Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Colorado »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Colorado
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Colorado  (Read 723 times)
boomer52
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whats crackalackin?

Colorado
« on: Dec 4th, 2005, 1:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is there anyone in Southeast Colorado that has clusters and if so what doctors do you see?
IP Logged

If pain could have saved us, we long ago would have been cured.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Colorado
« Reply #1 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 3:14pm »

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/doctors.htm

These are sufferer recommended Doctors by state.

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
boomer52
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whats crackalackin?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 4th, 2005, 3:39pm »

Thanks, they are a ways from me, but I might have to try one of them.
IP Logged

Redrum
New Board Junior
USA 

Doh!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 9:27am »

Heya Boomer...I'm in Woodland Park, outside Colorado Springs.  I'm  seeing Dr. Fletcher up here.  He doesn't know much about CH but is very willing to listen to me and let me take control.  Since I have a very good Idea whats going on with me and how to deal with it (thanks to this site) this works out well.  

Afarid I have not been to a Neuro since I was first diagnosed back in NY so can't help ya there, but if you need a  local shoulder to cry on send me a note.

PFDAN ~Andy
IP Logged

It's hard to be an optimist when the glass is shattered on the floor!
boomer52
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whats crackalackin?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 10:10am »

Thanks for the info, Andy. I think maybe the people on here might have already helped me. I had some old verapamil 240mg and they told me that was a low dose, so yesterday morning I doubled it and so far no headaches for 24 hours. Maybe just a fluke, I've had them quit for a day before and then come back, but I am hoping this works. I live in La Junta, southeast corner.  thanks again, Jay
IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 8:38pm »

where's Rex, isn't he out there somewhere...
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 2:15pm »

Hey Boomer,
 I live in Denver and can't say there's anyone here I've come across that I'd recomend to another CH'er.
 Also selling a home in Buena Vista ... because ALL the doctors there suck, in fact ALL of Chaffee County sucks for medical services!
 If you are healthy, couldn't find a better place to live, but if not .... Angry
 Also be careful about referrals to Alamosa, which isn't too far from you. Their "top" Neuro they tried to send me to doesn't even "believe Cluster Headaches are even real." (I almost wanted to go just to meet him and shove some facts up his ...)
 Don't know about Pueblo, I've heard the best docs are in the Springs. Next time I see my PCP, I'll ask for names he told me about before.
 Good luck,
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
boomer52
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whats crackalackin?

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 5:41pm »

Dave               Thanks for the info, I've been doing some research and I here that a neurologist in Denver is pretty good, Dr. Ralph Round-303-321-0700, I even heard that he is originally from La Junta, where I am from. I tried to get an appointment and they said I had to be referred by a doctor. I quit mine, so I guess I'll try er doc or maybe a chiropractor.  Thanks, Jay  
ps. I'll let you know what I think of him if I ever get in.
IP Logged

Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 1:39am »

Hi Jay,
 Don't recognize this doc's name, but ... if we share some research maybe I can be of some help to you.
 Before I got ill with some other pretty serious disorders other than CH, I was pretty good at helping people with resources to get what they need. I've done a lot of research in how to get things done in the medical field with doctors, insurance, Medicare, getting medications, etc ...
 Maybe we should get in touch by email and possibly I can help?
 Plus ... La Junta these days is in as bad as shape as we are here with the weather. I've been through there in blizzard like conditions while doing work out in Holly, pretty miserable to get around. So, if we can get you in to see this doc and you need a place to stay, you've got one. Sorry we live in a very small apartment right now so not much on comfort to offer, but if safety and travel is difficult our door is open. (Also know how to get around this city avoiding the terrible traffic.)
 Any small thing we can do to help, just ask and Annette and I  will try to help best we can.
 Send me an email about your situation, together we can probably get this done.
 Look forward to hearing from you, we'll find the solution  Smiley
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
boomer52
New Board Newbie
USA 

Whats crackalackin?

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 10:54pm »

Thanks Dave, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I had to go to work and just got back in town. I work for the BNSF rr out of La Junta to Newton Ks. as a locomotive engr. I had been pain free for several days but on the way back home I got a pretty bad one, don't know how much longer I can work. Before I went out I had an appointment with the locol chiropracter and he got me in with Dr. Round for the middle of January. Thanks for the offer of a place to stay, but our boys live in Parker and the oldest said he would take me to appt. with Dr. Round.... What kind of work were you doing in Holly? Not too much around there except for race horses and farming and ranching. Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes...Jay
IP Logged

Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 5:32am »

It was quite a few years back since I went to Holly. I was in the flooring installation business and did some floors for a seinor citizen home there.
 Remember it well though as I got a speeding ticket out there in the middle of nowhere, then kept getting attacked by a little-bitty old lady for crossing the "barrier" they had been told to stay out of so we could work. laugh
 Glad you got this all worked out and sure hope this doc is worth as much as we can hope.
 Will be very interested in how you are treated.
 My best to ya!
 Dave
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss