Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « bit about me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   bit about me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: bit about me  (Read 216 times)
OLLY
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

if anyone says "hayfever " i will scream

bit about me
« on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 8:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi my names chris from lancaster in the uk i had cluster headaches when i was 26 to 29 im now 37 and just started with them again from what i read some of the people in here get them worse than me which must be real bad and my heart goes out to you, i get mine EVERY day from the second they wake me up to about 10.30 its not nice going to bed knowing whats going to happen in the morning and im a man with a good pain threshold. would real like to know other peoples experiences
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: bit about me
« Reply #1 on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Chris and welcome to ch.com.  Are you saying that you have a constant headache from the time you wake up until you go to bed in the evening?  How long do your headaches usually last?  During my cluster cycle, I get an attack that lasts for 1 hour, anywhere from 2 to 4 times a day/night.  Also, have you been diagnosed with cluster headaches by a neurologist or general practioner?  

Thanks and take care,
Smileymel
IP Logged
OLLY
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

if anyone says "hayfever " i will scream

« Reply #2 on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:16am »

hi  thank for your welcome no i meant 10.30 am sorry
IP Logged
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:34pm »

welcome  Cool
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 4:21pm »

Look at the OUCH button on the left and go to the English version of this organization; good outfit with much to offer you.

Look at this site for good information:
  WWW.MELDRUM.DEMON.CO.UK/migraine. At bottom of home page, look for FAQ on clusters: four sections of extensive material; strong on treatment options.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jun 7th, 2004, 10:33pm »

Welcome to the board, Olly.  Other experiences, huh?  Well, I get hit 3 - 5 times a day at least one of which is a real screamer.  Attacks generally last 30 - 45 minutes if I don't use my O2 and/or Zomig NS.  I usually get woke up at about 0130.  I use O2 and Zomig NS for abortive.  Still haven't found a preventative that works for me.

So what time do you usually get hit in the mornings?  The pain is constant from awakening until about 1030?

READ, READ, READ, man.  Read everything in the links on the left and on the ouch site.  Also check out the UK sites as well.  Your best chance at finding what works for you is knowledge.

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss