Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So... I'm not alone after all!? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So... I'm not alone after all!?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So... I'm not alone after all!?  (Read 354 times)
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

So... I'm not alone after all!?
« on: Mar 17th, 2004, 12:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
I'm freakin dying right now!
It's nothing new for me though. I'm 34 and have had them for almost 19 yrs. I think this is my 12th or 13th cycle.
I just want to say I'm sorry to all the chronics out there... Cry
I had no idea... My cycles are longer than average I think, but at least they end and I get a yr or 2 off...
Mine usually start slowly over about 2 months, then kick in with kip 5-10's maybe 10 times a week for 2 or 3 months and then a couple of months of 4 or 5 killers a day, finally ending with about a month of almost nonstop ch's of varying strength.
This time however the cycle is almost a yr old and I've just in the last week kicked into the serious pain all the time phase... I'm having what I call "four-bangers" about every 30 mins ( because they bang like hell for 4 mins), and 1-3 what I call "screamers" per day. I think that one's pretty self explanitory... They last 1-3 hours and make me wish to die. Cry
I just saw a Dr yesterday after reaching the point of having to do something. Previously the only thing that ever worked for me was Stadol NS, so I got him to reluctantly give me some...
I finally realized the connection with alcohol and weed yesterday ( Although I may have known that before and just forgot), so I quit drinking and have given up the occassional bong hit.
I'm drinking water like a drainage ditch, and I'm on the quest now to get a tank of O2.

All these years I've almost taken a perverse sense of pride in the fact that I've undergone pain the likes of which ordinary man does not know. Now I find all of you here... Hmmm, I guess I'm not so special... Shocked
I am comforted to know I'm not alone. Finally...
Thanks to all of you and your ever so valuable information and support! Smiley

Chris
IP Logged

Chris
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: So... I'm not alone after all!?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 3:31am »

Welcome aboard.... Grin

tina Kiss

IP Logged
Belle
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Kiss Me You Fool!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 12:27pm »

Hey there Chris!

Welcome to the group.  Sorry you've been in so much pain but I'm glad that you have found us to help you through this rough time.  So sit back, relax and try and take in as much as you can and share your experiences with us.  We are all learning new things all the time.

Wishing you PF days soon!

Belle
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Take the time to stop and smell the roses!
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 12:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Chris

Welcome to the world of clusterheads.
Wow! 19 years with none of the right treatments!
You must be a toughie. I couldn't have lasted 19 weeks.

Stadol is a painkiller isn't it? I'm amazed it worked at all.
Go for the 02, much better for you than taking narcotics or painkillers, which don't usually work anyway.

The other thing as I'm sure you know is Imitrex/Imigran, which I carry with me as my 'portable' oxygen is only really portable if you are a weight lifter!
With both of those, I feel I can handle anything.

Good luck getting the 02

Another thought too, your cycles seem pretty damn severe to me. Have you considered preventives e.g. Verapimil?

Wendy
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2004, 12:41pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 3:17pm »

Chris...Get the doctor to get you O2..at least try it. Ive gone almost 20=some years...and finallly found the joy of oxygen...and for me IT WORKS! I have a concentrator...and a tank...use the concentrator all night long up my nose....just got it last friday. Lemme tell ya...Ive finally slept all night long since they came back Feb 18th.  Good Luck buddy!     Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 3:53pm »

I haven't had any luck with preventatives. Imitrex made me feel like I was choking.
The doc I just went to wants records from my cat scans from 15 yrs ago before he will even give me O2. Fucking dickhead... I could understand his concern about the stadol. And no it doesn't really work very well anymore, but it used to.
But I can't believe he's giving me grief about oxygen! Angry

So it looks like I'm doctor hunting again. This joker knows as much about ch as changing the oil in his mercedes.
IP Logged

Chris
Mr.YL
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 9:39pm »

This joker knows as much about ch as changing the oil in his mercedes.  
rotflol...know were your comin from...get your o2 asap.
Mr.YL Wink
IP Logged

keep livin clean...
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 10:47pm »

on Mar 17th, 2004, 12:27am, Superpain wrote:
All these years I've almost taken a perverse sense of pride in the fact that I've undergone pain the likes of which ordinary man does not know. Now I find all of you here... Hmmm, I guess I'm not so special... Shocked
I am comforted to know I'm not alone. Finally...
Thanks to all of you and your ever so valuable information and support! Smiley

Chris

Hi Chris, and yes, isn't it wonderful to find out you're not alone. For me, it's probably worth as much as all the valuable information available here.

Read up and get that O2 pronto. Even if O2 doesn't work, I'm confident you will find relief here. From what I've read, there isn't a single person coming here who hasn't been helped in their quest for relief. Even if it's nothing more than the knowledge that you are not alone.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18th, 2004, 4:52pm »

Yes... now you are no more alone! This place will help you to efford with more strenght your beast... WELCOME!!!  Hope things are getting better for you every day. Zaira Wink
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18th, 2004, 10:17pm »

Chris, you will never be alone here...

Did you get your O2 yet?

Dump the painkillers, they don't do shit (this from a guy who spent 15 years taking pain killers like candy since the damn docs didn't know what a CH was) and get you some O2 and a good neuro.

Grab an oar and help us row

Rick
IP Logged

episodic since 1969........damn
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #10 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 12:18am »

on Mar 18th, 2004, 10:17pm, Rick_K wrote:
Chris, you will never be alone here...

Did you get your O2 yet?

Dump the painkillers, they don't do shit (this from a guy who spent 15 years taking pain killers like candy since the damn docs didn't know what a CH was) and get you some O2 and a good neuro.

Grab an oar and help us row

Rick

Everything but the O2 and the mask. I mistakenly left the shop with an empty bottle.
I'll have that in the morning. And hopefully a new friend can help me with a mask. And finding the right doc.

Damn... I didn't know I had to buy an oar too! Alright, I'll pick that up tomorrow too! Grin
IP Logged

Chris
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #11 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 5:29am »

Warm welcome to CH world! Smiley
When you're here, you're never alone!

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss