Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 6:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hate Doctors with a Passion »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hate Doctors with a Passion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hate Doctors with a Passion  (Read 260 times)
zRoYz
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hate Doctors with a Passion
« on: May 21st, 2004, 3:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, this is my first post here as I only thought about doing my own research during my recent attacks of CH. I have had CH since I was about 16 & in those early days tried everything my doc through at me to prevent or stop them but nothing ever worked. I had Cat Scans etc etc but nothing worked so I just learnt to deal with it the hard way & except the pain.

I have never bothered to look up or read info like on this site because after many doc visits I had come to think it's a condition I just had to deal with & be thankful condition only lasts few months a year. Well I'm 41 now & still get CH & still take no meds for it at all mainly because I have no faith in docs at all (my sister is a GP funny enough). I have been lucky at times & gone pain free for 1-2 years in that time, but it always in the back of my mind will CH get me this year. My family doesn't really understand the pain factor & thinks oh dads just got a headache which can make it hard to explain when I don't want to go anywhere during CH season.

Anyway I'm going to have a major read over things now & maybe I can find something that will work for me to free me up from this curse of CH.

The only things I do are:
Aspro Clear (Aspirin)
Sit in dark room.
Sit infront of fan or A/C.
Rub my head so hard it hurts more.

Things I can't stand about CH apart from everything:
Waking up from sleep with CH.
Not knowing 100% when & where it will hit.
The pain.

I have people say to me when other things happen that cause pain like when I broke 6 ribs or riped body part off why I could just cope with it while others fainted, well they have never had CH have they we are super human.

RoY
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2004, 5:42am by zRoYz » IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Hate Doctors with a Passion
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2004, 8:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on May 21st, 2004, 3:10am, zRoYz wrote:

I have people say to me when other things happen that cause pain like when I broke 6 ribs or riped body part off why I could just cope with it while others fainted, well they have never had CH have they we are super human.

I ALWAYS win at mercy. Grin  lol
IP Logged
Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2004, 11:51am »

Have you been officaly diagnosed by a Neurologist.... Did you ever tried Verarapimil for prevention.... Before march of this year i was like you.... but since I've been diagnosed, started to take Verap and found this site... My life is way betterWink

Pain Free Day for you

Pegase
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #3 on: May 21st, 2004, 3:37pm »

Your story sounds exactly like mine, except I'm only 34... I went 18 yrs untreated and had pretty much the same outlook.
But I finally found a good neuro that knows his shit and I'm VERY thankful!
If nothing else you need to get yourself some O2 and some imitrex shots! Once you're able to stop a headache in it's tracks, it will change your whole outlook.
Good luck!
IP Logged

Chris
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 21st, 2004, 9:33pm »

Sounds familiar.

Lots of new stuff.  Ya might want to try something that your research here may lead.  Lot of work to not use.

You've got to at least give o2 a shot.

Steve G
IP Logged
zRoYz
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: May 22nd, 2004, 4:55am »

Hi, everybody & thanks for replies  Smiley

After last few days (reason I did search on internet & found this site) I will be seeking medical advice ASAP after reading through many, many posts & listed info.

I was diagnosed when young & my doc sent me to major hospital headache clinic for treatments etc, but as I said before nothing ever worked for me back then. I now see there is maybe more hope now with improved meds that might fight this beast for me & after last 2 weeks of CH I'm willing to try just about anything (my luck ran out hadn't had major attack for awhile then had bike acc broke 6 ribs & after 6 weeks on pain meds for that CH cycle started).

I'm a very strong willed person & find it very hard to cope with docs etc because there so hit & miss but with ammo from this site I'm going in both guns blazing.

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2004, 4:57am by zRoYz » IP Logged
Pegase
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Hit the Road Jack...

« Reply #6 on: May 22nd, 2004, 9:48am »

Nice thinking dudeWink

Good vibes for you... I f you need sometimes just ask... i'll be there... or somebody here for sureWink

Good idea to see a Neuro again... I think medication is  way better now... and you'll see this site is already a good placeboWink

See you around Wink

Pegase
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 27th, 2004, 10:56am »

HI Roy -

Welcome...  

I hate Dr's too - but they're the only ones who can give you drugs.   Just do it............

Better living thru chemicals.......as they say!

Grin
Tina
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2004, 10:57am by Woobie » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss