Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vicodin withdrawal? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vicodin withdrawal?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vicodin withdrawal?  (Read 419 times)
Carolann
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Vicodin withdrawal?
« on: May 29th, 2004, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now, Thomas, don't yell at me!  You were right about getting off the Vicodin.

I freaked out last week when I realized I didn't have enought Vicodin for the Memorial weekend (sounds like an addiction, huh?)

My primary care physican called and said that Vicodin is a "slippery slope".  He refilled my rx, but gave me a referral for a neuro.

My question is how do I get off this crap?

Thanks,
Carolann
IP Logged
daffyswacky
New Board Junior
USA 

Do the voices in my head scare you?

smileyhearts29   smileyhearts29
Email

Re: Vicodin withdrawal?
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2004, 3:37pm »

Sad carolann...sorry to here about your withdraw..i can help cause i been thru it.....2 ways....the 1st i DON'T reccommend if your clusters are very frequent and that is cold turkey....this causes sweating, shakes,and major headaches and you should have someone there to help you thru this DO NOT try this alone!! 2nd...gradual....u have to decrease your dosage (and this is also gonna take another person to hold onto your pills who won't give in to your bitchin and whining) cause you are gonna want to take another pill and you gotta skip a dose ex. 1 evy 4 hrs chg to 1 evy 6hrs...increase by 2 hrs each day and WALLA....no more vicodin..hope this helps..STAY STRONG...you are heading in the right direction!!!! Grin
IP Logged

If you're not living on the edge...you're taking up too much space
thomas

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 30th, 2004, 5:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm not going to yell at you.  I only took one pill one time, so I have no clue as to how to get off of it, that maybe something that you should talk to your dr. about.  But vicodin is not a good for of ch treatment, and he should not be prescribing it to his other ch patients.  Just what some one needs and addiction to go along with our affliction.  Hey wow that ryhmes. Grin  Hope you can get off that stuff soon and get some good ch treating meds.
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2004, 8:17am »

Hi Carolann:

I'm glad you realise that you need to get off this drug.

I have had personal experience with this problem due to the addiction of a family member.

If you are taking big doses, you must not go cold turkey as you might have seizures.  You will also have stomach and body cramps, sweats, shakes, nausea, headaches, and be sitting on the toilet half the time.

One of the better ways to handle this is with the help of a pain management doc.  Just be sure to be honest and tell them the exact dosage.  I know it's hard, but if you really want off, you have to do it right.

I have a nephew who went the Methodone Clinic route.  It's 2 years now and he is still going. He was taking 120 twenty mg. doses per month along with oxyContin.  I don't know how many of them. A lot tho, as he had other cousins going to docs to get them and then selling them to him.  The problem with the clinic is, they don't encourage you to taper down unless you ask them.  Its a good business.  Also, methadone is very hard to taper off of as it is a strong drug.

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to e-mil me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss