Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Living with this for 13 yrs. and still going. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Living with this for 13 yrs. and still going.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Living with this for 13 yrs. and still going.  (Read 332 times)
alone5min
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let's rock n' roll

Living with this for 13 yrs. and still going.
« on: Mar 5th, 2004, 11:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everyone,
I haven't surfed the internet about CH since the early 1990's and am happy a whole website has been devoted to fellow sufferers.  I'm currently in my episode phase for the year and am 3 weeks strong into the attacks.  So... no sleep,  and constantly on 'lookout' for the next grand event.  It seems the researchers are gaining ground on this affliction.  I've used the O2 therapy too and like all the other meds, I become resistant.  So,  just like you,  I'm still searching for my answer.  My latest 'try-me' is a med called Axert.  It aborts them if taken quickly but there's always that attack that catchs you offguard while u sleep.  I feel for all the sufferers here.  Keep your chin up
(or down during an attack), and keep on keeping on.

Lots of Love
IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

Re: Living with this for 13 yrs. and still going.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 11:24pm »

Glad you found us.  You will find this site to be very helpful both for information and most importantly for the ability to converse with others who know where you are coming from.  There has been a lot accomplished since 1990, but at the same time, not nearly enough.  Grab an oar and help us row.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
Belle
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Kiss Me You Fool!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 3:01pm »

Hey there Al.  Or wait I guess I shouldn't call ya Al cause it doesn't sound very feminine.  Well anyway.  Welcome to the group.  So glad that you've found something to help you through this cycle.  Stick around and do lots of reading and help us help others.  That's what we're all here for.

Hoping your days will soon be PF,

Belle
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Take the time to stop and smell the roses!
Mr.YL
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 10:04pm »

Sorry to hear your in the boat also,I like you surfed the net years ago for info and found nothing,,,,now look what we got..WOW...their may be hope yet with the new technology...Research...Research...Research.

Wishing you pain free sleep and PFDN ...Mr.YL
IP Logged

keep livin clean...
alone5min
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let's rock n' roll

« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 10:32pm »

Thanks for the posts Calli,Belle,MrYL.  Still getting hit 2x a day.  You know the time.  Right when getting to sleep and just before waking up.  All of it equals, NO SLEEP.
Wishing all of u 2 b painfree as can be.  I'm hanging in here.  Thanks for the welcome!
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 12:12am »

Hi Alone,

Welcome to the board.

You didn't mention what meds you have tried.  You might check some of the past posts about Melatonin.  It seems to work for quite a few here...and it's not expensive.  There are alot of home remedies used by alot of folks here.......read all you can.  Some of those just may work for you.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
alone5min
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let's rock n' roll

« Reply #6 on: Mar 9th, 2004, 11:09pm »

Thanks, Jean.  Tried melatonin.  No worky for me.    I've settled into a routine with these and since they won't go away for good,  I like keeping them where they are. (once a year for a month).  No need in waking a sleeping monster when he wakes up on his own.   I only take Axert during onset's with a cold wet washcloth, turn fan on high, rock and pace for an hour and it's over.  There isn't much I haven't tried except the mushrooms, and brain stimulation,  I'm waiting on the verdict. Grin  Thanks for your post and caring.
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 3:56pm »

Hey...Im on my cycle too..starts mid-feb...usually until end of march. Hang in there ok? Mine...I think....are starting to "peak" so to say. Instead of 1 a nite....its leaning towards 2 a nite. Be strong. Send those brainwaves to all the others..we're here too. And by the way....a real good feeling.....take a ziploc type bag and fill it with about 3 pounds of flour....keep it in the freezer.....feels good to me.  Good luck.......Jim
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
thomas

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey welcom aboard, couldn't help but notice your handle......... Does it by chance have anything to do with "Just 5 minutes, worm Your Honor, him and me alone........"?
IP Logged
alone5min
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let's rock n' roll

« Reply #9 on: Mar 13th, 2004, 10:45pm »

Thanks for the tip, Jim.  I haven't tried flour but have stuck my head in the freezer Grin   My cycle is declining.  I haven't had an full blown one in 2 days!!!    Just bumps in the nite.  I have to sit up, clear my onset and go back to sleep.  I'm emerging into the clear again.  Yippee!!!

Thomas,  the handle is just something I stumbled upon a few years back when I didn't get 5 minutes alone.   Are you referring to a song, or a quote?  Just curious.
IP Logged
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 12:26am »

welcome aboard alone5min

I sorry you are getting hit right now with the beast Cry

tari
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
Robert the.......
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I'm gona get that CH Beastie

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 5:48am »

Hello welcome sorry your being hit!

just to say welcome to the boards.

keep posting

Scott
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 8:11am »

Hello alone, if you haven't done so already, please click on this link--> http://www.clusterheadaches.org and click on "cluster help" and then "medications".  Also, welcome to the family, and I'm very sorry to hear of your pain.  We all understand what you're going through!  

Take care!
Smileymel
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 8:22am »

Thomas
Crazy.
Toys in the attic, I am crazy.
Truly gone fishing.
They must have taken my marbles away.

Love from Wendy

(alone 5 min, it's Pink Floyd. The Wall. The Trial)
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 8:51am »

Howdy alone,

OUCH, link on left, has chapters!

There is a Texas Chapter now forming and you're only about 3.5 hours from Dallas.  We just had a Texas Meet & Greet two weeks ago where clusterbuddies came from all around and met each other and shared stories, pain, hugs, etc.

Glad your cycle is declining and i'm waiting on a verdict too!

You will find lots of support, understanding and love here and a lil' bit of stomping on the beast!

Let me know if you're interested in the texas chapter!

pf 24/7 to ya and keep posting...oh, and ..

JOIN OUCH!!!!
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss