Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « AH!! My People!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   AH!! My People!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: AH!! My People!!!!  (Read 373 times)
MOOdyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

rudydog330

AH!! My People!!!!
« on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dealing w/ this for over a decade, although this is my first cycle in two years. The pain is worse than I remember. I'm going to the Doc on Monday to get some Verap(worked in the past), however, a neighbor gave me a percocet last night and it worked great....or did the CH just pass? Not sure. Is oxycodone an effective abort drug or does the addictive nature make this unrealistic for future CH?

Anyone
 Embarassed
IP Logged

MOO!
thomas

Email

Re: AH!! My People!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 12th, 2004, 8:26pm, MOOdyDog wrote:
. Is oxycodone an effective abort drug or does the addictive nature make this unrealistic for future CH?

Anyone
 Embarassed

I wouldn't use it my friend..... try zomig or amerge...... welcome aboard.
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:44pm »

Narcotics NOT good for CH.   The percocet probably didn't kick in until the HA was gone - ....  

Don't get yerself addicted to narcs, man - then you'll have TWO problems - and CH is enough

welcome home - stick around!

tina
IP Logged
MOOdyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

rudydog330

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 8:48pm »

You know, I normally wouldn't even THINK of taking a narcotic...especially one from a neighbor,however, last night I was willing to take ANYTHING to make the pain go away. Whew...glad he didn't bring me some CRACK!!! lol
IP Logged

MOO!
thomas

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:20pm »

on Feb 12th, 2004, 8:48pm, MOOdyDog wrote:
, last night I was willing to take ANYTHING to make the pain go away

We've all been there, bro.  You hang tough, and get some real ch meds....... alright?  We'll be here for ya.
IP Logged
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:24pm »

I've pain killers in the cabinet and know this is not the way.  Don't know why I keep them??  Maybe I'm scared one day I'd wished I had not thrown them away.

Treat the headache and not the pain.  

Good luck with the Doc Dog.

Steve G
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

.Re: AH!! My People!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 9:36pm »

Hmmmmmmmm, well first of all welcome.  Second, since I can't take triptans, I have to rely on something else.  I had percocet for this last cycle, but it is not the answer, get a good preventative.  Percocet might help some HAs but not others, plus you might get smacked around with some rebounds when you hit a peak.  Also you might discover, like some of us have, that the beast might end up liking narcotics and the HA will get worse and more frequent.  Good luck!
IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 11:19pm »

I agree withthe above on the percocet and the oxycodone.  They will just compound the problem without doing anything for it.  Get the Verap and I would suggest adding Lithium.  That cocktail is the only thing keeping me sane (?) right now.  Also, get some 02.  That is an abortive that has no side effects and is not addictive.  (Plus it's cheap if you check around.)

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 11:26pm »

Welcome to the board,

Lots of good information located in the links on the left.
You might do as Jerry said....and try to get 02 from your doc.  Check out the oxygen info link....print out anything there you think might help and take it with you to the doc.

Never hurts to be loaded with info.....especially if you have a doc uneducated in CH.

Let us know what you find out Monday.  

Sending you PF vibes......

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
don

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13th, 2004, 7:09am »

Narcs will mask the pain rather than abort it. If you have clusters you are probably having 3 + a day. Thats 3x per day you have to take a narcotic. Every day like this for the length of a cycle and you are in deep shit. You have a whole new beast to deal with.

There are good abortives out there. Research and read up on them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss