Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 12:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Checking In/Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Checking In/Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Checking In/Update  (Read 230 times)
Fig
New Board Newbie
USA 

Let It Be

Email

Checking In/Update
« on: Jun 4th, 2005, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Group.......I've not had a true CH in a very long time, thankfully. I do, however have very bad to severe headaches every day. I've been trying to find ways to deal with them--find things that work best, give the most relief.
    There are days that are tolerable, days when I have to keep the room dark and do nothing.  
      Showers, preferably hot, are always good. I let the spray run on the part of my head that hurts the worst. The shower itself is just relaxing......
Herbal teas, meditation, aromatherapy--I've tried these as well. Trying to let go of depressing thoughts and replacing them with pleasant memories and projections....I suffer from chronic depression, so I've had to develop these coping skills to deal with everyday life.
  My headaches are mostly tension, migraine, and "something else". Brain crushers, skull blasters. Mostly always on the right side.  I hope all this hasn't sounded stupid. I would appreciate your comments and ideas. Thanks.  Marion
IP Logged
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

Re: Checking In/Update
« Reply #1 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 1:53am »

Hi Marion. I have noticed that Kudzu works very good on my migraines. E-mail me if you want more info or check out the Kudzu string under therapies and medications. Wish you success, Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: Checking In/Update
« Reply #2 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 2:57pm »

Hi Marion  

First of all,  it doesn't sound stupid. I get clusters, migraines, ice pick HA and combinations of them all.

If you are getting headaches that are different FOR YOU then you need to see your doctor or better yet a neurologist as soon as you can. A good neuro can help you sort it out if a lot is going on a once.

I use a lot of ice (love bags of frozen peas), sometimes heat or breathing steam, to help with the pain.Have you ever tried Oxygen for your CH? Sometimes it works for my migraines too.
<-----------there's a link on the vertical bar to the left.

I have battled with depression as well and I understand how hard you are working to keep in a positive direction. ..everyday. And I applaud you for it!

Be well and Pain Free,
lionsound
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss