Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ? for CH/Migrainers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ? for CH/Migrainers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ? for CH/Migrainers  (Read 547 times)
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

? for CH/Migrainers
« on: Nov 16th, 2005, 10:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok - here it goes

a few weeks ago I thought I was headed in to cycle all the regular signs. Even had a few kip 5s, but mostly HEAVY shadows. Thomas and I thought that maybe I was just getting them because of all the Vicadin (sp?) that I was on (for another medical problem), because they were not regular. Now all I get is the Heavy shadows lasting hours sometimes all day. Caffinee helps some, 02 only while I am using it as soon as I stop the pain ramps up again. All I want to do is lay down, noise is VERY bothersome to me alot. I have light sensitivity also but I have that in cycle any way.

OK for my ? are these migrains????? The intensity of CH is not there. But Cheese and rice, I feel like I do right at the peek of cycle between hits when your hair hurts and head feels brused and it takes every thing you got just to keep up.

What the Fuck - Gena
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
floridian

Email

Re: ? for CH/Migrainers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16th, 2005, 11:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dunno for sure - could be shadows or an unusual cycle. I get occular migraine, which is like a fireworks show but not what you describe.  Lots of different migraine patterns, could be that.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16th, 2005, 11:28pm »

Hi Gena  

When you say "all I want to do is lay down" sounds more like migraine.
I used to have migraine issues as well.
You know both afflictions and sometimes they mimic and overlap eachother, but the lay down and hair feeling is more migraine style in my opinion.
The vicodan also can cause wierd feelings similar to shadows. I took some my wife had a few months back for a torn knee ligament. Definately made me feel like chit.  
In reality you know best. But seems from reading here not everyone has kip 10s. And I know shadows can last all day.
So who the hell knows.  Hope you feel better soon.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 8:40am »

Hi Gena,
Your descriptions sound very much like migraine.  It's very possible to have migraine separate from clusters.  My clusters began in my early 30's, but I had classic migraine (with aura) from childhood.  My migraines stopped after the CH started up, except for occasional aura (without much pain following).  
Keep a record of your symptoms and you will become adept at recognizing the differences.  It's fairly typical to be hypersensitive to light and smells and to need to lie very still.
PF wishes to you, my friend. hug
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 12:31pm »

One person's shadow can be  another's migraine ..lol

Gina, I get CH and migraines separate from each other, but more often mixed up ...SOmetimes fullblown both at once. ....and with funky hybrids of the two. Lots of times my migraines will have a dash of cluster in them or my clusters will have migraine traits. sounds like what you're describing.

still, if its new for you it's worth a call to your doc.  

That o2 abort you wrote about is exactly what happens with my migraines. It works, but for a very short while...usually just buys me some time to get home. I still always try to O2 first for either HA.  

PF's for you!
-Rori
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 1:42pm »

I get both migraines and ch.  My son does to.  It sounds like you may be getting migraines.  Only way to know for sure is go to the dr for a diagnosis.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 1:49pm »

Thanks for the advice - My nero appt is set for dec 21. set it up about 3 weeks ago  Tongue.

I have my own opinion about where it is a migraine or shadow. And so does Thomas, I just wanted to see what ya'll opition was.  

IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 4:06pm »

I get both also and sometimes they start about the same - one sided. But the migraine usually ends up with nauseau and the ch doesn't. But they have to get to about a Kip 6 before I can tell which is which. I take one thing for the migraines and something else for the CH so I usually wait till I'm in the bad part of the pain before I get around to taking any meds to make sure which or what to take.  

My migraines are arthritic so I just take naproxan for them, but if the nauseau hits I have to take phenergan and LAY DOWN and not move. With CH we all know that is impossible.  

Hope you find out it's just shadows or a reaction from the vicodin. I wouldn't wish another headache on anyone.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 7:58pm »

Migraines here also. I have been having multiple migraines a week and went to the doc today and told him about it. He said mine were most likely because I have been taking Tylanol PM more often to sleep and painkillers for the migraines. O2 works for a few minutes then it comes back. They come back after imitrex too. Switching up my meds now to see if that helps. Who knows what's going on. But your pain sounds kind of like mine. Good luck and PF days ahead!

Brandi
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 11:29pm »

bomb Pretty special peoples.
I only get meegraines during or after a long episode. Both together hammer Ow,Ow,Ow
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss