Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I think I may have just experienced my first CH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I think I may have just experienced my first CH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I think I may have just experienced my first CH  (Read 388 times)
Koshums
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I think I may have just experienced my first CH
« on: Nov 11th, 2005, 8:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At around midnight I was sitting infront of the telly, and felt a sudden, very intense, pain in my head. I have never felt anything like it before - it was excruciating. The pain felt like how I'd imagine it would feel if I had a large gash on my head. I instictively put my hands over my forehead and expected to see blood on them when I pulled them away, but there wasn't any.

With the agony still persisting and no idea of what was causing it, I started to panic and ran straight up to the bathroom to look in the mirror - nothing. The pain was still there. It seemed to occasionally move around - further back past my hairline, and then I felt it behind my eye. There were occasional 'spikes' of pain where it got even worse for a few seconds. After about 10-15 minutes the pain got less intense, and now, about 45 minutes after the attack, I can still feel a pain in the same location, but it is now only about as painful as a normal headache.

Does this sound like a cluster headache? I had a look at the quiz on the websiite, but as this is the first time I've experienced something like this, I can't say what 'normally' happens.

I'd appreciate and thoughts or opinions.

Many thanks,
Ant.
IP Logged
pubgirl
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

The next person who calls it a migraine eats teeth

Re: I think I may have just experienced my first C
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 8:45pm »

Hello Ant

Was this pain on the surface or in the nerves in your skin or did it feel like it was coming from "in your brain"

Wendy
IP Logged

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together
Koshums
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 8:56pm »

Hi Wendy,

It definitely didn't feel like it was coming from "in my brain". As I said at first I thought must have a cut or gash on my forehead causing the pain, so I'd say the pain felt like it was on or very close to the surface.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:01pm »

I would wait a few days/weeks and see if you start having these ha on a routine baisis.  Mine always ran like clockwork.  Very predictable as to when and how long they were going to last.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:01pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
pubgirl
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

The next person who calls it a migraine eats teeth

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:05pm »

Hi again Ant

We can't diagnose on here but what you describe sounds unlikely to be CH, it sounds more as if it is some kind of neuralgia in the nerves in that area, which in turn could be caused by all kinds of things.

The best bet if it keeps happening is to get your GP to refer you to a neurologist as soon as possible to get a diagnosis.

It also may be worth discussing the "Indotest" with your GP in the meantime if it keeps happening. This is a short course of a specific NSAID called indomethacin (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) and is used as a very successful treatment for many of the shorter-lived headache types, and a diagnostic rule in/out for CH.

Wendy

« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:57pm by pubgirl » IP Logged

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:42pm »

Nope....dont sound like CH to me.....But then again....Im a prick Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

owk
New Board Newbie
USA 

It'll be over soon!

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:53pm »

I'd say wait. I know is not much help, but wait.

If they keep coming, go see a doctor. But for the meantime, hope they never come back.

If they do, and for some reason you can't go see a doctor right away, keep a diary of when, how, where it hurts, for how long, etc. It might help the doctor.

Best of luck!
IP Logged
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 3:27am »

Obviously we cant diagnose you here, Ant, but from what you describe, it doesnt sound like the same thing I suffer from.  For me, it certainly doesnt feel like there is a cut or scrape on the skin.  For me, it feels like it is not skin that is in pain.
However, the excruciating, relentless pain sounds familiar.   Wink
i'd give it a few days and play it by ear.  If you are having problems, get in asap, if you dont seem to get hit much anymore, i would just move on.
Thats just my opinion.

Do you get a stuffy side of your nose?
Do you get a watery eye?
Were you restless when you had the severe pain?  could you sit still?

PF wishes to you
Welcome
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Lastdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

My II's are always open !!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 11:57am »

Shocked Ant, I'm with most of the people on here, I'd say wait a bit and see about the regularity. Most of the time they come at the same time of the day, and every day. Does you eye seem to droop ?? is your nose on the Painful side stuffed and runny at the same tme?? Does it feel like someone took a red Hot fire poker and jammed it behind your eyeball and up into your head above that eye?? These are my true signs.My pain usually lasts from 15 to 30 minutes, I just came off and 8 year remission but that 1st one I got this new cycle was unmistakable, I knew they were back.Another right thing you were told is if you get another one  RUN , don't walk ,but Run to the Nearest DR and get That refferel for the Neuro for a right Diagnosis. The quicker you get a handle on this the better for you. Listen Ant, I know they have me listed as a Newbie on the site but that's because I just found this web Site , But I've been a CH for 33 years so I do have some knowledge about this affliction we all share. And BTW you won't find a better group of people anywhere !!!
       Good Luck to you,
         Nico
     Have a Regular Head day !!!
IP Logged

Lastdaddy/Nico/Daddy
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss