Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbie here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbie here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbie here  (Read 231 times)
NatJaMari

Email

newbie here
« on: May 4th, 2004, 5:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well, as i have not been dx specifically w/ cluster headaches i was reading something the other day and was like "hey that sounds like me...not quite as extreme but still like me none-the-less" so a friend at another board told me about this site so i'm here to check it out!  Wink  
and i read the thing about water x3 and i would have to say that they must be onto something...i suffer from several types of headaches (of which i often have more than one at a time) and during my pregnancy i totally beefed up on water and the only headaches that i had were directly related to my problem child of a vertebrae in my neck...so i think i'll try and start doing that again...even though i'm not so big on having to go to the bathroom everytime i turn around.   Undecided
i read some of the testimonials on the 1st page and wow...i realized that despite the fact that i've had pretty much a headache a day for the past 15 years (exluding most of my pregnancy) i don't have it nearly as bad as some of you!!!  as far as i understand cluster headaches (and i could be totally wrong...i may have some other funky headache type) but mine feel as though someone has taken an ax, set it on top of my head, and then out of no where decides to put all their weight onto the ax...i admittable "pull away" from the pain...not that it helps any but it's a reflex...and it's like that for awhile (only several minutes not hours thankfully) during which sometimes it messes w/ the eye on that side of my head...and then just as fast as it came it is gone...the worst is when i get these while driving...talk about a hazard!!!! Embarassed
i am also blessed that i don't have these what i would consider often...others may consider it often but i don't when i compare it to the other types of headaches that i have...which i have almost everyday...so the fact that i have these maybe once or twice a month (sometimes more sometimes less) is very infrequent to me... Grin
well, i need to go and make myself useful and make some dinner! Smiley

NatJaMari
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2004, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome to the board.  It doesn't really sound like a cluster headache to me, but you can take the quiz provided for cluster headaches (see button on the left hand side).  

Whatever it is you have ...... I hope you find some pain free moments.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 5th, 2004, 2:58am »

Welcome aboard and sorry if you have to deal with this horror. One way to tell is that clusters will wake you out of a sound sleep and a person suffering a cluster attack won't be able to sit still. Resting is not an option during a cluster attack.  

Let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2004, 10:00am »

welcome!! Smiley
IP Logged
NatJaMari

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2004, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well, i took the 30 question test...it was inconclusive...i guess i should try and take it for each differnt type of headache and see what it says...however, despite the fact that i do have some of the ch characteristics i don't think mine are severe enough (i have an off the charts tolerance for pain...so despite the fact that what may feel like "kill me now" to someone else only feels like "i reallly REALLY hurt right now" to me i still don't think it's as severe) to be a ch so i guess that means that i should not be invading your board!  Wink  
thanks for those that have posted and i appreciate your adivce and welcome...i'll be signing off for good...unless sadly in the future i trully am dx w/ ch...i wish you all the best of luck and hope that you'll be able to find what works for you...good luck!!!

NatJaMari
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss