Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 1:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie from Ohio »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Newbie from Ohio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie from Ohio  (Read 238 times)
EyeHurtOhio
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Newbie from Ohio
« on: May 11th, 2004, 8:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sure happy to have found this site! I'm a 42 year old male (Tom) from Eastern Ohio. Currently suffering my third CH cycle since fall of 98.  Currently using Imitrex pills and on a Prednisone (sp) taper as of yesterday. O2 is on the way and appoint. with Neuro in the works.  Friday was a REAL bad day for me. I suffered a Crushing CH at work and my co-workers and Supervisor freaked out and called a ambulance on me! So a day after my b/day and at the age of 42 i got my first ambulance ride lol. Yesterday i went to my Doc (super guy) armed with alot of info from this site and he pretty much prescribed me anything i asked for.  If anyone is local to Wheeling WV, and looking for a Wonderful and CARING Doctor let me know.

Anyways you all seem like a great bunch of people and i look forward to learning as much as possible and sharing any info that i may have  Smiley

Tom

IP Logged
miCHel
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

Re: Newbie from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2004, 11:10am »

Welcome aboard Tom!

Sorry you have to be here but you are certainly at the right place.  Looks like you have yourself a very open and cool doctor.  Stick with him and do try to find the cocktail that will work best for you.  Hopefully, O2 will do the job.

I didn't see a mention of Imitrex shots.  Have you ever tried that?  It does miracles for a lot of us around here.

Anyway, stick around and let us know how you're doing.

miCHel

IP Logged

Good one Scotty! Now beam down my clothes...
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #2 on: May 11th, 2004, 3:33pm »

Hello fellow Buckeye....although I currently reside in California, my clusters started back in 1982 when I lived in Columbus and was attending college in Tiffin Ohio. This is a great site with caring and knowledgable people.
    I don't know much about docs in S.E. Ohio but I'm sure through myself and the folks on this board we can help you find one. Feel free to send me a private message whenever you want.
IP Logged

Clusterheads are a rare breed.
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 11th, 2004, 3:44pm »

Hello Eye,

If you're using imitrex, try the stat dose injections.  They will work on me in less than 5 minutes.  The pills take too long.  Also, give melatonin a try.....find the old links here at CH.com for information.

I'm happy you have found a good doctor--they're hard to come by.

John
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #4 on: May 11th, 2004, 4:47pm »

on May 11th, 2004, 8:37am, EyeHurtOhio wrote:
my co-workers and Supervisor freaked out and called a ambulance on me!    Smiley

Tom

I hate it when that happens.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

katethecelt
New Board Veteran
USA 

katethecelt  
Email

« Reply #5 on: May 11th, 2004, 9:49pm »

Welcome Tom!

There are a great group of people here.  This board has been a life save for me.

I hope you get the Imitrex injections.  The pills were a waste of time and money for me.  Make sure and read the imitrex tip info.  

Are you taking any preventatives now?  It's important.

Feel free to send me an IM if you have any questions or just need to vent.

Kate
IP Logged
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 11th, 2004, 10:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Tom,

Your tale of CHs is hauntingly similar to mine. Sounds like you are an official member of this special club where membership is granted upon having an ambulance called at work-incident!

Sounds  like you are taking good steps with oxygen and Prednisone. Good start. I also question the use of Imitrex pills, which for me were useless. Injecting is the only way. Get a Stat-Dose Pen kit. Instead of pills. You may be surprised.

-Scott
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #7 on: May 13th, 2004, 5:10am »

on May 11th, 2004, 4:47pm, echo wrote:

I hate it when that happens.

Well... At least they take him seriously and give a shit!
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss