Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tearing eye-what level? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tearing eye-what level?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tearing eye-what level?  (Read 575 times)
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

Tearing eye-what level?
« on: Dec 7th, 2005, 4:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is a follow on to the "different pain levels" thread. At what KIP level does this sysmptom start for those who regularly get the teary eye? I know some have mentioned "phantom" symptoms with no pain (can of worms-please don't remove that lid!), but what about regular attacks?

I now usually get the stuffy nostril, but rarely the steadily dripping/teary eye effect. These days, tearing eye usually only occurs with the worst attacks (KIP9 to 10).  

In early years of chronic cluster attacks I'd get a daily dripping eye, for almost exactly 1 hour, every day at 10am. The pain level was, I'd say, KIP7. I could be in public, but sure didn't want to be! I still could function for the most part, but I'd try to find someplace alone to ride it out if possible. Burning was in eye and temple only. Never had anything higher until chronic cycle broken and epicsodic cycles began. Now entire side of head/face/neck/back of head and neck is in play at KIP7 or above. Thanks for any replies, and Pain Free wishes to you all!

Oh, and I hope it's not too politically incorrect - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Rich
IP Logged
BK
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: Tearing eye-what level?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 8:21pm »

The teary eye happens for me at kip 7 and above.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 8:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

kip7 for me also.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 10:36pm »

The teary/watery eye happens for me during an extreme attack when the pain starts to ease up a touch.

During the slower to build attacks maybe 8 and above but when the pain goes high it stops watering.  

Then the unmentioned silent attacks allmost allways the eye is watering.
IP Logged

MJ
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #4 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 6:48am »

Tearing and water works, streaming nose always at the onset of a headache, for me it's a clarion call to suck O2, brew mushroom tea, run a hot bath, find some space for the next 2 hours etc.

Only this year has the virtuous link between the five/ten minute leaking process and pain been broken.
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 8:05am »

"Leaking Process"

I like the sound of that.  
From now on my nose doesnt run, snot doesnt come, eye doesnt cry, dont drool all over the damn place.
We are simply going through a "LEAKING PROCESS".
IP Logged

MJ
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 8:40am »

Nose/Eye run like fountains from the onset of most attacks, at least 90% of em'.  Every now and then they just don't during attacks that don't reach Kip5.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 12:45pm »

It happens at the onset for me -

Wheather its a Full blown attack or just some shadows. It is my indicator that some thing is about to happen Cry
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss