Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Years now and I finally found this site »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Years now and I finally found this site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Years now and I finally found this site  (Read 310 times)
bucky0w
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Years now and I finally found this site
« on: Mar 17th, 2004, 4:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've done it all; from trying to hurl myself off of balconies to land 'headFirst to release it' to calling people up w/ messages of doom and not remembering it.  

I have not taken any medication as my attacks come once or twice a year. However I'm curious about preventative treatments other than water (I consume 1 to 1.5 gallons a day) perhaps some clues??
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

Re: Years now and I finally found this site
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 5:52am »

Hi,  buck0w, welcome aboard.

The first preventative prescribed is usually verapamil.  There are many others to be used alone or in combination.  Lithium, melatonin, and psilocybin have also helped a lot of people.  Explore the medication link to the left and the information in the "library" section on the OUCH website (also linked to on the left).

Do you get one or two attacks a year or one or two clusters of attacks a year?  A lot of episodics only take preventatives when they are in cycle.  

If I only got one or two attacks a year, I wouldn't take preventatives at all but would be sure to have Imitrex injections and a small tank of 02 on hand as abortives to take care of the  attacks and not have to take pills every day.  

1.5 gallons is a LOT of water.  I've never been able to force myself to drink even a gallon.

There was a man who had itchy skin all of the time.  His dermatologist gave him some giant tablets and said, "Here, take these once a day in a hot bath.   Should take care of your problem within a few days."

Two weeks later, the man goes back for a follow-up appointment.  The dermatologist asks him how he's doing with the treatment.
The man replies, "Well, it doesn't itch anymore, but I'm having a hard time drinking all that water before it starts to cool off."
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
bucky0w
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 3:08pm »

One or two clusters a year--usually spaced in a 2 week period.  

Yeah, It's a lot of water. It's like an addiction now, I get a great rush from it; my 'Water high'.

I'm looking into the meds and am amazed at all of the different treatments. No doctor has ever taken me seriously on this. I'm just coming out of a week full of attacks and a friend sent me a link to this sight(she started researching b/c shed never heard of  clusters). It was my worst yet and there were times when I thought an artery in my skull was rupturing. Talking about it makes me nervous . . . I always feel on just over the horizon of my left eye waiting for its moment.

Thanks for the reply
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2004, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome home, there is a lot of info, even in the archives.  If you ever have a question, I'm usually around.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss