Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tingle? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tingle?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tingle?  (Read 387 times)
owk
New Board Newbie
USA 

It'll be over soon!

Tingle?
« on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone ever had this? I had the worst I've ever had today after three days without getting one, and it lasted almost 2 hours.

Anyway, after it was over, I felt, from time to time, a tingling sensation in the same places where it was hurting, inside the head, but on the other side. It doesn't hurt, but it feels funny.

It's been happenning every 20 minutes or so, and it's been like that even thought 3 hours have passed since the end of the attack. Anyone ever had that?
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: Tingle?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:32pm »

Hi Owk

Usually after a long attack I'm sooo tired and the pressure stay(shadow) with some points on my head feeling like they have been bruised from the in and outside.

Hoping you don't get one of those hits again.  PF wishes to you.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 7:07pm »

Yes, my head tingles, anywhere and everywhere.  After a big hit I will just sit and gently massage my scalp.  It doesn't make the inside tingling to away, but it makes my scalp feel better.  I will also sometimes get a tingle in my head just before a hit - kind of a warning sign?  If so, I'm glad, because I can make sure I've got my weapons ready.  

Heck!  I just tingle all the time when in cycle.   Grin

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 7:23pm »

I find it's more like a visit from the rice crispie guys. 'Snap' 'Crackle' & 'Pop' in my sinus.
Shadows are present sometimes for a while afterward, but when the crispie guys come, I know the 'Beast' is almost always on his way, and soon, and they always wave goodbye after the 'Beast' lets go. Kinda wierd.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 3:19pm »

I get tingles before I get hit. Especially when I drink alcohol and it triggers one.
IP Logged
RobHealy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.

robhealy5

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 3:30pm »

As for ImNotBub's description of snap crackle pop, that's spot on for me.  get that opening in the sinuses and ear canal - no doubt.

As for a tingle... after going throgh an eight to ten i will have this definite after-effect that's more than a shadow.  kind of tingle.  feels like my whole head just got scopped out like the innards of a pumpkin,  very "RAW" type feeling.

Ever jump off the high diving bard and have water jam up your nose and into your sinuses?  Maybe that horrible sneeze you coulnd't get out, then it cramped up?  Take that feeling and multiply by about a thousand.

Pain free wishes kids!
Xo,
Rob
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,

No tingle, just a twinge like a toggle switch being flipped
that tells me I've got 5 mins max to do whatever I can (coffee, O2, or if I'm stuck somewhere pray its gonna be
bearable without freakin out the standerbys).

No tingle after, but a big hit makes my hair hurt (yeah I know its the scalp but I swear its the hair). Try explaining that to people.

Jon019

IP Logged
owk
New Board Newbie
USA 

It'll be over soon!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 3:48pm »

Ok, so it does happen. Some of the descriptions above are dead-on when compared to what I feel.

My english is sort of borken, so I might've chosen the wrong word. Anyhoo, thanks folks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss