Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 7:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member in AZ »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New member in AZ
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member in AZ  (Read 235 times)
scottydback
New Board Newbie
USA 

New member in AZ
« on: Jun 8th, 2005, 6:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,
Found this site through search. I started experiencing cluster headaches around approximately 1998/1999. For a couple years I thought it was because of wisdom teeth or similar tooth problem because it always seemed to shoot up one side of my head (right). The wife's diagnosis also. It wasn't until last year that I found the symptoms doing online research.  

The symptoms fit me to a tee. I get them it seems two times a year. I'm currently in a cycle. It seems cycles are getting progressively more painful but fortunately not more frequent. However, the last 24hours I've had 4 attacks. That is a new record. The last couple of years I've gotten a couple during the day. Today I had 2 (so far). I'm currently using Imitrex nasal spray that the Dr. prescribed my last time (last Nov). It doesnt do much for me other than turn a severe sharp pain into a severe dull pain if that makes sense.

Hav'nt been able to pinpoint trigger or cause.  I'm 41, male, 6'3" +/- 227 pds. Have been exercising fairly regular the last 8 mo's. Smoke 1-2 packs a day. I look forward to sharing and learning on this site.

Thank you,
Scott
IP Logged
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

Re: New member in AZ
« Reply #1 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 7:11pm »

I tried Imitrex nasal spray but at too low of a dose.

They do make different doses and the samples
were too low to erase my CH.

I also tried 2.5 mg of Zomig pills, Tongue
and the 5 mg Zomig Nasal Spray.  Lips Sealed

the 5mg pills worked for me. Grin

but still didn't like the feeling of
being "dizzy" and "dazed"
(not a natural blonde here... Wink  Wink

Many on here find relief with Oxygen,
and that is what I am turning to next....
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 7:13pm »

DAMN!!!.....Your a big MF'er....LMAO Grin

Sorry to welcome you, but glad you found us.

Follow the orange nerve that turns yellow, this is you CH pain delivery system (Hence teeth)

Strap in and read....you are going to learn more about whats in your head than 99% of Docs can tell you......why?.......because DJ gathered every bit of info that could be found about CH and put it here.......DJ is the webmaster.....and a sufferer.

Im jonny, King of Clusterville......LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

scottydback
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 12:14am »

Thank you for your welcome. Yesterday brutal. Today has been relief.  

I feel for anyone that suffers the pain I'm dealing with. It appears many have to deal with chronic attacks which I can't imagine. My prayers go to you all. Thank you.

Scott
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss