Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 12:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbee with years of clusters. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbee with years of clusters.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbee with years of clusters.  (Read 427 times)
jerry1975
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

newbee with years of clusters.
« on: Feb 25th, 2004, 2:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just found this site and glad I did. I've had cluster headaches for 15 years and just found out they are the chronic type.  Could not understand why nothing the doctors over the years prescribed over the years had helped and now learn that for the chronic type the usual treatments don't work.  Any suggestions?  I will be checking out the site for more information, any help will be appreciated.
IP Logged
J.ten_Dam
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

Re: newbee with years of clusters.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 3:04am »

Hi There Jerry,
What medication are you currently using?
When Verampamiel no longet worked for me and I had reached 960mg per day I took a med holliday. When I restarted Verampamiel started working again.
Several years later now I am still using Verampamiel 2 x 200 plus 12mg Melatonin at night. This has made a great chang for me. I am by no means pain free but I do get a break of 3 to 7 days and then have a bad patch and then a break. I am satisfid now and have no intention trying anything elce. (unless things change again).
Make sure you read all the information  under the buttons on the left hand side of this page.
Wish you PFDAN
IP Logged

wish you PFDAN
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 9:28pm »

I'm a little confused about what you are saying. Please help me understand.

on Feb 25th, 2004, 2:34am, jerry1975 wrote:
I've had cluster headaches for 15 years and just found out they are the chronic type.  The chronic type? Chronic is measured in time i.e. one year of headaches without a 2 week break. Has this been going on for 15 years with no breaks? Or does your doctor have a different definition for the word chronic?

Could not understand why nothing the doctors over the years prescribed over the years had helped and now learn that for the chronic type the usual treatments don't work.  I've been reading this board for a while now and don't remember different medicines for eposodics and chronics. Just the chronics take the meds forever.

Any suggestions?  
Possibly a second opinion from a neurologist that is knowledgable about clusters.

I will be checking out the site for more information, any help will be appreciated.

Stick around. While you're waiting for more people to post, click on the buttons on the left side of you screen and read, read, read.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2004, 9:30pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 3:07am »

Welcome aboard Jerry. If you stick around you will find good ideas and ways to deal with this horror. At least here you are dealing with people who understand that this is.

Here are a couple links that may be helpful. The first being a technique that worked for me:    

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/

This one is a letter written by a fellow sufferer that explains that this has nothing to do with what others think of as a “headache.“ Its author encourages copying. It’s well worth it:  

[url]"http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm" [/url]
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 12:35pm »

Hi Jerry,  

I notice you are from Redding, Ca. which is where I am from too.  It would be nice to know if the calOUCH brochures that I have distributed all over the city are what brought you here.  

Tell us more about yourself and check your E-mail.

Welcome

Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
amen
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 5:49pm »

I just want to say welcome, but sorry you have to be here.  Hope you find relief soon.
Andrea
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss