Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help im new to this »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Help im new to this
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help im new to this  (Read 253 times)
jmratchford
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Help im new to this
« on: Jun 4th, 2004, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My name is Jill my husband was in the emergency room on Saturday.  The ER Doc said he has cluster headaches.
What do I do  now where should I take him?????
IP Logged
no-one
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

aude sapere        cogito ergo         disce pati

beckyulissi   Becku22

Re: Help im new to this
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 5:02pm »

Hi Jill,

I am glad that you found this site, but sorry there is a reason that you needed to.There is alot of info here for you and your husband to read. The first thing that I would do is find him a neuro.  or a headache clinic.
I would go for a headache clinic if there is one near you.
Please feel free to join and ask all the questions you want or need on the message board. There is always someone here that can help you.

Hugs  
Becky
IP Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter....don't mind....And those that mind....don't matter."

Man is what he believes. Anton Chekhov

Unless you believe, you will not understand.
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 5:07pm »

Hi there and take a deep breathe. There are a lot of people here and we will be happy to help as much as we can.  Have him take the cluster quiz to the left. Get into see another doc. Hopefully a neuro and get the diagnosis confirmed. Some ER Docs are getting better but it is always better to be sure.  If it is CH, then make sure that if you did not get to a neuro the first time then get him in as soon as you or your insurance company will allow.  

Read as much as you can.  There is a lot of info between here and OUCH. Go to the doc prepared.  So that if they say yes it is CH then you undersatnd what that means.  

What and how did they treat him with at the ER?  

PF Wishes to your husband and we are here
-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 8:59pm »

Ditto on the advice above.  I would make certain that the neurologist specializes in "headaches".  Many people have some relief at the first signs of these headaches by drinking strong coffee--couple of cups quickly.  Cold or hot showers, ice packs, vigerous exercise at the first signs of the headache.  These could be some temporary measures until he gets some professional help and a confirmed diagnosis.

How many has he had?  What time of day? Keep us informed and read as much as possible in the meantime.  Good luck,

John
IP Logged
jmratchford
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 11:08pm »

John  
He had these a few years ago this is the second time and this time it is going on 3 weeks with no relief.
the ER Doc gave him o2 which helped.  He also gave him narcotics they do nothing! I have researched your site and every other one I can find. Thats why I decided you guys could help the most and you have! I just feel really helpless no being able to do anything to help him!

Thank You!
Jill  
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 11:59pm »

Sounds like it could be clusters. Let's hope it's not.

Find a good neurologist

Good luck

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Kimmy
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Jun 5th, 2004, 8:58pm »

Huh
I have a very special friend in my life and yesterday I experienced his very first headache in over a year.  In the past year he has mentioned the symptoms and tried to explain to me what will happen.  But yesterday I experienced his pain first hand and I have never felt so helpless, all I could do was sit and watch the pain take over.  

Please help me understand how I can help him and give him whatever support I can.
IP Logged
jmratchford
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Jun 5th, 2004, 11:51pm »

I got my husband an appt. with a neuro at the University hospital. Thanks for the help and wish us luck.
Jill
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #8 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 11:28am »

I sure hope that Doc was wrong in your case and it NEVER comes back.  However,  A Neurologist has the best shot most of the time to help you.

Good Luck

Good VIbes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: Jun 7th, 2004, 9:42pm »

Welcome to the website.  Sounds like you are on the right track.  Just remember in all your taking care of people that you remember to take care of you, too.  The support we give each other is to the sufferers AND their supporters.  You'll find quite a few people here who know full well the row you have to hoe.  When things start closing in on you, come on in and vent with us.  It really helps having someone who understands to rant and rave to.

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss