Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Suffering in Ireland »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Suffering in Ireland
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suffering in Ireland  (Read 633 times)
ladyhawke03
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Suffering in Ireland
« on: May 27th, 2004, 4:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My 13 year old son had just been diagnosed with CH. (the doctor thinks) I moved over here from the states and the health profession is not what it is back in the US. Most doctors here have never heard of CH. But my son has had this for over 5 years on and off. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year. But in the last few months it has gotten worse and in the last 2 weeks it has been every day 24/7. The over the counter stuff doesn't help. And the Dr. said that the only medication is for ovwere 18's only. Is he doomed to go without anything?
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

Re: Suffering in Ireland
« Reply #1 on: May 27th, 2004, 4:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ladyhawke

The Doctor is talking complete crap!
We have several younger sufferers in the UK who are members of OUCH UK, the support group for CH sufferers in the UK(www.ouchuk.org) who use Imigran and very young sufferers who use high flow rate 02 therapy.

You might want to have a read around this site as there are links to special information for younger people. Also your son may want to hook up with the other boys (and a girl too) who have Ch in the Uk. They are very friendly and happy to talk to new people.

If you want to message me privately with an email address for your son (don't put any personal info on here) I can put him in touch with the others. Alternatively come over to the support board, or join OUCH UK so your son can post on the members board. We also have a Helpline manned by CH sufferers who you and your son can talk to in person about treatments in the UK.
We have some other people in Ireland too.

Wendy

a good place to start for reading around is:

http://www.clusterheadaches.org.uk/home/index.cfm?address=../home/txt_ki ds.cfm&added=30/07/03&code=CC

and the Children and Clusters Board on here and also

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/resources/kids.htm
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2004, 4:56am by pubgirl » IP Logged
ladyhawke03
New Board Newbie
Ireland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: May 27th, 2004, 7:16am »

Thanks so much. He does want to talk to other people with this. He will be delighted. Smiley He feels like he's the only kid with this. It really is bad, but I have to say that I'm relieved to know what it is as I was very worried. It must be so hard for kids to go to school with this, but he is an over achiever and doesn't like to miss. He's also very hyper, which I wondered if that had anything to do with it. But thanks for your advise. And I will tell him about the site.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: May 27th, 2004, 9:06am »

I'm not a doctor and this is only my opinion. A couple of things you said makes me believe your son does not have cluster headaches.
The headaches started at age 8? That is very young for clusterheadaches to start. It's not unheard of but it is very very rare.
Every day 24/7? Do you mean the pain is there 24 hours a day every day? Clusterheadaches last from 15 minutes to about 2 hours.
Has your son been checked by a neurologist? Had a CAT scan or MRI?  
Please tell us more.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 27th, 2004, 10:20am »

on May 27th, 2004, 4:31am, ladyhawke03 wrote:
My 13 year old son had just been diagnosed with CH. (the doctor thinks)  

in the last 2 weeks it has been every day 24/7.

Do you mean the Headaches are 24/7?   Nonstop??

just wondering............

regardless... I hope he gets what he needs.  Kids shouldn't have to deal with head pain.   well, NO ONE should, but you know what i mean. Grin

tina
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2004, 10:23am by Woobie » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss