Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How many of us have ever been Knocked Unconscious? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   How many of us have ever been Knocked Unconscious?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How many of us have ever been Knocked Unconscious?  (Read 562 times)
Lastdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

My II's are always open !!

Email

« on: Nov 12th, 2005, 12:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is something I have always wondered about. Twice in my life as a youngster I had been knocked out. Once playing Baseball someone threw a bat and it hit me square in the nose and out I went. A Deviated septum grew a few years later. another time when I was even younger My mom was running after me cause naturally I was in trouble again and I ran smack into an Oak tree, it didn't move , and out I went, and I mean OUT!!! My Brother who is also a CH was also knocked out once when his twin hit him over the head with the Butt of a BB gun, Nice Family HUH ?? Any way I was just wondering how many of us CH suffers have ever been knocked Un conscious and if there might be any correlation to that. Lets hear about it  !!
     Have a Regular Head Day,
        Nico
IP Logged

Lastdaddy/Nico/Daddy
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

Re: How many of us have ever been Knocked Unconsci
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 10:15pm »

ok let me think I believe about 9-10 times knocked out cold (1)as kid riding my stingray bike did wheelly and ran into sign post (2) playing tackle football in the 70's while in service (3) while fishing friend next to me went to throw log into water and a brach caught on his hand and it flew 3 feet to my head (4) (5) (6) (7) playing softball for 18 years twice ran full blast backwards into fench posts in outfield  and twice while running the bases last one knocked me from almost to first base and I went almost 10 feet to fence not only knocked out but 3 cracked ribs collapsed left lung speareted left shoulder and (8) (9) (10) bar fights (why did i always pick on the biggest baddest guys oh i remember my drunken mouth over runeth  I think thats about it
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 5:17am »

I believe this one was covered before.  But to answer your question.

Knocked out cold for about 18 hours as a result of playing H.S. football.  Landed on my right ear - CH hits me on the right side.  Related?  Who knows, but it was nearly 20 years between this incident and my first CH attack.  

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 8:25am »

Fell from a really high slide when I was 5. dunno if i was "out"- guess I was cuz I just remember "waking up" with the ground and gravel at the right side of my face.  

IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 8:59am »

Car wreck when I was about 15 and a motorcycle wreck when I was 17. Unconcious both times, but CH didn't hit till I was close to 50.
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 9:23am »

Headache. 1992 Nov;32(10):504-6. Related Articles, Links  

Cluster headache following head injury: a case report and review of the literature.

Turkewitz LJ, Wirth O, Dawson GA, Casaly JS.

Midwest Center for Head-Pain Management, Troy, Ohio 45373.

A relation between head trauma and cluster headache is frequently described in the literature. The percentage of cluster patients with a history of head injury is approximately 16.5 when several large studies are reviewed. The present paper reports another case where there is close proximity between head injury and the onset of cluster headache. A review of the literature attempts to document the supposition that there is indeed a causal or precipitous role for head injury in cluster cephalgia pathogenesis.

Publication Types:  
Case Reports  
Review  
Review of Reported Cases  

PMID: 1468909 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 11:25am »

Got knocked out a few years ago with a 40oz bottle,left a nast little scar rigt above my right eye. I like it though. Gives my face some character.
IP Logged

Jason P Adams..........Rebel Python
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 2:31pm »

In the 4th grade I knocked myself out while doing a back-flip off the diving board. I woke up underwater while someone was yanking me out. I have had headaches of all sorts my whole life. Clusters started 2 years ago.
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:

Nico,

Too many times to count...
Been kicked in the head by horses and kickboxers.
K.O in a few fights, car accident and drinking accidents.
Been hit in the head by polo mallets, guitars and IRS fines.

What was the question again?

Rex

IP Logged
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #9 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 7:14pm »

Not quite unconsious, but real close. I rode my 10 speed into the back of a camper going down the street as fast as I could. (Yes, accidentally). I was probably 14 or so at the time. Cluster headaches began around this time also. I'm not positive which happended first. I am always wondering if that started it off for me too! Rich
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 8:38pm »

I've had many head injuries that "should" have knocked me cold, but I'm the stubborn sort I guess.  Came in handy the one time I was being beaten to a pulp, had I gone unconsious I certainly would NOT be here now.  My will to survive is the only thing that saved my life that night.

Post concussion syndrom still happens when you don't loose consiousness and it's not at all fun.

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #11 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 8:52pm »

Never.
IP Logged
RobHealy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.

robhealy5

« Reply #12 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 10:19pm »

Not knocked unconscious, but heavy facial trauma from my head meeting slate steps.  Broken nose and deviated septum since.

I actually remember being able to "crack" the septum over when I'd feel pressure in my sinues and I would get some relief!  Septum deviation is even more exaggerated than when I was a kid and I can't "crack" it over any more.

My best,
Rob
IP Logged
CHTom

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 14th, 2005, 11:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've knocked myself out when the CH pain got too bad-took a couple of sleeping pills.  In the ninth grade, working as a chem lab assistant, I opened a bottle that was unlabled to find out what it was-turned out to be 100% ammonia!  I immediately passed out and then  I remember waking up, feeling my head being cradled in such incredible softness; when I opened my eyes, there was the  gorgeous Miss Bogart, my typing teacher, cradling my head in her ample bosom-ahhh Roll Eyes!
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2005, 11:38pm by CHTom » IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #14 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 10:41am »

on Nov 14th, 2005, 11:37pm, CHTom wrote:
I've knocked myself out when the CH pain got too bad-took a couple of sleeping pills.  In the ninth grade, working as a chem lab assistant, I opened a bottle that was unlabled to find out what it was-turned out to be 100% ammonia!  I immediately passed out and then  I remember waking up, feeling my head being cradled in such incredible softness; when I opened my eyes, there was the  gorgeous Miss Bogart, my typing teacher, cradling my head in her ample bosom-ahhh Roll Eyes!

I guess there can even be a silver lining to being knocked out.  I have fainted a couple of times in my life, but never had such memorable waking experiences. Grin Never any blows to the head though.
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss