Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Here I am »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Here I am
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Here I am  (Read 267 times)
Jerry_b
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Here I am
« on: Apr 10th, 2004, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Second night in a row the beastie has arrived about an hour after I it the bed. I recently had some howlers rununing four to six hours, in the middle of the day, a few days apart.  I'm sixty-three, so it's rare for them to start on somebody this late.  However, the pain is familiar, so I may have had them before.  I'm taking prednesone for the ch;  I'm already on Verapramil for blood pressure and Elivil for leg cramps.

I just got some tonic water and a high-powered exedrin.  It seems to be turning me loose, now.  

The attacks leave me with my sense of humor intact(well, maybe a little more sarcastic). http://www.clusterheadaches.com/public_html/  That could be dangerous.  I also notice I can't type.  Yeah, it seems like it's left, now
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/public_html/yabbimages/smileys/cool.gif
G'nite, all. I'm going back to bed.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Here I am
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10th, 2004, 7:31am »

Don't be discouraged if the Pred doesn't break this cycle; you may have to run another found with a higher starting dose. I've seen recommended starting doses ranging from 10 to 100mg.

The Verap for BP may not be at as high a dose as is needed to preven CH. Not unusual for folks to need 400+/mg.

An old treatment for night time attacks still works: take one Ergomar about one-hour before bed. It often prevents them.  

I agree, new CH at your age is unusual. I hope you had a good work-up to rule out other disorders which can be masked and appears to be CH.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10th, 2004, 12:36pm »

Jerry, welcome to Clusterville.

Is this your very first cycle? 63 does seem unusual, but then, just about everything about this affliction is unusual.

Read up here, and I would encourage you to try o2 as an abortive. Even if you've tried it before, check out the o2 info button to the left and make sure you've been using it correctly. There is a difference between correct and incorrect use, I know, it happened to me.

Glad your sense of humor remains intact. Let us know how you're doing.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
Jerry_b
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10th, 2004, 4:40pm »

Strange question: I've had a recomendation of chelated magnesium for ch. Haven't seen it mentioned here.  Anybody heard of it?

Huh
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 2:09am »

Yup!  It has been discussed here.  A few have had success with it, but for most of us, no go.  But if it works for you, GREAT!!!  You would be surprised at what some of us have tried!  Magnets to your head, garlic in your belly button  (boy did that feel strange!) (of course, not saying I tried it, mind you!)

Seriously, though, a few have had some level of success with it.  Try it.  Just make sure your doctor is aware of what you are trying.  If your doctor does not want you to try some of these over the counter type things, maybe it is time to find another doctor that will work WITH you in finding releif.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2004, 4:26am »

I've been taking 250 mg of magnesium a day for almost 2 weeks. Which is a day before I started the pred taper and verapamil, so I'm not sure it has anything to do with it, but I'm going on a week painfree, so I know it's not hurting...
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss