Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 12:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Commonality »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Commonality
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Commonality  (Read 335 times)
Tall_Guy
New Board Newbie

Email

Commonality
« on: Apr 20th, 2004, 12:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Being an outsider - prior to knowing of this site - I've gone through all the mental games to get through the episodes.  It's amazing to me, while reading some of these posts, how so many of us do & think the same things...

From home treatments, showers, ice packs (this series, putting an ice pack across my nose & eyes, inhaling cool air through my nose & exhaling through my mouth seems to be working - thank god), drinking water, changing diets, putting pressure on our eyes & temples, beating our head against the floor, pacing, curling up in a ball, sticking my head in the freezer...you name it, I've probably tried it.

Mental games of counting the minutes, hoping against hope that it will be a mild one & doesn't escalate & when it does, trying to calculate about how long it might be before it ends...hoping it's one of the shortest duration CHs you've had & praying it won't be as long as your worst.  And constantly trying to tell yourself you're strong enough to make it through.

To managing your life around the potential of a CH episode - always bringing meds with you - in the car, work, traveling.  Trying to figure out if an episode has ended yet - "is it safe to have a beer?".  Trying to manage your daily life schedule around the potential for another attack.

Thanks to all for confirming for me that I'm not a paranoid whacko.  
IP Logged

Endeavor to persevere
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

Re: Commonality
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20th, 2004, 12:16am »

Welcome Tall_Guy. You sound like a real clusterhead ... one of the family. Stick around !

PF Wishes

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
bubbarube
New Board Newbie
USA 

Just Hanging In Here

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2004, 12:21am »

Yall_Guy, Hello Im new to this site also, my husband is the one with the CH's he has had them for 20 of our 26 years of marriage. It is so wierd to here all of you describe all the things he has done, hoping to get just a little relief. It is so funny you mentioned having a beer. He said to heck with it this time and decided to drink any way. It had worked till the last few times and boom 2 beers and CH!!!!! Hope what your doing continues to help you. Are you on any med.? If so what? How long have you had them? Are you chronic or episotic? If there is any thing I can do to help, {if just a little} let me know. I know it sure helps to get on here and read up on what other people have tried, what seems to work and what dont! Well going to bed now going to try to sleep an hour or so before were back up with yet another one.
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 9:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey welcome aboard Tall_Guy. Grin

thomas A.K.A. (short guy)
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 9:52am »

It's to bad we all had to learn the home treatments the hard way. By trial and error.

Welcome to the board.

BobG (aka: the short-fat-bald-wrinkled guy)
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
welshdan
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 9:54am »

U R right Tall guy.  Its so reassuring Smiley
Welcome aboard.  I'm a newbie too.
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 10:33am »

Welcome to the MB Tall Guy and no you're not a paranoid whacko. I know exactly what you mean about managing your life around these things, it can suck pretty bad.
I see you are a neighbor of mine as I'm also in St Louis.
If you ever get the urge to meet another clusterhead drop me a line and maybe we can get together and share some war stories.

Jim

IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
thomas

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 10:49am »

on Apr 21st, 2004, 10:33am, JDH wrote:

I see you are a neighbor of mine as I'm also in St Louis.
If you ever get the urge to meet another clusterhead drop me a line and maybe we can get together and share some war stories.
Man, Tall_Guy, don't pass up that invite, Jim and his wife are awesome.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 10:59am »

Tall-Guy,

Yes I think every sufferer has repeatedly, especially before getting a diagnosis correctly, tried in vain to negotiate with the pain.  To bargain with the devil so to speak.  Any thing to try to distract ourselves.  Whatever works.  Trust me when I say there is a great wealth of of knowlege and support here.  And if you haven't been told before, READ READ READ.  The archives remain here for just that reason.  The more we educate ourselves the better we can take that infomation back to our treating MD's and find something that works for ourselves.  Some can take and tolerate some meds without awful side effects while others can't.  Some simply don't work for some while they provide relief for others as you know.  It's a an educated game of trial and error.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Tall_Guy
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 11:12pm »

Thanks to all for the reassurances.  I'm taking my family to Disney beginning this weekend.  I'm overdue for this episode to end -  I hope it happens before we leave...

Jim - I'm a newbie to both this site & St. Louis.  I'll drop you a line
IP Logged

Endeavor to persevere
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 22nd, 2004, 2:01pm »

on Apr 21st, 2004, 11:12pm, Tall_Guy wrote:

Jim - I'm a newbie to both this site & St. Louis.  I'll drop you a line

Please do that Tall Guy.  
It's always good to meet other clusterheads.  
Also, hope you have a nice PF time @ Disney.

Jim  

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2004, 2:02pm by JDH » IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Mr.YL
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 25th, 2004, 11:20pm »

Hay Tall Guy...
Yup sounds like me when I got here and before...not to far away. Mr. YL
PFDAN2U
IP Logged

keep livin clean...
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 30th, 2004, 2:09pm »

Welcome, Tall_Guy! And no, you aren't a freak. Sorry for the circumstances that bring us together here, but I'm glad you found us.

-Frank (aka. Crazy-assed incorrigable Jeepaholic) Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss