

Warnig to Newbies:
Do not believe anything Spike_Inmyeye writes. He has picked up some bits and pieces about CH, but what he makes out of it is designed to harm the unwary. He is a reincarnation of Hyde, with only very brief moments of Jekyll.

BTW, did you notice, the troll has been kicked out of Azerbaijan, for the horrid rubbish he barfs, across the border to Iran, where he tries to stir up shit for some time.  

Ueli                  smokin

IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #49 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 12:19am »

Have sharp stick ....

Will travel.....

We may be talking about a very thin thread of cause and effect here, but to say that there is a definate connection between CH and bi-Polar?  Get your head outta your ass....

For clarification, a true DX of bi polar disorder can only be made if not in connection with an underlying medical condition...read the DSM V.  If there is a revised version I'm not aware of one.

Don't try to pull the wool over over "these" educated eyes.

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss