Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to Board »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to Board
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to Board  (Read 279 times)
peter K
New Board Newbie

Email

New to Board
« on: May 11th, 2004, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all

Clusterhead for 8 years now, started at 29 years old. Beast is here with me now. Get then twice a year,6-8 weeks a time. What can I say that you all know by now. Tried many drugs with little results. My pleasure now is topamax, verap. and imitrex nasal spray. So far, this is the best combo but still looking for better. Neur. won't give me oxygen due to me smoking but will try to convince her at next appt. Been trying to quit smoking hopefully that might change her mind.(Been on the patch for a couple of weeks) My company switched insurance company(have Tufts now) they are only giving me 6 sprays for 30 days(they said no one has that many headaches in one month) I need 1 to 2 sprays a day. I had no problems with Harvard Pilgram. My Dr. is writing a letter to them hopefully I hear from them soon. I can not afford to pay from them myself. For the first time on Saturday, I actually cried the pain was so bad I could not take it. Well my new friends, take care and wish us all luck for something to look forward to

Peter
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

Re: New to Board
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2004, 4:37pm »

Welcome to the MB.  Sorry that you needed to search us out.  Hopefully the letter from the doctor will convince the ins company that you do need a larger allotment of meds to deal with the beast.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

katethecelt
New Board Veteran
USA 

katethecelt  
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 11th, 2004, 9:55pm »

Hi Peter,

Make sure to read all the info from the buttons on the right.  I printed it out and read as I had time.  I also took a copy of most of it to my doc.

I hope you share your experiences and wisdom of dealing with CH.  

Sending good, pain free vibes,

Kate
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2004, 6:28pm »

Welcome aboard and you will find lots of support and ideas for dealing with this horror.

Your neurologist won't let you have O2 because of tobacco? That's idiotic. He assumes you're an idiot about handling the stuff I guess. I'm not one of them but the thing is, there are more smokers here than anywhere I've been and lots of O2 cosumed. I hope you find a way.

Let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
buckeyescooter
New Board Veteran
USA 

Screw Fear!

« Reply #4 on: May 14th, 2004, 1:47am »

First off....Welcome!
    Second...I agree with Charlie about the o2 thing. That's the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever heard. I've had several Neuro's say quitting smoking while actively in a cycle could actually make the ha's worse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating smoking, even though I do it. I just don't think you need to be punished by your neuro for doing it. Hopefully you can convey this to her. O2 has been a lifesaver for a lot of people on this site
 Stay in touch.............. Smiley
IP Logged

Clusterheads are a rare breed.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 14th, 2004, 9:59am »

UMmmmmmmmmmm

GET SOME 02 - dont take no for an answer.  You dont smoke around it - geesh!    

And welcome to the board!

tina Kiss
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 16th, 2004, 11:13pm »

Welcome to the board, PK

Have to agree with the above post's.....don't take no for an answer.

You know....you can also use welder's 02.  You just need the right mask....and a regulator that goes to about 12 or 15ml.

Sorry you're having to deal with the beast.  Hope you get some rest and a lot of PF time.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: May 18th, 2004, 1:54pm »

Welcome to the website.  I hope your insurance company will cave with the letter from the doc.  My insurance company was only gonna give me 6 Zomig Nasal Sprays a month until my neuro wrote them a "Letter of Medical Necessity."  Now I get 30 per month.  Good luck on that.  

As far as the O2 thing, that is ridiculous.  O2 is a very effective tool in fighting the beast.

Wishing you Pain Free Days and Nights (PFDAN)

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss