Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Serius Question for Croniks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Serius Question for Croniks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Serius Question for Croniks  (Read 480 times)
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

Serius Question for Croniks
« on: Nov 8th, 2005, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huh is it becomming more bairable> are they shorter? Are we learning to live with them? How old are we?
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: Serius Question for Croniks
« Reply #1 on: Nov 8th, 2005, 7:42pm »

on Nov 8th, 2005, 7:36pm, joke ten dam wrote:
Huh is it becomming more bairable> are they shorter? Are we learning to live with them? How old are we?

Hi Joke, Honey....good to see you!

I was chronic for 30 years and then they started to go away, I have not had a full blown Kip 10 in about a year....or anything more than a shadow for that matter.

It seems to me that this happens to some of us and not for others.....thats what makes me mad!!

Im glad your feeling better.

...............................jonny
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

rextangle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 8th, 2005, 7:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

To answer your question, I think that you learn to cope better, if anything...
You can get cycles within your chronic cycle.
It also depends on what you do and/or try as far as meds or other available treatments.
Make sure you have a big 02 tank and may I suggest you try a Clustermasx. (See posts about it...)

Ask questions, get answers and try new things!

Good luck,

Rex
IP Logged
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 8th, 2005, 8:06pm »

Wel I am 58 and 02 never worked for me and I have always tryed to use as littel med as I could and my cycels within cronic are shorter and less heavy. Opon my question to my neurologist: Am I outgrowing them? I was answerd once a cronic always a cronic.  You are only going through a good period. They will bekome les strong and shorter but you will have them for the rest of your life. ????????? I dont mind if they stay this way. WTFH better than what I have been going throu before.
IP Logged
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 8th, 2005, 8:21pm »

hi jonny glad to hear you are doing wel. I have my ups and downs. Luckely I am an optimist and when it is going wel I hope and think it will staythis way. In the mean time I hav bean qualified as totaly disabeld for work because of cronic CH. The point is it is better even though I have my bad times. I want others to know that the beast althoug he is with us he cant realy beat us. I have alot I would like to share! I would like to share how things became better for me but am affraid because of some postings I have sean befoere. I happen to follow Clusterheadeachaches.com and clusterhoofdpijn.nl and realise that some of us seam to take a lot of medication. I did for some time because of what was prescribed to me. I have a lot of better periods since I reduce my medication as soon as thing quiet down.
Take care Joke
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 6:46am »

I think after a few years of being chronic, you just learn to live with them and take each day with a grain of salt. You get cycles within cycles. Some times are worse than others.  

In a way it's easier being chronic -- your pain tolerance goes way up and you "adjust".  

Don't get me wrong -- I'd go back to NOT having them at all if I could, but I can't so .... I live with them.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:42am »

on Nov 9th, 2005, 6:46am, BarbaraD wrote:
I think after a few years of being chronic, you just learn to live with them and take each day with a grain of salt. You get cycles within cycles. Some times are worse than others.  

In a way it's easier being chronic -- your pain tolerance goes way up and you "adjust".  

Don't get me wrong -- I'd go back to NOT having them at all if I could, but I can't so .... I live with them.  

Hugs BD

Ditto.......

You stop questioning.
Just live!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 8:49am »

Quote:
I have alot I would like to share! I would like to share how things became better for me but am affraid because of some postings I have sean befoere.

Don't be afraid to post anything here, people just agree and disagree.  Some people will take and get help from your advise and sharing and others will not.

It is always good to hear how someone else coped for years.

I sit here between somewhere and nowhere and sometimes without meds.  So I read and take and use what I can from others experiences.

If you still don't feel to do it here on the board PM me, I for one (but I think some other here too) would like to know.

Jas Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #8 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:32pm »

chronic 10 years now
fed up with it but hey i got a life to live Grin
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:22am »

on Nov 8th, 2005, 7:36pm, joke ten dam wrote:

No - not more bearable but I believe more expected, maybe better understood.  

No - Attacks are no shorter now than 11 years ago.  But as others have posted, there are cycle periods within the chronic cycle that are better and worse.  July - Sept. is my best period - Oct. things ramp up again and get worse through June.    

Yes - But it's more like accepting of the fact that attacks will occur and somehow must be delt with.  I'll never learn to live with them, they're simply too disruptive of a nornal life.  The repetitive excrutiating pain of attacks is one thing but sleep deprivation really screws with my mental/physical abilities.  Even a good day/night is shadowed by the fear of attacks this contributes to the physical/mental fatigue.      

Mid 40's

Tom  

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #10 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 12:04pm »

Over the 30 years I have bounced from chronic to eposodic. Presently in the cronic part of the field.  Guess it's just learning to live with it and enjoy the PF nights when they come my way.  Can't dwell on when that next dance will come otherwise it drives me crazy.

edited to add my age - will be 51 soon.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2005, 12:05pm by echo » IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 2:42pm »

Wink so to see I must be one of the olderones  Embarassed  Grin Newermind the older you are the wiser they say. I will stick to reducing my medication when things ease up and try to use imitrex as littel as posible Over the years I have realised that when I start that I nead to youse it more often.
Fore those that know me chek my next entry Do you rememder this
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 4:20pm »

on Nov 8th, 2005, 7:42pm, Jonny wrote:

I was chronic for 30 years and then they started to go away, I have not had a full blown Kip 10 in about a year....or anything more than a shadow for that matter.

...............................jonny

WOW!!!
f'n'A!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 6:45pm »

on Nov 10th, 2005, 4:20pm, vig wrote:
WOW!!!
f'n'A!

No shit Paul, if I feel a shadow 02 kills it, if I wake up and feel anything 02 kills it. I dont know if im chasing shadows or just regular HA's (this only happens 1-2 times a month)

I KILLED THE BEAST!!!!!

Jinx?.....No such thing.....LMAO Grin

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 4:16pm »

I'm 48, first CH at 26, been chronic for about 5 years.  They are no more bearable, but life goes on.
Kim
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss