Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HAVE U EVER SEEN THIS TREND?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   HAVE U EVER SEEN THIS TREND??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HAVE U EVER SEEN THIS TREND??  (Read 699 times)
reddog758
New Board Newbie
Canada 

HAVE U EVER SEEN THIS TREND??
« on: Dec 10th, 2005, 11:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

HI this is my first time posting, I find this site and u guys great. Ive been an episodic ch guy for 15 years now and there is one trend I have found with myself that Ive never seen anyone talk about on here. Like most of you's I get a ch after a beer or 2. But in my case if I can manage to get  thru that and then get a  bunch down after that the benefit is besides being hungover I almost always never receive a hit until at least 3 days later. I'm just wondering what the connection might be and if anyone else can testify to the same experience?

Thanks
IP Logged
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

Re: HAVE U EVER SEEN THIS TREND??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 11:10pm »

Welcome to the board reddog. Interesting pattern you have with alcohol there, when I'm in cycle I'm guaranteed a hit in about 10 minutes after even the smallest bit of alcohol.  I just stay away from it while in cycle, the pain isn't worth it.
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 3:31am »

I think that it might have something to do with your age. When I was in my thirties I could drink anything without suffering any consequences. Now I am 51 and I can't even smell alcohol without getting a major hit/attack. The attacks that I now suffer from ( related to alcohol) are brutal...so it is water , water and more water for me. Good Luck........and LET'S GO RANGERS !!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
r_headache
New Board Junior
Germany 

Air Force Rocks!!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 4:44am »

I also have the same thing happen to me...two beers and guaranteed attack....four or more and no attack.  Very interesting.
IP Logged
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 5:09pm »

I can drink wine coolers, and not suffer,
but having mixed drinks is out for me...
not even a little peppermint schnapps in my hot-cocoa

sometimes jsut not havingthe headache can make  
me giddy enough to not need alcohol to have a greattime.  

TJ
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 6:57pm »

It may be a large consumption leave the blood vessels dialated for a couple of days so that you don't get the "constriction and expansion" effect that seems to happen during cluster attacks. There is a medication that works opposite of the vascular constricting medications. It is a maintenance med - maybe Methysergide? The idea is that it will keep blood vessels at more of a constant expanded state to prevent the cycle. I hear it can have some really nasty side effects though. Hangover and liver trouble down the road aren't too good either! I still enjoy a few drinks when not in cycle, but rarely tempt the beast while having attacks or even for quite a while after a cycle. Rich
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 8:07pm »

Actually, there was a similar thread about 18 months ago.  It seems that for some people rapid overindulgance brings hangover but no cluster, while minor indulgance brings the beast out in force.

Go figure ... I consider myself one lucky episodic clusterhead who (so far) isn't sensitive to alcohol.  I'd truly miss that daily medicinal glass of wine!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 10:20pm »

Yup. Similar thread.....many, over time. There are some folks that go for broke....no Sipping allowed....it's hammer Down on the alcohol front, and they do fine.

I've never been able to reach that state of nirvana. Maybe I should learn how to drink faster on an empty stomach (if that's possible.) Always lead to a Massive.......so far.

Beta testing is hard work.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss