Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hoping to find answers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   hoping to find answers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hoping to find answers  (Read 249 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hoping to find answers
« on: May 21st, 2004, 2:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

first of all i have to say i don't suffer from clusters but my husband does. he has had migraine for years then about 3 years ago he started to have clusters with them, he's been to a neou. who told us that he had one of the worse cases of clusters he has ever treated ( the dr has treated people with ch for 20 years) he was put on varp. depokote, and a lot of other med i cant remember the names of along with meds for nausea that the migraine caused. at one time he was taking 21 pills a day to try to ease the pain with no help he's headackes last from april till nov. with no break .  2 years ago he went to the er where they ran a mri it showed nothing then they gave him ashot of demarail didnt help then they sent him home on the way home he collasped and was take back to the er by the emt his heart rate would jump up very high then drop very low they put him on the cardiac ward for 4 day thank god they got a neou. to take a look at him also who started him on his meds its been a bumpy road here with 2 kids to keep quite and to try to explaine thing to its hard when you dont understand why it happens yourself. we found out a few mounts a go that he had suffered a stroke that damaged the part of the brain that tells you to breath so now he has to use a cpap at night im very thank full that we found a dr that has helped. he also has to use o2 also at night. thanks for letting me get all this off of me i just wish i would have found this place 3 years ago i read a lot of the post here and i dont feel so alone any more
IP Logged
beca
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: hoping to find answers
« Reply #1 on: May 28th, 2004, 10:34pm »

Kim, I am new to this site, but I wanted to reply to your post. I am sorry that your husband has suffered for so long. I have suffered from CH for 14 yrs. and I have 2 kids, so I know that that is hard. Keep your chin up. Bye! Smiley
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2004, 1:39am »

Hope the oxygen helps him Kim.

Kevin M
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 29th, 2004, 11:16pm »

Welcome aboard and I hope you stick around as you will find some good support and ideas for dealing with this horror.  

Here is one that worked for me:

http://www.netsync.net/~charlies/

Good luck and let us know you you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss