Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 7:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mood questions.. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mood questions..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mood questions..  (Read 1058 times)
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

Mood questions..
« on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just out of curiosity... does anyone notice that they get either more frusterated or angry than usual when in a bad bout with the CH? Even at the dumbest, uncontrollable things?

I have been going through a very bad bout with these headaches which is enough to make me mad but this is a different kind of mad.. hard to explain. It is kind of like hating everything, taking it out on everyone and,...I dont know.  

Maybe it is just me, maybe I am just going mad or maybe I am just stressed to the max with everything... dumb doctors, never enough money, limited energy,...yikes!  

Just wanted to ask..

Jill
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
maffumatt

Email

Re: Mood questions..
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If you go a month with no sleep you tend to be not in the best of moods.
Matt
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:39pm »

Jill - no it's not just you at all.  I too have a very short fuse when in cycle and it can be the smallest thing that can tick me right off!  

I have a tendency to use every curse word I can lay my tongue to and have been known to throw things.

Hang in there girl - stay strong - it can't last forever.

Here's wishing you some PF time soon!

Carol
IP Logged
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:40pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:36pm, maffumatt wrote:
If you go a month with no sleep you tend to be not in the best of moods.
Matt

That is true... but this is different... I feel like I am angrier than usual and getting so frusterated with EVERYTHING, even the things that I love. Maybe it is just a bad cycle within this never-ending chronic cycle (if that makes sense)... or a combo of things..  

What I am really wondering if anyone else has noticed that before a bad cycle, whether chronic or episodic, if you notice that you get a bad attitude or anything.

Jill

Add - thanks Carol, we just posted at the same time... Glad that I am not alone in this.. and it can be the smallest thing.. Sometimes I wonder how our (mine atleast) supporters can stand to be with us... especially if we are chronic.. Thank you to them!
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:43pm by Jill » IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:44pm »

I am a total BITCH when CH are kicking my ass. I know it's hard to believe, LOL.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:17pm »

Ditto to Nani.

When I'm not getting kicked in the ass with a Kip 8, I have constant shadows during cycle - even after the Verapamil has kicked in.  12 weeks of being a bitch, usually.  Thank goodness my family are strong supporters, and thank goodness I work for myself from home!

You're not alone, my friend.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:24pm »

Jill,

Don't beat yourself up, its not just you...I'm totally irritated and irritable during a cycle.   Its hard to smile sweetly, go with the flow or deal with lack of flow when your dealing with this bastard!

Hope you get a break soon,  

Kate
IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:08pm »

Well, there you have it. We all get a little 'bitchy' when times get rough. Don't sweat it. If your supporters are true supporters, then they will understand.

UNsolved
IP Logged
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 7:50am »

Well,

Glad that I am not alone in this... I feel better about being cranky... if that even makes sense.

My supporter is amazing, how he has stuck with me like he has for the past three years of me being chronic, I dont know.. but he is great and I dont know what I wouldnt do without him and you guys. So thanks to all. Gotta love our supporters - thanks to all that do!

Jill
IP Logged

PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 8:06am »

It's not just you Jill.  
I'm in cycle now. Hating everything. Really really down in the dumps. Which gets me frustrated. Which makes me cranky and irritable ALL THE FREAKIN TIME.  
Vrap isn't working for me this cycle. F'in shadows non-stop, always lurking , always ready to pounce just waiting to rip at my face . Getting hit 3 - 5 times a day and I still have 2 months to go.

Cranky and irritable? I'd say we have reason sometimes.
Guess I need to take my own advice and "not let it get me".  

IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 10:08pm »

Same here. I am chronic and October is  when things start to get really rough. Shadows getting stronger and more of them. Meds make me tired, but my anxiety is way up.  Undecided I get cranky and bitchey, etc. It's good to know you are not alone. PFDN

Brandi
IP Logged
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 12:07am »

Man, are you kidding me?  TOTALLY!  I just chocked it up to the 'depression' people talk about that seems to be frequent in CHers.
Hell yes, i get pissy, impatient and annoyed at everything.  Unfortunately, since my cycle ended about 2 months ago, i still seem to have the pissy attitude and the short patience.  i even started taking welbutrin, it doesnt seem to be helping much.
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

giffy76
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me Imitrex or give me death.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 7:20am »

Wow! I can't be around friends because I know I'll piss em off, short fuse. Brad (cooties hubby) and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. If ever I was going to kill someone, it would be when in cycle! I hate everything, I don't leave the house, except for work, I just hang around the house and I'm pretty much worthless.

I'm getting pissed off just thinking about being in cycle Angry
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 7:24am »

Good God, yes -I get so bitchy during cycle.  It's hard to have an "upbeat" attitude when you are shadowing all the time between hits.  Even if I'm not shadowing, just knowing that the next hit is coming like clockwork tends to piss me off royally.  My husband is great, though.  I wouldn't make it through without him.

Wishing you PF

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #14 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 7:58am »

I've gotten in the habit of announcing to my family, and to myself I suppose,  that i am crabby because of my noggin.  

It has helped a lot all the way around. I've asked them when I'm PF so I know it works for us.  

Now, when my kids are sick they announce that's why they are crabby, upset or whatever they feel....taught them a new tool by example.

IP Logged
kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 3:21pm »

Jill,
Don't know what meds you are on, but some (many actually) can affect your seratonin levels which will definitely impact mood.  Also as the days get shorter and there is less sunlight many people see a marked change in mood.
Might talk to your doc.
Kim
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 3:22pm »

Wow - Glad to know that I am not the only one who gets cranky or just plain bitchy... I cant stand myself half of the time so I have no idea how others can... Undecided

The most frusterating thing for me is that this feeling never seems to go away even though some days are better than others. Being chronic, everyday is a hard day right now and my patience is real thin...  

I feel like I am living in a hole where I cant escape - afraid to go out for too long of a time and between that and lack of sleep and constant attacks... no wonder we are cranky!  

Thanks all for replying!

Jill
IP Logged

Marijke
New Board Junior
Belgium 

Nice board!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 4:34pm »

Nope, not just you.
Watch me when in cycle AND having PMS...
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 6:37pm »

Are you kidding me? I'm already a natural born a$$hole.
With CH, I've become a born again a$$hole.

It's not you, it's the nature of the game.

Now fuck off! Wink

Rex
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 6:53pm »

on Nov 9th, 2005, 6:37pm, rextangle wrote:
Are you kidding me? I'm already a natural born a$$hole.
With CH, I've become a born again a$$hole.

It's not you, it's the nature of the game.

Now fuck off! Wink

Rex

I love it!
I'm the same way.
Some "people person" I am.......
I hate everyone equally.
I just hide it well Wink
Roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #20 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:30pm »

Actually, I find that  I'm either so self involved in the throws of an attack to be moody, or I'm so drained from lack of sleep  that I'm a little lethargic. I think that the fact that I always get the Hit in the wee hours of the morning and no one else is around may help. It helps me to think about the fact that I survived the last one instead of anticipating the onset of the next. It doesn't seem that there is anything that I can really do to truly prevent the Beast from coming, so as I try to teach my kids, don't sweat the things you can't change, just roll with the punches. Cliche I know, but it's a mind set that seams to help me. I think it also helps that I knkow that they will eventually end for a while. Those who deal with cronic attacks have something else to deal with entirely.
This is not to say that I'm Mr. Wonderful. Quite the opposite. I have been called a real not a very nice person on many occasions, but that would not be moody, since it is consistantly my normal state.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 7:32pm »

wow, I got bleeped
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Spike_Inmyeye
New Board Junior
Syria 

Better living through oxygen!

« Reply #22 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 4:06am »

I am too concerned with trying to remove whatever it is behind my eye that is killing me to notice the extent of my frustration.  However all of my family members can be heard to say to one another "you need to leave him alone."  Also, no sharp objects or anything that can be loaded.  I have huge changes in mood.  I focus on two things:  My current headache and worrying about the next one.  Everything else and everyone else comes a distant third.  I often think I should wear one of those hats that has a rotating light that will illuminate when I am having a headache so people can stay away.  The worst thing about a cycle is that you can never really explain how devastating the pain is to someone who has never had one.  That can get very frustrating.
IP Logged

"If you can treat it over-the-counter it isn't a headache"
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 8:05am »

I've learned some new words since the onset of CH. In fact the first time I ever used the "F" word was in Chicago on the way to the first OUCH convention in Rochester. I got hit at O'Hare and was on the phone to the group in the garage and was screaming at them. They were laughing and were shocked that "Mom" was screaming the "F" word at them. In fact I was screaming it at everyone in the airport.  

Usually I'm a sweet, lovable person (yeah and if you believe that one), but CH changes one's personality and after a while you just don't care if you're a chrumdungen. I hurt, leave me the hell alone and if you get near me I could HURT you!!! Is there any part of that you don't understand????

Most people who know me know when the left eye starts swelling shurt to get away from me -- or they KNOW the second time.....  

Oh, about your question -- YES, CH affects moods. It puts you in a BAD one.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 12:07pm »

When in cycle, I feel like I've been sunburned from the inside out, and everying around me is sandpaper rubbing against it. I get depressed and I think, "If I don't wake up tomorrow morning, that would be just fine with me."
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss