Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « kudzu and triptan »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   kudzu and triptan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: kudzu and triptan  (Read 1446 times)
stevea
New Board Newbie
USA 

Glad CH.com exists!!

Email

kudzu and triptan
« on: Dec 16th, 2005, 9:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I got into a neuroligist today.  Kept being a pain in the ass calling every day to find out if there was a cancellation.  Anway, got off of the ergotamine and on relpax and inderal.  Had to take my first relpax this evening for my Kip 7 (nothing like the bitch of a Kip 10 I had on Wednesday).  My question is this, I started on kudzu but thought i might have seen something about not taking Kudzu and triptan together.  Anyone have any info about this, or can I take the two at the same time?  Can't swear the relpax worked tonight anyway.
IP Logged
Cinder
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: kudzu and triptan
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 9:20pm »

Steve,  

After I had my nerve Block, along with a nice break, my clusters started again so I Imediatly started on Kudzu with wounderful results so far.  

I also take Inderal 80mg, but I use Imitrex.

But I did read somewhere that mixing the two Kudzu and triptins was not a good idea, and then a few have stated It did not matter.

Do a little more research and decide for yourself.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: kudzu and triptan
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 10:49am »

Sorry I missed this, Steve.  
Here's what we know:
If you take kudzu within 2 hours of a triptan, the triptan will likely be ineffective. It doesn't appear that it's dangerous at all, it just counteracts the triptan.  
Hope that helped. Pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss