Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello  (Read 305 times)
HeadacheQueen

Email

Hello
« on: Apr 26th, 2004, 6:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I tried to do this last night,  and it said my message was too long and then deleted the whole thing,  so I am trying again now.

My name is Alicia,  and i am 25 years old and have suffered from clusters since I was 21.  Its the usual,  blinding stabbing pain that starts in the left temple and drives me mad,  the only difference is mine isn't an ice pick,  its a railroad spike.  I was diagnosed 3 years ago,  by my nuerologist and after my CAT scan.  (I had told my other doctor that a bullet to the head would feel better than my headaches,  I think I scared him).  But I was diagnosed with severe tension headaches,  migraines and cluster headaches.  He was sure to stress the word SEVERE,  like i couldn't figure that much out on my own.  I get my tensions and migraines from my mother,  and my clusters from my dad,  altho his are very mild in comparision.  He gets one and goes to sleep for 5 minutes and its gone.  My longest stretch was 5 months...  I get one headache and it triggers the others so  I have this neverending cycle of headaches.  Even when the clusters fade,  I have a migraine anyway so I can't tell where one stops and the others begin.  Its enough to drive a person mad.

So I was put on Topomax to try to control them all,  and that worked great for the two months I was able to take it,  minus the side effects.  I went 2 years without any headaches too,  but then things got a bit stressful in life and the tension headaches started.  I suppose it was inevitable that the others would come back too.  I had my first cluster in 3 years last night,  and I've had one trying to sneak up on me today.  I've been lucky,  they are mild so far,  but I know soon enough I will be in blinding pain.  I'm just glad that I will be getting health insurance in the next few weeks.

So well,  I guess that's the basics.  I thought it might be nice to come here and get some help,  as well as offer any help and suggestions i can for those who suffer as well.  Thanks for listening!
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26th, 2004, 7:48pm »

First off, let me say hello and welcome to ch.com HeadacheQueen.  Secondly, I am very sorry to hear of all the pain you've been suffering from, it is very tragic to suffer from clusters to begin with, in addition to ofhter headaches on top.  Have you researched the site yet?  Click on all the buttons to the left of your screen, and do lots of reading to become more educated on clusters and related info.  All in all, I hope that your neuro is reliable and educated, and helps you in anyway they can with your condition(s).    

Thirdly,  
Quote:
and my clusters from my dad,  altho his are very mild in comparision.  He gets one and goes to sleep for 5 minutes and its gone

I'm sorry, but this does not describe cluster headaches at all.  There is no way I, or any other sufferer I can think of, can "go to sleep" while in the midst of a cluster attack.  Perhaps he has something else...

Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck to you!  

Smileymel  
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2004, 7:49pm by Melissa » IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26th, 2004, 9:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Alicia,

Hi and welcome.  I'm so sorry about your pain.  But I just HAD to chuckle when you said they stressed the word "sever" when talking about your pain.  The doctor that gave me my first shot of imitrex for what was then diagnosed migraine corrected my then husband when he asked.  

Hubby:  You sure this is a migraine?

Doc:  Well I'd have to diagnose these as Massive Migraine...  

I was believing that for 13 years....I'm sorry but it just made me chuckle
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26th, 2004, 10:10pm »

on Apr 26th, 2004, 6:40pm, HeadacheQueen wrote:
 He gets one and goes to sleep for 5 minutes and its gone.

NOT CLUSTERS

on Apr 26th, 2004, 6:40pm, HeadacheQueen wrote:
 Even when the clusters fade,  I have a migraine anyway so I can't tell where one stops and the others begin. 

The rest of us can tell. Clusters are much different than a migraine !

Hope you find some answers and some relief !

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
HeadacheQueen

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 1:43am »

Well,  when you're head feels like its on fire and is going to explode out of your left temple all the time,  its kinda hard to distinguish anything let alone one headache from another.  I agree that my clusters are very different from a migraine,  but who can tell what's what when your head hurts so much?  They all blur together...  all I feel is constant stabbing pain.  They feed off each other until I just want to die.

Yes,  my dad's are very mild,  and also he has a sleeping disorder and can sleep thru anything.  As for me,  there is no way I can sleep with a cluster at all,  no,  I spend my nights crying and screaming,  punching myself in the head,  threatening to throw myself out a window unless someone or something makes it stop immediatly.  I usually just sit or lay somewhere rocking myself violently and cry.  Its sad when you welcome a migraine,  as long as a cluster doesn't come with it.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 7:24pm »

Welcome and I'm sorry you have do deal with such severe headaches. I sincerely hope what you have are not clusters. One sure way for me to tell is that clusters will wake you out of a sound sleep and when getting hit, you cannot sit still or rest. That just isn't in the cards.  

Let us know how you are doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 7:41pm »

Welcome to the board.

We're not trying to insult you but I agree with Unsolved, your Dad doesn't have clusters.  There's no such thing as "mild clusters".   If he's got "mild" headaches, they are some other kind of headache (there's SO many out there).

But please don't think we're trying to chase you away....some of us (including me) tend to be brutally to-the-point.  What other meds have you tried?  

Have you gotten some O2 for youself?  That is a must-have!

Virginia
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 10:33pm »

Welcome to the board.

Tons of info here.  You need to take the time and read..read..read.

Hope you get what you need to handle the beast.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 5:10am »

Hi Alicia! Welcome!

Tell us about your preventative and abortive meds and techniques and we might be able to steer you towards help.

Sorry, but I had to laugh at the "severe clusters" myself... laugh
I suppose there are different degree's to which different people suffer. And maybe I'm biased because my last cycle went for about 2 yrs that peaked out at about 20 headaches a day that absolutely fucking KILLED me... But clusters by defintion are SEVERE!
Kinda like saying you have extremely red blood.

Does this doc deal with many ch cases?
I agree that your dad did not/does not have clusters... No way.

Ever tried xanax for the tension headaches? It's pretty hard to get tense with xanax... Cheesy

Seriously, read up and arm yourself with all the knowledge of this site and you'll be much closer to relief.
And we're here for you! Wink
IP Logged

Chris
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

« Reply #9 on: Apr 30th, 2004, 5:07am »

yea my name is eddie im new to the site i know i  
just found what the beast was but i have this crap  
chronic a while now im reading this place like crazy yea
i went to the er the other night got 3 shots of tordal
or somthing it didnt work told them this was ch they  
looked it up gave me some o2 / 20 mins i started to  
smile 3 days later here i sit with it trying to sneak  
back in next week i go to the neruo i have 3 xanax
and i still cant go to sleep for my head throbbing  
have no tension right now but the demon is back
cant wait to get some o2 / i mean this has been
chonic for years / but im so glad i found this site
i am electrician of 21 yrs should get my neruo to
say im disabled right now cause working 277/480
live is not safe for me right now i know this my head
hurts so BAD i cant focus but after i get this to
ease off some i want to get back to work.  
PLEASE REPLY ET  

IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Apr 30th, 2004, 9:13pm »

aww, Eddie....the beast is really messsing with yer life!  I really hate that!!  And, yes, it is very important that you have a clear head when you are working with live elect....I'm sure you know.....ya gotta read, read, read, man!!  There are plenty of tips there for you...and ask questions!!!!  This is  a great group with a LOT of info for you!! Most of all, here is where you will find support, encouragement, and the occasional laugh, jsut when ya need it most..
Sorry you need Clusterville, but glad you're here...get cozy...
Be PF, Eddie!
cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: May 1st, 2004, 7:02am »

Welcome Eddie and I'm sorry you have to deal with this horror. You will find a lot of good ideas for dealing wiith clusters and support here.  You might try very vigorous exercise when getting hit. It has worked for some. Also, if they wake you up, I found I had fewer nocturnal hits when I slept in a recliner.  

Here is a link to a technique that worked for me:

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss