Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 5:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new with cluster questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new with cluster questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new with cluster questions  (Read 283 times)
clustercole
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

new with cluster questions
« on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 2:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi board,  I can't wait to look around, but before I glue myself to this Cluster nightmare, I needed your advice.  My Dr. when I was a kid diagnosed me as having Cluster headaches and ran all the head scans and everthing.  Now that I am uninsurred and would never beable to pay for all those tests again, i come to the experts, you.  Here's the deal.  My symptoms are similar but not usual to what I have read from some of you and on-line.  They do come in clusters but mine come 20-50 a day AND only last between 2 and 10 seconds (although today I think I reached over a minute.  It's hard to tell time when you can't breath.  I will have 3-5 within 15 minutes then could go hours before having another and they all reach different levels of pain.  The pain is PIERCING always on the right temple to ear and shoots down my right arm.   They come and go like yours, fast and when it's gone it's completely gone like nothing happened.  My eye does not droop, no leakage of any kind and I don't necessarily get them at night although I can.  They do wake me up.  I look like I am seizing.  I am afraid to go my daughters first swim meet tonight because I look like an idoit when I get one.  

If anyone agrees that this sound like a cluster, what the hell do you do?  Tylenol?  Can I get meds from Canada w/o perscription?

Your time to read this lengthly one and advice is so appreciated in advance.

Cole
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: new with cluster questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 3:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

CPH is what it sounds like, maybe you should look at using indomethicine.
check this out
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/comparison_table.htm
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2004, 3:19pm by thomas » IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 2nd, 2004, 4:15pm »

Agree with Thomas: these are not Clusters.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 3rd, 2004, 7:32pm »

Ditto on Thomas.

John
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 3:49pm »

I agree with the others that this is not clusters ALTHOUGH, the number of attacks suggest CPH...the duration of attacks is short. (a minute or less). I believe common CPH attacks last from 5 to 15 minutes. The pain in the arm sounds uncommon too. I would seek a neuro asap to rule out any other (potentially serious) problems.

on Jun 2nd, 2004, 2:44pm, clustercole wrote:
  They come and go like yours, fast and when it's gone it's completely gone like nothing happened.    

This is NOT always true. A CH attack can last anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours (of hell)

on Jun 2nd, 2004, 2:44pm, clustercole wrote:
 Can I get meds from Canada w/o perscription?

RX without a prescription is illegal.

Unsolved

PS... TYLENOL and CH don't belong together in the same sentence  Lips Sealed
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 6:05pm »

Cole,

You may want to investigate this webpage (scroll down a bit to read about SUNCT):

http://accessible.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_medical/disorders/sunct.htm

Also, read this article about ISH (Idiopathic Stabbing Headache... which I also suffer from):

http://www.upstate.edu/neurology/haas/hpstab.htm

That 2nd article is great because it contains info on differential diagnosis.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: Jun 7th, 2004, 3:29pm »

It doesn't look like CPH.  The attacks in CPH can last from 2 to 120 minutes.  

It sounds more like SUNCT syndrome, where the  attacks last from 5 to 250 seconds.

Do all the reading assignments suggested above.

Having said that, none of us are doctors. You absolutely should go to your doctor to get diagnosed and have tests done to rule out anything physical that might show up on an MRI.  Self-medicating what the disorder "sounds like" may cause more harm then good.  There are a lot of actual physical problems that can mimick any of the cluster related head pains.  I know it is expensive to do them, but how much will it cost your family if you treat a tumor like a headache and die because of it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Gator
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss