Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 3:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Finally PF! But strange effect in my nose. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Finally PF! But strange effect in my nose.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Finally PF! But strange effect in my nose.  (Read 1358 times)
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

Finally PF! But strange effect in my nose.
« on: Dec 18th, 2005, 6:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well fellow sufferers.... I am out of the cycle!!!

14 weeks HA have finally come to an end. After a few false ends I think I am through now.  

Tmorrow I'll be completely pain free for 2 weeks. Did the alcohol test allready more then once.... means : lotsa parties!! hehe and NO hits at all.

My cycle ended suddenly after 1 morning of 2 short attacks which I aborted in 5/10 min. with O2.  The day after these last 2 attacks I didn't smoke cigarettes and the night following I had no attacks.  I don't know if there is a connection between a smoke free day and the end ?  Unfortunately I still smoke now but without attacks anymore.  So please try to stop a few days, maybe it helps for you as well.

Something strange is left tho. :Now and then I get a short intense (2-3 seconds only)hit in my nose like there is an overdose of pepper in it.  It hurts but is too short to really describe it as suffering.

Would it be something as an after effect of the cluster ?  I don't know, but had anybody of you experienced something similar ?

I really hope you also get out of it very soon.!!

Thanks for your support during this cluster, I really hope to stay out of it for a while.

Erik
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

Re: Finally PF! But strange effect in my nose.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 6:51pm »

sayyes that's great to hear your cycle is over.... not sure about the nose thing although I think I know what you're talking about.  I get all kinds of weird aches and pains but because I suffer other illnesses its hard to know what is CH related and what isn't.

Enjoy those pain free days.  Hope they last a long long time for you.  

Kate
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 8:11pm »

I call them "cluster twinges."  Kind of like shadows, but short, intense and more annoying than anthing.  Last cycle, I kept getting them for a couple of months.  Never led to anything, so I stopped worrying.  So should you.

Here's to the many PF days ahead!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
CHater
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I hope sex is not a trigger, hehe...

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 2:00am »

Thanks for the support Kate and Kris.

And you are right.... let's just enjoy the PF days. No more worries or looking over my shoulder if I am gonna be attacked.

By the way, it was my Chiropraktiker (Ostheopate) who got me out of my cycle after 2 treatments.
If you know someone like him, try it out!!!  No side effects and painless treatment, if it works with you it is the best cure to cut the cycle.

Take very much care and a lot of PF days !!!
IP Logged

It hurts..but relax and stay positive.
Our life isn't in danger by CH, only life-quality is somehow affected.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 6:21am »

Hey Great to hear it !!! I'm in the same boat as I think ( hope) that I am at the end. I get the same sensations of slight pangs in my nose and in my left temple area. I haven't taken the alcohol test yet, but in one more week I will.maybe........I see my Neurologist this morning at 10:30--NYC Time. Then I will discuss my 10th PF night/day. I do not want to get silly, because I'll never forgive myself if I ruin my, and my family's Christmas........hoping and praying for everyone to have a PF Holiday Season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 1:41pm »

I just came back from the doctor this morning and he said that the experience is very normal. He advised me to stay away from all the usual triggers and to continue taking my dosage of verapamil. I am now up to 720mg/day of verapamil. He also stated that the Verapamil is ok to take with the cycle ending. He checked my blood pressure first and he only gave me the ok to continue taking verap based my my individual blood pressure which was 140/75......In the past I would have lingering slight head tingles for up to a month. It feels like I was about to get a CH , but it was held at bay.Here's hoping PAIN-FREE status for all on this board !!!
IP Logged

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 7:40pm »

Scott - Congrats for being over the worse!

At that high a dose Verap, however, I hope your neuro will start tapering you off once you're sure the cycle has ended.  I only say that because after the cycle before last, I stayed on 360mg/day.  When my next cycle hit, I had to go higher than ever to get preventative relief.

After last cycle, I tapered off totally - took 5 months to do it without shadows returning.  Meantime, I had to start on a new med for my blood pressure.  My consolation is knowing that next cycle, the Verap should still be effective.

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 6:31am »

Thanks Kris-----I raised it yesterday and if you would believe it--I woke up with a minor one. This has happened before but this present cycle has been soooooo different from my previous ones that I am very guarded. Have a wonderful Holiday Season !!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss