Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HI from BALTIMORE »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   HI from BALTIMORE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HI from BALTIMORE  (Read 198 times)
daffyswacky
New Board Junior
USA 

Do the voices in my head scare you?

smileyhearts29   smileyhearts29
Email

HI from BALTIMORE
« on: Apr 28th, 2004, 9:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Blue][/color][i][/i]
i am new to this site so if i posted this in the wrong place..sorry to all.... i was diagnosed today with these "cluster headaches" i really am not sure yet if i am relieved that its not a brain tumor....i have only been suffering(hah..only) for about 4 weeks and i feel as if death would be a blessing sometimes...but now that we know what it is there may be some light at the end of that  tunnel but i aint lookin yet..anyway just wanted to say hey...feel free to drop me a line or an IM...ice picks, screwdrivers and rr ties beware..... Grin
IP Logged

If you're not living on the edge...you're taking up too much space
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: HI from BALTIMORE
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 10:28pm »

Welcome to Clusterville.

You didn't mention if you take any meds for your CH.

Check out the links on the left.  Good info there.

Check out the posts on Melatonin.  It's cheap and you can buy it OTC.  Works for alot of us here.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 12:17am »

Welcome daffyswacky,
 I can relate to the brain tumor/cluster concern. Cluster headaches suck to say the least but we survive. This board has saved lives.
  Alot of reading and learning to be had here and besides,we need more people from Baltimore. Cool
 Take it easy,
...Mark..
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 1st, 2004, 6:54am »

Welcome aboard and we've all been there wondering which would be better: Something fatal or this horror. I chose the headaches. Not fatal appealed to me.

Mine were episodic, lasting for about a month, twice a year, about 4 or 5 times a day and usually 20 minutes.  The beta-blocker: Inderal, worked for me but not many here have had success with it.  

If you haven't tried very vigorous exercise when getting hit, I suggest you do. It works for some.  Try sleeping in a recliner if you have nocturnal attacks. I had fewer when I did so.  Here is a link to the technique that worked so well for me:

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/

Good luck and let us know how you're getting along.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #4 on: May 3rd, 2004, 6:55am »

Welcome aboard !  I use Imitrex shots and O2 to abort the headaches when in cycle.  My doc was great and got me them both fairly quickly after being diagnosed.  They also put me on verapamil right away as a preventative.  Ask your doc for something to help you abort the headaches right away.  

Good luck !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss