Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Please Help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Please Help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Please Help  (Read 391 times)
myfrickinghead
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Please Help
« on: Apr 16th, 2004, 11:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello my name is Robi, I've had Cluster Headaches for over 2 years now, my last remission was for 7 months (complete heaven), after an infussion of Depokan and Prednisone. I had an allergic reaction to the Depokan, but it warded the pain off for 7months and now they are back. Does anyone have information on obtaining legal Imitrex Injections at reduced cost?? Thanks to these wonderful headaches, I lost my job (NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY) Smiley and insurance. Would appreciate any information.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, MY NEW FAMILY!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2004, 3:04am by myfrickinghead » IP Logged
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 12:20am »

Hi Robi,
I dont know about the drugs but the oxygen might help you. Check it out. I used it with some success this time and others swear by it. There are lots of people here who can help you.
Joe
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 12:56pm »

Robi,

I lost my job too when this started, and have no insurance either.  I got my initrex injections as samples and tomorrow I have an appointment with the gal at the hospital here that runs the medical assistance program to get my meds free threw.  Check and see if your hospital has the same thing.  Can't get oxygen threw this so I'm sorta stuck with the imitrex...but once I'm back to work even if it's part time with no Ins. I can maybe afford it myself then, who knows.  It's something to look into...but ask your doc to get you samples if he/she can till you can get the info you need.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 6:48pm »

Robi...definitely look into the Oxygen info to the left side...works wonders...alot of us swear by it. If you cant get a script for it...just get some from a welders supply place...get a regulator...and a non-rebreather mask...which are available....some are even on e-bay.  But look around here on this site first...and remember.....all the help you need...you're gonna find right here ok buddy?   Good Luck...Luke
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20th, 2004, 12:30am »

I get ALL of my Imitrex as samples (thank god). I've used an average of 3 a day FOR YEARS. If you can't get samples (or even if you can), maybe you should look into patient assistance programs

Start HERE

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 2:22am »

Welcome aboard. You'll find good ideas and support here. Here are two links I found very useful:

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/

http://www.ouch-uk.org/ch/note_colleagues.cfm

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 8:45am »

Look at: www.LePharmacy.com

My brother and I have been getting our Rx from this Canadian firm for 2-years and have found them to be ethical and give good service.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #7 on: May 2nd, 2004, 6:47pm »

Hey Robi Try Here!!

http://www.freemedicineprogram.com/

Good Luck

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #8 on: May 3rd, 2004, 7:01am »

Another thing you may want to consider to help cut down on costs is trying a "half does" of the Imitrex at a time.  See the "imitrex tip" button to the left.  You get two for the price of one using this !  

Good luck !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 3rd, 2004, 11:00pm »

Welcome.

Wishing you luck with your med search.  You can get coupons for Imitrex at their website.  Otherwise, looks like you have been given alot of good advice already.

And to any of you not in cycle...stock up on meds if you have insurance and a script.  You never know when you may need them and can't afford them.

stockpiling....Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss